The fisherman’s corner

Just a quick question while I wait for the weather to cooperate…

The new fuel tank has two vent lines. It has the fill port, the feed port, and two vent ports right next to each other. Any idea why there are two? Do I run them both as vents or cap one?

Tank:

Two vent necks are the left two. Filler neck is the big one, and feed line is right rear. Those vent necks are open to the tank. No lines or anything into the tank, just open necks like the big filler.

2 Likes

I dont know boats but it may be a return line for an efi system

2 Likes

I have a boat mechanic mate i will ask fo you

2 Likes

The two fittings on the outside left are as you thought breathers and should be plumbed to the outside of the boat preferably to the rear (obviously above the water line lol) for the fuel fumes clear

2 Likes

Thanks @woftam! I really couldn’t see how they could be anything else. I’ll do venting as he described rather than capping one. If anything, it should ease off on any pump spit-back. I already know where the vents will be. Photos upon completion (months away; it’s 20F right now)…

2 Likes

I’m really excited… just confirmed a family vacation this April, going to Palatka, Florida, gonna get to spend 7 days fishing the St. John’s river system, I plan on bagging a double digit bass:) and let the lure shopping commence…

4 Likes

Ooooohhhhh, sounds fantastic! Definitely need some pics of that trip!

2 Likes

Definitely lol the game plan is to try to catch a double digit bass early in the week and then switch over to crappie fishing lol supposedly there are some giant crappie in there as well as giant bass, and we all know how the fish cooperate with our plans lol

3 Likes

Went fishing yesterday, it was a balmy 35 degrees for the high, and I got to catch some bluegill in the midst of a snow flurry lol

4 Likes

Rainbow trout from last weekend… headed down to the strip pits tomorrow to catch some bluegill and maybe some crappie if I’m lucky:)

5 Likes

Successful day today, 20 bluegill for the fryer and probably threw that many smaller ones back too, the wife outfished me by numbers but I caught the bigger ones:)

6 Likes

So, I did not attempt to put the flooring down over the winter. I just never got the nerve to attempt it, knowing that a failure would result in lots of lost time and lots of lost money. Decided against my own impatience to wait until the weather allowed me to put the floor on without relying on a space heater and a plywood temporary addition to the garage (because of minimum curing times).

I also threw out those crossmembers that were fully enclosed, I’ll put that picture up again at the end of this. I decided that I lacked the patience and tools to make those little channels perfect. And flaws would be seen right through the floor and I’d probably burn the boat to the ground. I replaced them with flat topped members and used the tar tape to seal them.

Anyway, today I put on the decking and the vinyl floorring. It was 80F today and will be nearly that tomorrow, plus lows are near 60F so there’s no worry of improper sealant curing. Took the day off work. They didn’t necessarily like that, but I was supposed to be in the Ozarks this week and I cancelled for them.

I’ll get some pictures tomorrow. I’m actually close to falling asleep. 8 hours of this, plus sunburnt, exhausted, and old. Too tired to get a picture now. I’m not as good as I once was… I get tired easy these days!

Oh, those replaced crossmembers:

4 Likes

6 Likes

Sweet!! 8lbs maybe?

5 Likes

9-pounds,10oz

6 Likes

What state?

3 Likes

Translation: How far do I need to drive this time? :laughing: :wink:

4 Likes

Kinda lol, but mostly to quantify the quality of fish… that’s a nice bass anywhere, but in Indiana that’s a wall hanger lol in Texas or Florida though maybe not…

4 Likes

Georgia, in the Bethlehem area.

3 Likes