Traveling with your Vape

Hey there, fellow vapers!

I’m thrilled to kick off a discussion on a topic that’s become a significant part of my life lately—traveling with your vape. My new job has me jetting off to different countries, and my next stop is Angola. As I prepare for this exciting journey, it’s only natural to wonder about the ins and outs of bringing my trusty vape gear along.

Traveling with your vape can be a rewarding experience, allowing you to enjoy your favorite flavors and maintain your vaping routine wherever you go. However, it also comes with a set of unique challenges and considerations, including airline regulations, international vaping laws, and ensuring your gear arrives in one piece.

I’m eager to learn from your collective wisdom, share insights from my own experiences, and help each other navigate the world of vaping while on the move. So, let’s embark on this journey together, explore the risks, and uncover the best practices for hassle-free vaping adventures abroad. Share your tips, stories, and questions in this thread as we dive into the world of vaping while traveling.

4 Likes

I stumbled upon an article packed with valuable insights, but like all things, there were a few inaccuracies. One that particularly caught my attention was the claim that vaping is allowed in South Africa only if nicotine isn’t involved. However, this doesn’t quite align with my local experience – we can indeed enjoy vaping with nicotine, although we can’t deny the hefty taxes that come along with it.

4 Likes

We are DIYers and we only do it because we need cheaper sources for our nicotine addiction and we are too broke to travel……,…,……. Best of luck on your journey on learning

2 Likes

@JoelSq oh wow. Thanks for your valuable input. Rest assured, when my kit gets confiscated at some random African airport I will be thinking of you. :rofl:

4 Likes

And we say, “well it’s cheaper and we don’t like overflavoured commercial garbage liquid”. BUT HAVE YOU TRIED DINNER LADY WITH A FUCKING COFFEE

2 Likes

Got enough time to hit a tanning booth? If your complexion is alabaster and lack melanin it might be wise

3 Likes

Some basic tips to start with. These are pretty general so any personal tips or stories will be helpful.

Check Airline Regulations:

Before you travel, research the specific regulations of the airline you’ll be flying with regarding vaping devices and e-liquids. Different airlines may have varying rules and restrictions.

Carry-On Your Vape Kit:

Always carry your vape kit, batteries, and essential accessories in your carry-on bag. This ensures that your devices and batteries remain with you and aren’t subject to temperature extremes in the cargo hold.

Empty Your Tank:

Before your flight, empty your vape tank to prevent leaks caused by changes in air pressure during the flight. Store any remaining e-liquid bottles in a leak-proof bag or container.

Secure Your Batteries:

Remove batteries from your vape mod and store them in a protective case to prevent accidental firing or short-circuiting. Many airlines require that spare batteries be carried in your carry-on luggage.

Label Your E-Liquids:

If you’re carrying homemade e-liquids, label them clearly with the flavor name, nicotine strength (if applicable), and the bottle size. Some countries have restrictions on e-liquids, so having clear labeling can be helpful.

Follow Local Laws:

Familiarize yourself with the vaping laws and regulations of the destination you’re traveling to. Some countries have strict vaping restrictions or even bans.

Pack Extra Supplies:

Bring extra coils, wicking material, and any essential tools for maintenance. You might not easily find vape supplies in every location.

Ziplock Bags for E-Liquids:

Place e-liquid bottles in Ziplock bags to contain any potential leaks. Consider using travel-sized bottles to minimize the risk of spills.

Check Security Procedures:

Be prepared for additional security checks when traveling with vape equipment. Keep your vape kit and e-liquids easily accessible for inspection during security screening.

Store Vertically:

When not in use, store your vape device and e-liquids upright to minimize the risk of leakage.

Research Vape Shops:

If your destination is known for vaping, research local vape shops or online retailers where you can purchase e-liquids, coils, or replacement parts in case of emergencies.

Respect No-Vaping Zones:

Always respect designated no-vaping areas, whether it’s an airport, hotel, or public space. Ignoring these restrictions can lead to issues and negatively impact the reputation of vapers.

Disposable Vape Option:

For short trips, consider using disposable vape devices to simplify your setup and minimize potential hassles with carrying multiple components.

4 Likes

Never had a job that required travel and never had the money to do so either unfortunately! My travels away from the UK have consisted of booze and cigs cruises to France, going to see Bon Jovi in Paris and a few long weekends in Amsterdam, but all was well before vaping was about!

5 Likes

Was that a double penance for not living on a prayer?

5 Likes

IMG_0985

4 Likes

IMG_0986

4 Likes

You do give love a bad name!

5 Likes

I just keep the faith.

5 Likes

Even when you’re wanted dead or alive!

4 Likes

We all know the next line

3 Likes

I’m traveling to Angola on Sunday and I am freaking out a bit. I wamt to take my kit with me, but I’m worried about them taking it at the Airport. I think I will take my Vaperesso Luxe with me. If they take that, it is not as bad as losing my Target 200, RTA and set of batteries.

4 Likes

Well, the only obvious issue is you voluntarily going to Angola. If you have a solid reason, then I am sure you’re aware that a small bribe fixes all there: I think they are improving and are only around 70th in the global corruption awards.

3 Likes

All the countries I am going to are known for corruption. My area of focus is East and Southern Africa. I’m going to Uganda next early next year and there vaping has been banned completely. Looks like I might have start smoking again

2 Likes

4 Likes

I would drink eliquid from a bottle, before picking up another cig. Just a little dab between the cheek and gum should do it. Jus’ sayin’, Goat.

3 Likes