Tough Times Ahead for Europe

Are any of you hearing about this, over there on the other side of the pond?

3 Likes

That was shocking @whthek, and I’m hoping some of our UK VC’ers can comment on this.

2 Likes
2 Likes

@whthek

Marco Polo

2 hours ago

<<<<< I’m from the UK and all of what’s been said is true. People are going through tough times and there is a difficult winter ahead. The biggest problem here is the gas and electric bill’s have gone up 400% . Will be sharing this video with friends and families to help them realize and prepare. With inflation currently at about 10%>>>>>

Mazyar Kanani

Mazyar Kanani

3 hours ago

I’m in the UK. Tucker is right on the money. We’re bracing ourselves for a big crisis this winter

Chris

Chris

1 hour ago

I am French, never voted to the guy whom I won’t name. Tucker is absolutely right. At some point poor people will only have the rich ones to eat. Tyranny never lasts and the tyrants never end well. Karma is a b*tch.

D

D

2 hours ago

The majority of people have the attitude that “it doesn’t effect my world!” The problem is it becomes to late when it does effect your little world!

1 Like

Just as it is here in the US, the major media, and most elected officials worldwide, are hiding much of what is actually happening right under our noses.

3 Likes

A perfect storm of misery!

2 Likes

@Timwis seeing as though you’re actually over there, what are your thoughts on this story.

2 Likes

Not watched it! Trying not to get too depressed! So I don’t know what was said but inflation is well over 10% (How that is measured means you can actually add another 5% to that) and rising and the ibflation rate doesn’t include energy which they estimate by Jan an average household will get through £6000 per year! I am already seeing the signs of food shortages to come not that come winter if I am going to keep warm I will also afford to eat, likely that energy will be short and wouldn’t surprise me if we have regular power cuts and maybe even a three day working week, it’s going to be grim!

2 Likes

I’m sorry Tim, that was not my goal. I get SICK of being BARELY able to find any REAL coverage, as our “news” over here it political, and shit on top of that. Trying to get the REAL INFORMATION is complicated at best.

Well, THAT sounds like a REAL assessment.

Same …

Well THAT is certainly disturbing …

And that as well.

I’m sorry to hear that, but I appreciate you giving us some REAL information, that is apparently HARD to come by, when watching much of the “news” over here. Thank you for your candor.

1 Like

The actual estimate the energy cap will be come Jan is £6600 that’s $7675!

2 Likes

What do you think it driving this @Timwis. Green Energy ?? War in Ukraine ?? Russia reducing production/distribution ?

1 Like

Didn’t mean to pour gas on the fire, but I completely respect YOUR words, FAR MORE than I would see on the “news” over here.

2 Likes

And I typed too quickly and reading back it doesn’t make sense for example it should say if I keep warm I won’t be able to afford to eat!

1 Like

The War in Ukraine as Ukraine basically feeds Europe, crops is it’s economy especially cereal crops and Europe’s reliance on Russian oil and gas! The UK itself isn’t that reliant on energy from Russia but the price is set globally and is as much about confidence in the supply so just the fact Putin could turn off the tap at any time has set prices soaring and effects Europe more than America despite the price set globally because traditionally energy, fuel etc is highly taxed in Europe and especially the UK!

Of course higher energy and fuel prices puts the price of everything else up because things cost more to produce (business energy bills) and transport!

On top of this the crop yields across Europe are very low due to a dry hot summer which just adds to both the price and supply and in the UK we have supply chain issues anyway due to brexit!

Apart from that everything is going swimmingly and it must be over a week now since the last sabre rattling threat from the Kremlin of nuking the UK!

2 Likes

Roger that Tim, I appreciate your honesty.

1 Like

@Timwis I don’t know if it’s true but I just heard to 70% or more of business will close due to the inability to pay for heating fuel.

2 Likes

A lot will go out of business, as much cost as is possible as already been passed on to the customer so it’s now at breaking point, further rising costs for businesses just can’t be passed on because their products or services will just be more expensive than people can afford to pay so they would run at a big loss which is unsustainable!

2 Likes

Roger that Tim. :frowning: I was hoping what I had heard was wrong.

2 Likes

Let’s put it this way, one example is by the end of the winter there won’t be many pubs left!

2 Likes

2 Likes