SessionDrummer's review of SteamCrave's Plus v.2 Advanced Kit and Squonk Backpack

Now you’re just willy waving :rofl:

8 Likes

krikey it doubles as a security baton

8 Likes

Or a light saber :nerd_face::joy:

6 Likes

Hi @SirVapesalot and welcome to VC

6 Likes

thanks G-fog
Great to be around such mixing royalty.
A veritable wealth of DIY knowledge and fun witty people to boot.
The site looks great

7 Likes

Right, I’ve had it for a week now and aside from the last few days, where I’ve been working and as much as I’d like to I decided against taking it to work on account of it size and in case it takes a knock!! :scream: I’m no reviewer but, other than a few niggles and learning curves, I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve either nearly forgotten to close the juice flow or forgotten to open it back up after filling :flushed: thankfully to no real tragedy but i kick myself every time lol!
Like I say there are a few niggles which I’ll get to… but I cant really find any fault with it, general maintenance such as re-wicking is an absolute breeze, I still haven’t tried the mesh deck but i should imagine if whim took me i could just drop out the coil deck and whack in the mesh deck and even drip a different flavour using it as an rda. Genius bit of design! Like I say I can’t find fault and have missed not using it the last couple of days :sleepy: and although it’s not a deal breaker the top fill cap is a bit of a pain, I understand that its got that big a thread fo the extension to fit snug and not come off but it does take forever to unscrew lol! And the washer in the top cap has fallen out a couple of times when refilling, easy enough to pop back in but slightly irritating all the same. Other than that I could not be happier brilliant bit of kit full of flavour and clouds galore!! :grin:

5 Likes

@MrMattUK I appreciate you taking the time to not only mention the niggles, but the other details as well. As far as the top cap ring, I haven’t had that happen yet, BUT, that’s PROBABLY because I’m mad squonking this thing. Thank you for taking the time to post up.

3 Likes

Hahah you still running the tank and squonk at the same time? :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

OK, ok, I DID take the glass out, but there’s just something SIMPLE about having 15ml just sitting there, waiting to be pumped in, at a 0.4ml rate.

3 Likes

Nice! Had to ask I haven’t met many totally sane drummers :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Fabulous review and some amazing devices! That has got to be an ass kicking combo!!

5 Likes

Thank you very much @SmilingOgre. I was afraid by crossing the particle streams, and squonking WITH a filled tank might cause issues, but, hehe, you CAN fill and tank, and squonk at the same time !!!

3 Likes

Absolutely amazing! What a beast!

4 Likes

Well, I AM shopping around for a small cart to tug boat it around @SmilingOgre

5 Likes

For those who may be interested, Steam Crave have now released the upgraded firmware for the Hadron YiHi chip.

3 Likes

Hadron 220 new firmware version SX490_20200801

This is for TC and misfire improvement

Firmware upgrade:

1. Download driver from Yihi website 📷http://yihisxmini.com/support/000003002003.html
    File name: SXi-v📷2.8.6.6-Setup-20180611-1445-English
    Install it in your PC and then click Connection to install Driver

2. Download latest firmware in our website 📷https://shop.steamcrave.com/hadron220_p1010.html

3. Turn off and remove battery out of device

4. Remove your atty from device

5. Connect USB cable to PC

6. Open SXi - Upgrade - Open file - upgrade

5 Likes

IIRC @Mjag was waiting for this! :wink:

4 Likes

Yes he was, I did send it to him though :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks a lot @Tworrs, I’ll have to get on this too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t have any other Yihi chipped mods to compare this update to, so would appreciate some feedback on it.

5 Likes