Coil Art - Show Us Your Coils

It was a novel idea, but not entirely practical.

Still, looks cool AF.

6 Likes

Look’s like the spacing would of held quite a bit of liquid :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Well, looks like I’m stuck in a bit of a loop! (see what I did there? No, ok then :slight_smile: ) - at least I used ribbon this time! OK, I only used ribbon because I’m out of 36g till more arrives! But still, she vapes like a trooper at 50w - got to try make enough for 2 next time!

28g wrapped in 3 x 1 ribbon, fused with 38g SS316L, ID 3, 0.24Ω

9 Likes

THAT’S some good looking craftmanship, @yodaofborg ! :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Thanks! I’d like to take all the credit, but again, most of it goes to the button!

This is my button. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My button is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

heh

7 Likes

All hail the button :wink:

6 Likes

Sooo…I’m guessing you never REALLY much liked that tuck in shirt, anyway. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Well, another from me! I will lose interest one day! But for right now? Yep, you stuck with them I suppose!

I’m sure it has been done before, and have seen other coils with “helix” styles that I guess do similar but I stumbled upon it by mistake so I feel a bit proud of these. Only made one so far and although she started well, when I removed a core she sprang violently and unsprung a load of fusing!

She vapes a bit weird a bit like mesh, but quite warm and cloudy - will attempt another later but may uncore a wrap before I fuse this time!

6 Likes

6 Likes

10 Likes

Well I had a bash at making them alien things, and although I still have not made a full coil, I feel I am making progress!

Oh wait, that isn’t progress, this is back to last month! Sod it, Imma stick to lovely straight SFCs for now!

9 Likes

Very nice, @yodaofborg ! Well, except for the hole in your digit! :anguished:
I haven’t been making any coil’s as of late…bit of turmoil in my life right now…not inspired, but I will have to spin up a few simple wire’s soon, to keep the clouds ‘a-swirlin’ lol.

3 Likes

Wasn’t the spit back horrendous?

4 Likes

Out of interest how much do you charge for them? Any idea anybody what the TCR would be for SS3008 and also would these work with Replay?

4 Likes

I’ve never heard of SS3008, but if the resistance rises ~20% from ambient/cold then it should work in Replay. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Like above, I don’t have a clue on the actual coefficient range, but I would suspect if it reacts well between 0115 and 0088 it will work for replay just like it would for TCR.

If it doesn’t it will fire like wattage mode, so I am game to try. There is a link to a website with pricing in the other thread, its not cheap but I may be willing to give it a shot soon if nobody else does.

5 Likes

Maybe shipping will make it pricey but unless I am missing something the MTL options are 1.7m of cord which will either make four coils at a certain resistance or six coils at a higher resistance for either 3 or 4 euros, that sounds cheap!

4 Likes

Yeah, it will be the shipping that is the killer, but I’m still going to grab some. Hardest part for me will be convincing the better half I need it after all the wires I just bought, heh

4 Likes

The other issue of course is to make the shipping worth while you would need to order a few and then if they turn out to be pretty disappointing (pretty certain they will be fine but it’s always a risk) then it’s money wasted! Pity he doesn’t have a distributer in UK and US!

4 Likes

Yeah and that box of chocs, flowers, new handbag or/and new pair of shoes is just going to increase the cost further! :metal:

4 Likes