Traveling with your Vape

@whthek I hear you man. The problem is you can’t take e-liquid into those countries. I might end up sneaking some in using a shower gel or shampoo bottle. Any thing to keep me off the cigs.

3 Likes

When flying, I always have crumbly mints infused with a mild juice. So far, I haven’t gone on a killing spree mid-flight.

2 Likes

I’m sure they sell snus and the like there, that’s ok to use.

2 Likes

@SquirrelSmash Explain man. Teach me your secrets

3 Likes

In his sect of Satanists he’s not allowed to share what’s in the Necronomicon

3 Likes

That’s a nice ad, where by chance can I purchase those?

2 Likes

I am kinda anti-disposables. They pollute more than cigarette buts. But if I must use them, I will only use PunkApe by Vape King.

4 Likes

The first rule of Necronomicon Club is to not tell people that they’re all fake.

1 Like

Keeping a pod device on hand.

4 Likes

First vape in Angola

5 Likes

Missed this one. It’s quite simple:

1. Make a blend using only the flavours you enjoyed from their knuckle tests alone - how it tastes when atomised is irrelevant here.
  2. Use alcohol as the base liquid (we’re making a tincture here and not a juice).
  3. Make sure that the nicotine content is no higher than 1ml/mg - you don’t to want to have hiccups afterwards (this occurs from ingesting too much nicotine orally, which causes diaphragm spasms).
5 Likes

Thays clever. Hiccups I know well. The mount of times my RDA leaked all over my hands and then just lick it up has lead to some strange moments

3 Likes

Dude, this is the thread. I have to travel for work as well, mostly between a few different countries but sometimes elsewhere, and the different vaping laws are a pain. I always try to check what the laws are before boarding because they sometimes change. Super annoying. It sometimes feels like it’d be easier to smoke, not that I’m going to go back to that garbage but you know what I mean. I’m just waiting for the day work sends me somewhere I can’t vape without going to jail :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Just wanted to weigh in on this map. Vaping isn’t “illegal” in Australia… it just requires a prescription for nicotine (assuming you’re going to vape WITH nicotine and not without it). Even though a prescription is needed, you can still find vapes being sold all over the place. It’s 100% ridiculous.

4 Likes

Welcome to the VC @kirbyclouds.

4 Likes

@kirbyclouds Firstly, welcome. Secondly, Im so glad someone finds value in this thread. I would lo e to hear some tips and trick you picked up while traveling with a vape. I’m going to Uganda early next year and vaping is banned there, so any tips on gow to get my nic fix will be great

5 Likes

Welcome to VC, @kirbyclouds :wave:

4 Likes

Update: I saw this thread on Reddit that’s a lot more recent than the one on TripAdvisor I shared below. Commenters in the thread claim that there are no issues flying into the country with vapes and that you can actually buy them locally at this point. If the comments are to be taken at face value, it does not appear as if you’ll have any issues vaping in Uganda. You can either bring your vapes with you or you can buy whatever you need once you’re in the country. It looks like Kampala has a number of vape stores that are open 24 hours and offer in-store shopping and delivery.

I’ve never been to Uganda but I do see that it’s one of the countries where e-cigs are banned. I did see this thread on TripAdvisor where commenters claim to have flown in with their vaping supplies and used them in the country without any problems. The thread is a few years old though and one of the comments says that people in the country didn’t know what vapes were and weren’t aware of the government’s ban on them lol.

It does appear that it’s illegal to bring them into the country but it doesn’t look like there are any laws on using them in the country. It seems you can use them, you just can’t buy, sell or import them. I’m not a lawyer but it seems like if you mysteriously happened upon some vapes while you were in the country that there might not be any issue with you using them while you’re there… lol. I don’t know that I’d want to risk it but vaping laws, as far as end-users are concerned, seem to be very poorly enforced (if at all) so I’m not sure I’d be overly concerned with the prospect of flying into the country with a vape but probably a good idea to do some more research before deciding what you’re going to do.

6 Likes

@kirbyclouds this is actually extremely good info. Thank you for doing the research.

5 Likes

Wow. It is good be back home. Having to vape in the smoking lounge at the airport was absolute hell. But I managed to take my vape kit in and out of Angola with no problems what so ever. In fact, it is harder to get a cigarette lighter through customs than a Vape. My colleague had his lighter taken away both times.

4 Likes