VapersBreath. Discussion of new types of coils for MTL vape

Hi everybody. Let’s discuss my blanks for MTL coils. I am interested in your opinion about their structure. Who can say that, having looked at their structure?
On the agenda are blanks called a flat cord. Their structure resembles a grid, if you look at them through the light. How do you think they will act?

8 Likes

Hi Eduard, First off, I’m impressed by the workmanship of your product’s! The term ‘blank’s’, to me, mean’s something that need’s further refinement to become useful, so that confused me when I began looking at, and reading about your coil’s. This flat cord is ready to be shaped into a coil, and put into service, yes?
I’ve begun learning, by watching other’s, to build my own traditionally styled coil’s by wrapping around one or more core’s, and find your technique fascinating! I will guess that without that core in place, heating happen’s very quickly with this type of construction, making this a good choice for the MTL vaper.

Tell us more! :grinning:

7 Likes

Yes, you are absolutely right. You can see it in the photos. :star_struck:

7 Likes

Looks brilliant man I’m with @whthek tell us more.

7 Likes

I want to share with you my vision as I see it.

This blank is a flattened hollow wire rope. The flat cord is made of a homogeneous material: Ni Cr, Kanthal or SS316L. The number of wires reaches from 5 to 12 pieces in one product. The perforation of the flat cord allows the liquid to pass from the wick to the surface of the cord, which, in turn, does not allow the wick to get dirty under the coil, extending its service life. Also, the perforation of the cord affects the transmission of its taste, due to a larger evaporation area. Flat cord, can be used in almost all MTL, DL sprayers, which makes it universal. Suitable for those who like dry steam

7 Likes

How/when did your adventure into this style of wire building begin? Do you have a background in metalworking? There is no machinery involved in their construction? I mean…they are…they look like jewelry! :ok_hand:

7 Likes

I started in 2013 with simple braids, at the time when the first mtl-devices began to appear. In 2017, I focused on my vision of what compact and versatile mtl coils should be. I have 4 types of them in my arsenal. Here I show 1 exhibit

7 Likes

@Vapersbreath I do MTL, and have no clue how your coils will fare in MTL, but the workmanship is stunning.

7 Likes

Well, I’ll have to pick some up when I have some extra cash. Thanks for sharing man
I have this thread bookmarked.
Could you put a link to your website in the first thread?

:v:

7 Likes

So this is a cord of wire, that is then pressed flat? I am sure I have seen something like this before! I know I have made similar when experimenting with flat wire by basically getting a bunch of wire, twisting it together and then hammering the snot out of it until it ended up kind of flat. I’m guessing yours is pressed a bit better heh!

Yeah, chainsaw build uses them, are these a similar structure (but round cord of course)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo8W6H5wcYE

7 Likes

Yep. This is a cord of wire, that is then pressed of the rollers :slightly_smiling_face:
I have and not only for MTL

7 Likes

I can see these giving great flavour in MTL RTA’s that work better with MTL fused clapton and Aliens but not so well in the MTL RTA’s which work much better with simple round wire coils. What is ramp up and cool down like compared with other MTL coils?

They do look stunning! If you ever want any guinea pigs to try these out I’m sure there are a few on the forum would love to give their feedback, I would be one of them!

7 Likes

That is some fantastic looking wire, and I can see it working quite well. I can already imagine a lot of things to do with it - have you tried twisting it again after you have already flattened once? :smiley:

Yeah, I cannot wait to get my hands on some of these wire shots!

Hope you will link us when they go on sale!

4 Likes

Store addy…Package’s ship from (this)Georgia…

6 Likes

I couldn’t agree more.

3 Likes

Friends. I’m from Russia myself. I came to Georgia in 2019 to relax at the sea with friends, so I decided to stay. In January 2020, my friends left back, as we could not cope with the finances. The pandemic has confused me. And there was no desire to return to Russia because of the mess in the country. That’s why I’m in Georgia right now. I have to survive. I’m looking for support. My FB

6 Likes

Take a look at my profile.

6 Likes

And here is a non-compressed version for DL, SubOhm. There are the same ones for MTL

6 Likes

Let’s consider the following type.
I want to introduce you to:

Flat Rope 1х7
In production since 2017
This blank is a flattened rope (1/1×6), where 1 is the central core, 1x6 is the number of wires around the core. The Flat Rope is made of a homogeneous material: NiCr, Kanthal or SS 316L. The number of wires is 7 (1x7). The perforation of the Flat rope, along its edges, allows you to transfer liquids from the wick to the surface of the coil, which, in turn, does not allow the wick to get dirty under the coil, extending its service life. Also, the perforation of the rope affects its taste transfer. Flat Rope can be used in almost all MTL, DL atomizers, which makes it universal. Burn before use !

Flat Rope (combined)
In production since 2017.
This blank is a flattened rope 1/1×7, 1/1×8, 1/1×10, where 1/ is the central core (SS, NiCr, Kanthal), /1x7,/1x8,/1x10 is the number of wires around the core of the same material (NiCr or Kanthal). The perforation of the Flat rope, along its edges, allows you to transfer liquids from the wick to the surface of the coil, which, in turn, does not allow the wick to get dirty under the coil, extending its service life. Also, the perforation of the rope affects its taste transfer. Flat Rope can be used in almost all MTL, DL atomizers, which makes it universal. Burn before use !

b2e7ff6d-a80c-41fc-a601-471e3ad60658

6 Likes

Round Rope

This blank is a round rope (cable) with a central core and wires wrapped around it from 6 to 10 pieces of the same section and material. The diameter of the central core depends on the number of wires in the winding and their cross-section. For example, “Round rope KN 201008”, where “K” is a cantal, " N " is nichrome, “20” is the diameter of the central core (0.20 mm)," 10 “is the diameter of the winding (0.10 mm),” 08 " is the number of wires (0.10 mm x 😎 around the central core. The central core gives the rope rigidity, which makes it easy to make a coil. “The” round rope " can be used in almost all MTL, DL devices, which makes it universal. It can be used in RDTA, RTA, RDA, RBA depending on the size and resistance of the product. Burn it before use!

6 Likes