Simple Beginner Recipes

I’m approaching my 2 year cig free mark and looking back it occurs to me that I would have had a much easier time had I not jumped on the “top rated” recipe (competitive) nonsense and instead found flavor products that were simple and easy to work with. For example, I found a zillion recipes that contained Cap VC1 and numerous strawberry mixes only to find that I can’t tolerate Cap VC1 even at 1% and “strawberry” flavor was from nonexistent to like taking a drink of water from a river next to a chemical factory or fracking area. But when you have 4 or 5 other flavors, its very hard to tell the offending one.

I tried other “top rated” mixes that I now know were developed for outdated and very different devices which to me are waaaayyy over flavored. I spent my first month vaping unflavored mixes with pretty high nic levels while I went down the rabbit hole of buying what are now more than 300 flavors and doing single flavor tests. I also focused on methodology which I’ve already written a ton about.

So my idea for this thread is to list simple flavor pairings that may or may not be the be all end all recipes but nonetheless will help the beginning DIYer satisfy their cravings while they dive in to more complex mixing.

I’m also noticing a trend with some flavor companies where their products are fairly complex which can really help as long as the beginner keeps it simple. Nicotine River’s house mixes are a good example. Wonder Flavors also makes some complex flavors that make things simple to find the right % and mix well with anything else you might like try.

I’ve posted one such mix which is about as simple as could be. 3.5% NR Kilanca with 3% Flavorah Vanilla Custard. But believe it or not I went through several iterations before settling on this. FLV VC to me was the flavor that put it over the top.That’s it, and to my taste buds needs nothing else.

8 Likes

5.5% root beer, 7.5% vanilla ice cream, both from liquid barn. Reminds me of a root beer float made with Barq’s root beer, which is my favorite lol

5 Likes

I know that mix is very good lol. When I first started my first attempts were to find a good root beer vape and I went through a shit ton of mixes and brands. IMO things like this can get a new mixer going better than anything else I know of.

4 Likes

This is a good idea for a thread, and there are lots of easy two ingredient recipes and even some single flavors that are good to vape. I will vape inw creme brûlée by itself at 3 or 4 percent, or mix it with inw custard at 2% and 3%, those percents can be swapped too for a slight profile change. I like flavor revolution grape candy at 2% by itself, tastes just like a grape sucker. I know I have some others that are simple, just gotta get home and look them up.

5 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: How can I get started with mixing my own e-liquid

A couple of really simple mixes I enjoy are…

AND

5 Likes

This Root Beer one is less creamy than the float versions, but it pops and tastes like root beer barrel candy.

RootinTootin

2.00% French Vanilla (TPA)
2.50% Root Beer (CAP)
6.00% Root Beer (TPA)

Flavor total: 10.5%

5 Likes

Modeled after Jolly Ranchers, but since I don’t use sweeteners I’m sure it isn’t as potent as the real thing. In mine I do add one drop of TFA Maraschino Cherry, but not everyone likes that. Yes, one single drop. To me it adds a little somethin’-somethin’ that makes it better and makes up for the lack of sweetener.

JR Apple

6.00% Apple Candy (TPA)
1.50% Sour (HV)

Flavor total: 7.5%

6 Likes

Here is another that I really like and one of the few that I mix standalone. Purilum Ambrosia.

Checking food recipes shows that Ambrosia is a fruit salad made with pineapple, mandarin oranges or orange sections, marshmallows, and coconut. Other ingredients can include maraschino cherries, bananas, strawberries, peeled grapes, or crushed pecans and whipped cream.

I get pineapple, orange, marshmallow, coconut, and whipped cream from this with maybe a faint hint of nut and what I think is FA vanilla Tahiti with that slight cherry note. Single flavor or not, this is a complex blend. Think of the time that it would take to develop this on your own. I use this normally at 8% but have mixed it at 10. Freakin delicious. I always have a bottle of this mixed.

5 Likes

Fun fact!

In the ancient Greek myths, ambrosia (/æmˈbroʊʒə/, Greek: ἀμβροσία, “immortality”) is sometimes the food or drink of the Greek gods, often depicted as conferring longevity or immortality upon whoever consumed it. It was brought to the gods in Olympus by doves.

5 Likes