SXmini - Innovative Products & Giveaways

eh? what do you mean by that?

Seriously though, I can’t wait for mine.

4 Likes

It’s just the natural progression on vaping, in itself, @Dan_the_Man
Honestly, I do not know if it is the mod itself, or if I am actually slowing down on vaping.
I know what my normal juice consumption is… and I know I started vaping on the Nano since around June?? Am I right, @David_SXmini somewhere this summer…

I used to go thru 2 charges a day and 2-3 tanks a day. Even before I picked up a couple more mods… the tank slowly went from 2-3 refills to 2, then 1 tank. It’s charge day today, and I only have 2 mods needing charging, out of 3… I have not charged up in a couple days… rather very nice… within 45 min or less they both are recharged.

I also have been busy around here in the last few weeks, so I have to take that into account too, but I have slowed down. I have juices sitting here, which in itself is not unusual… but! it seems my juices are not going as fast as they used to. A lot of them are favorites, not many experiments going on right now.

I had to donate some juice to my son’s boss, since everyone at the pizza place he works, vapes… Must have been over a couple of liters, they fit in a medium priority mailbox from the USPS… and they were very happy to have the juice and have given me a ton of feedback as well as wanting to buy more.

This is what I mean by that. Normally I give out a few bottles here and there… but when my table becomes a bit crowded… and I’m sending out boxes of juice… yeah… :slight_smile:

It is not a bad thing, Dan… just observations. Yours might be different and you might become a juice hog… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Save your coil heads, @SthrnMixer as there are coils, like prebuilts that you can rebuild with.
Once I find a site here, will pop up the link. Have to admit, it’s tasty and the rebuilding is simple!
I like this… even tho I have around 1k in wire… the way this is done is super simple and I admit… I hate having to fiddle with inserting cotton… will see if @David_SXmini popped up a link to the rebuild vid…

Lemme scroll :smiley:

watch this :smiley: :rofl:

6 Likes

Here is the thing…
Many vapers, including myself, used bigger mods/clouds/volts/power pick a word… to gain more flavor.
But as Smoky here and myself as well, found we can get a good flavor and a satisfied vape out of a smaller device, the juice consumption drops drastically. and the wallet thanks you for that :slight_smile:

6 Likes

and I am not always attached by mod… really a nice thing…
I do bogart it once in a while still… but I think that is just me, relaxing… enjoying the vape… the taste… and yeah I think the gang did a heck of a job… keeping me happy is a job into itself!! :smiley:

6 Likes

I’m not knocking the flavor in the least let me tell ya. It’s flavor intensity.

Give you case in point. Back around September last year I found myself in Charleston, SC for just a day trip. I realized right before a scheduled lunch meeting that I had forgotten to bring juice with me, and I was out. So I popped into the nearest vape shop and purchased a bottle of juice just as a hold-me-over. I wasn’t digging the flavor, and it was 6mg so not something I would vape on much. I did try it in several devices/RDAs and the flavor was just meh. It’s what I’m vaping in the Nano and honestly I didn’t realize this juice was so flavorful. Amazing the notes I’m getting that I didn’t get on any other atty.

6 Likes

Makes you wanna go back and retry all those bottles in the drawer isnt it :smiley:

6 Likes

This is not an issue with the coil. Rather it’s an icky reminder of reason #3 why we diy.

After 1 day of vaping commercial juice…

6 Likes

oh my!!! ewwww!! :money_mouth_face: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

mine isn’t too bad… 3 weeks now?? maybe longer… with my mango sangria, on top of some kind of strawberry thing I created…

5 Likes

@SthrnMixer, I don’ thave an SXMini, and can you clean/rebuild that coil ??

5 Likes

There are specialty coils for it. I don’t think it will recognize a standard coil.
The coils needed come with the highest grade of cotton, already placed inside…
Replacing the coils is not hard at all. I have it down to a few minuets and I can install one…
but I get side tracked and before you know it… yeah… haha… but it’s easy… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m going to try. I will try boiling out the little disc. It’s a cottony/fabric material with the obvious purpose of keeping the wicks saturated. I’m sure that’s the biggest challenge. The build/wick itself looks a piece of cake.

Challenge accepted :wink:

6 Likes

Yeah Buddy, that some sweet stuff you got over there :slight_smile: some juice will give you 2+ weeks strong, but some are a just too sweet. :smiley:

6 Likes

You could try, but the cotton must be dry when you try to fire it.
water and temp control are enemies. it is its kryptonite.

6 Likes

you could try another thing, gently try to pluck out the bottom coil legs out of the bottom holes, straighten them completely, then try to gently raise the whole coil without deforming it too much, take out the cotton and clean only the coil itself. and replace a new cotton and back in.

not an easy task, but if you want to tinker, and really dont have what to do for a couple of hours, that should be a great way to have some fun :slight_smile: for vape nerds only :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yeah… I average about 2-3 weeks… I go thru more with my fruits and bakeries than my nuts and tobaccos… but I think it’s only because I don’t vape the nutty and tobaccos as much as fruits creams and my drinks :slight_smile:

if anyone wants to try this mix with the coils…

Smoky Blue’s Sweet Butternut Pop

Ingredient %
Brulee (Flavorah) 0.40
Caramel (Flavorah) 1.00
Cookie (Flavorah) 0.40
Maple Bar (Flavorah) 0.20
Marshmallow Treat (Flavorah) 0.60
Popcorn (Flavorah) 0.60
Strawberry (Flavorah) 0.60
Toffee (Flavorah) 0.40

Flavor total: 4.2%

If you have the flavors, maybe??
Mine has sat for 2 weeks and I am totally chillaxing on it :smiley:

2 Likes

:slight_smile: yeah, I meant boil out the black icky shit. But reassemble once dry. Day 1 stuff right there.

I already pulled the coil from the nasty stuff. Removed the wick, gauged the ID at 2mm, and figure I need 28ga 316L at 7.5 wraps to reach the right resistance. This should be doable, but I happen to be out of 28 ga wire (for probably 5 years now) so will have to wait. However…

I do have some 30ga. At 4.5 wraps the target should be reached, so I might give that a go at some point. Right now I have rum to drink.

But I definitely see how these could be re-wicked with the proper patience. Not too sure that describes me.

4 Likes

looking like 5.00 for a roll… free shipping…

but I dont know if that will work on the nano with the disk coil platform… let me know what happens :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Please note, the coils wire is a R-NR type. so the bottom part has zero heat. so its not made for DIY your wire. unless you are good in making R-NR type of wire. try to get a hold of the Prewicked wires coils, 15 pcs of it are in the same price as 5 normal ADAv2 coils.

5 Likes

So, is that SS coil with nickel leads? Not sure what we’re discussing here.

4 Likes