Sweetener Opinions

Going to have to dig deep into the recesses of my failing memory, as it’s really NOT happened to me very often, and I have a LOT of flavors. Most times @Timwis I would say yes, and the times not, would be volatile Lemons, or bright citruses, wherein the top sizzle note(s) just disappear. I’m struggling to think of one that stands out, where I’ve had to toss one, and I can’t remember. Funny thing is, I started to “experiment” with putting a few of my heavy used TPA flavors in a fridge, along side my all natural Medicine Flower flavors, and the Medicine Flower’s LOVED the fridge (all natural extracts), and some of my TPA’s (artificial), did NOT like it soo much, some darkened, and a few seemed to LOOSE flavor. Go figure. There you have it Tim, I’ve had MORE loss from fridging artificial flavors, than I’ve had with flavors spoiling, or going past their dates !!!

8 Likes

I didn’t think them being out of date in general would be an issue but it’s good to confirm i have had a bargain! I have vaped 5 year old juice before that tasted better than in date e-liquid so think those BB dates are very conservative!

7 Likes

I pretty much just use CAP Super Sweet or FLAVORAH Sweetness depending on the recipe. For that sugar lips taste you just can’t beat Cap SS IMO.
I haven’t picked up the TPA Super Sweetener yet, but recently got the Sweetener (SC) (FW), and VSO Sweet, not sure on these yet.
I’ve tried Pyure (stevia) but too artificial (Saccharin) taste for me :ok_hand:

6 Likes

I have been tempted to try FLV Sweetness because I have heard that it can help enhance cream flavours which I love but I’m just happy using Capella’s Super Sweet which I add to most of the recipes that I mix at around 0.50%

7 Likes

Is FLV Sweetness E.M based or Suc mate?

6 Likes

I’m right there with you @JimmyLee, and 0.5% SS is about right for me too, (I buy the Cap SS in 100ml size) the FLV Sweetness does lean towards the artificial taste, but is good with creams, or doing an All FLAVORAH recipe it’s essential (duh) but for candies / fruits, Super Sweet for me :ok_hand:

8 Likes

@SmokyBlue.

7 Likes

Would FLV be better with some desserts or would you still tend to opt for CAP mate?

7 Likes

ooops I am falling behind… ty @SessionDrummer

@Timwis it’s more Suc… no em… it’s a special blend… I never push it past .4%
It’d won’t mute flavors, but it can become too much. It won’t dirty up your coils either.

8 Likes

I don’t know much about what it’s actually made up of mate as I’m only going off of what I’ve heard about it on the YouTube mixing show called Developed. Maybe someone here can help answer your question.

7 Likes

I think Sweetness is the only flavor from FLAVORAH that contains sucrose (don’t quote me) and say it works very well in desserts :ok_hand:

8 Likes

I’ve just been beaten too it before I could post my reply, thanks ladies and gentlemen for helping our friend here with their question.

7 Likes

I never ever fridge mine… I have the entire flv collection and yes I have had flavors go bad on me…

Take Rich cinnamon… it has a shelf life of 6mo… it can go longer. at 1.5 yrs, if not sooner, the bottle will “suck in on it’s self” and possible cracks in the nipple, as well as look more like a chocolate milk concoction…

then you have another case of flavor crystals escaping the bottle… if you see evidence of that happening… toss it and buy a new bottle.

Always… for flavor care… shake before use.

7 Likes

I can not spit out the entire recipe for the sweetness, it’s been a while… :slight_smile:

My mouth can tell me I love it… haha!! bout as far as I can say… I can go spells where I want that sweet sticky juice… and then other times, no… :smiley: I hope everything I posted helps… if you need more info… ask!!

7 Likes

To think outside the box for sweetness… most fruits can help… honey… cotton candy and marshmallow…

Adding Frosting… and Sugar orchid… (SO used from .06% {1drop/30ml}) and SO can dub as meringue, as well as a pasty sweet almond.

At least for the Flavorah line… there are other options out there, but please… make sure what you add to your juices are safe for inhalation… just because you can eat sweets, not all sweets are made to snort :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Funny you should mention Cinnamon in your last post and Honey in this, i have just made a Cinnamon and Honey cake if anybody wants a slice!

7 Likes

My shipping addy is… :stuck_out_tongue:

sure pop it up :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I do use Meringue for a touch of sweetness and that glue with some recipes to sort of silently bring the flavours together if you know what i mean?

6 Likes

I do know… I am seriously thinking on toying with some Sugar orchid and Hazelnut…

about 3 drops of each/30ml… makes sweet condensed milk once steeped…

if you add in say milk and honey and a banana… real light… @.4% each… yeah… :rofl:

6 Likes

Help yourself!!!

7 Likes