Something A Bit Different!

RD2 - Volcano! Open chamber design en-route from Romania!

10 Likes

Interesting. Is that little hole the only airflow inlet? Looks like it will be quite restricted if it is.

7 Likes

Airflow does adjust so don’t know until I receive it exactly but this is from an old school modder so will be suitable for MTL/RDL!

7 Likes

Wow, that‘s an interesting design. What is it, 24-25 mm, and where‘s the chamber?

6 Likes

25mm and it’s an open chamber design! I believe the deck section removes and can be put on a special coiling rig (I assume supplied) to make doing the build easy and then attach back to the atomiser!

5 Likes

IMG_3727
IMG_3739
IMG_3746

And no idea?

IMG_3748

5 Likes

That white tool looks like the round bit goes over something so you can grip it better to turn when you hold the other ends together.

Have you tried it yet? What’s it like?

5 Likes

Is that a drill bit !!!

6 Likes

It does look like one! Someone suggested it might be to help do a vertical build!

6 Likes

Good shout, I have seen a video of the build being done with the posts section removed but there was also mention of a build rig which isn’t present!

I hope to have some time tomorrow to fully get my head around it!

5 Likes

IMG_3758
IMG_3762
IMG_3766
IMG_3772
IMG_3787

6 Likes

IMG_3791
IMG_3809
IMG_3800
IMG_3803

5 Likes

IMG_3822

7 Likes

It does look like a drill bit lol.

How’s the flavour?

5 Likes

It is a drill bit customised for the job! Flavour is great with tobaccos, airflow not as silky smooth as with my very best RTA’s but still gives a great restricted vape!

5 Likes

@Timwis I wish I could zoom in on a couple of those pics, and that sure DOES look like a drill bit. That is just for centering the coil ?

5 Likes

It is a drill bit but the key is that band that is around it! When the smooth end of the drill bit is slotted into the bottom section you wrap the coil around the protruding smooth bit up to that band which gives the perfect height! You also leave the drill bit in position when wrapping the cotton because it enables the cotton to be wrapped tight against the coil while the coil keeps it’s form also it means the cotton doesn’t go above the coil which can cause some e-liquid into the airflow!

A horizontal build is much simpler and the drill bit isn’t needed!

6 Likes

I did nothing apart from it’s just been sitting for some hours but that airflow has now really smoothed out, this is impressing me the more I vape it!

I also love the open chamber aesthetics with the thick vapor left lingering in the top of the glass, it looks just like an Irish coffee with thick cream up top!

7 Likes

It looks and feels from the outside like glass but it’s actually plexiglass which doesn’t have the same cracking issues as most plastic tanks but isn’t going to smash if dropped, also when that vapour clears it leaves no condensation on the inside!

6 Likes

Hehe…I saw a miniature mug of beer, with a good head of foam :smile:

6 Likes