Sous Vide 101 (and 202, 303)

heating makes a lot of sense actually. VG becomes less viscous, all liquids in the mix become a bit more agitated, and it all blends up a lot faster. Leaving the bottle open while heating would be bad because the more volatile molecules would evaporate faster.

As for other uses, Hazelnut (FW) is always in my morning coffee :slight_smile:

6 Likes

And now that said beans are spilled (and I presume quite homogenized), your doohickey needs a name, so no one insults your engineering prowess by calling it a doohickey, a contraption, or a thingamajig.

5 Likes

So it’s collapsible for easy transport too?

Actually I don’t feel comfortable poking fun, even in jest. It’s a wicked-ass thing you are doing here and you should be lauded, not ridiculed!!

5 Likes

Is your Mixomatic going to incorporate the heating element as well, or will this be able to work with the juice bottle in the SV container, albeit not fully submerged?

3 Likes

MrPipes, the Patron Saint of DIY mixing. Love it, man, love it.

5 Likes

Well, my preference has always been to mix what I need when I need it. So I would completely adore having a means that would allow me to have all the juice I want, ready to vape at the time I mix it. I have always loathed, and still do, making juice and having to hide it for weeks before I can even test it much less vape it. And the same for known good recipes. I want them now, not later.

And as I’ve said, I also do far less creating and testing because it’s a simple matter of annoyance and impatience, I cannot state enough times how much I despise waiting for a sample of a new recipe. Hell, I usually get tired of waiting and end up resenting the recipe by the time it is “steeped”. So in that respect, you bet I’ll be praying to you on Sundays.

6 Likes

This thread is awesome. I have been heating my VG and sometimes PG together since soon after I started mixing. Sometimes I would heat the flavorings with it and I saw a benefit in it. Many flavorings were developed long before vaping and get baked, boiled or otherwise heated far beyond what we would do for mixing. There might be some delicate flavors that get damaged by heat sure, but to suggest they all do is ridiculous. I used to laugh, shake my head or sometimes get irritated seeing people get chastised, lectured or told how wrong they were for suggesting heat as an alternative. I am one of those curious bastards that questions everything. The more someone says that what they say is gospel, the more I will try to find a different way. I know damn well most of the commercial juice companies don’t let juice sit around and steep for 30 or 60 days. You guys are the best!

7 Likes

The problem with the Pocket Fisherman is…
You’re more likely to catch walnuts, or pecans, or some other kind of nuts long before you’ll ever make it to the docks. =x

5 Likes

Ron Popeil was a genius!

6 Likes

You’re damn right he was.

4 Likes

We should probably both be slapped for posting this nonsense in a quality content thread… But I’m going to blame you for starting it (yeah. Real mature I know. But, given the drift content…) :laughing:

4 Likes

Ya know if ya need test subjects for this mixomatic idea I’m only a couple hours south, right lol

6 Likes

I’ll preorder now.

6 Likes

Sorry buddy he said people :rofl:

7 Likes

Well, I never! I’m gonna go pet my pony.

8 Likes

We have to do better than Mixomatic. All this Ronco stuff is just too kitchy and detracts from the awesomeosity of this gizmo.

And while it’s nearly certain @anon96069639 has already named and applied for the patent of this whizometer, we should nonetheless attempt to derive a good name for it anyway.

JuiceNow
The Miscler
uVape
DIY Juice Factory
The Rosetta Swirl

4 Likes

The Time Machine?

5 Likes

@anon96069639 Sign me up too! I want one! Me! Over here!

You got a pony when you were 8 years old… you ate it.

@anon96380778 I propose;

MixMaster 5000
Ready Mix
Mixomatic
Mr. Mixer
Mix Buster

6 Likes

Honest to God, I am laughing out loud. Momma Ogre still reminds me of that from time to time.

7 Likes

I thought “pet my pony” was the ogre version of choke my chicken lol…ogres are large creatures after all lol

7 Likes