SessionDrummer's review of SteamCrave's Plus v.2 Advanced Kit and Squonk Backpack

Roger that @Tworrs.

3 Likes

I did refrain from installing it last night, well the Tylenol PM I took prior to getting your message won I should say :laughing:

I have other Yihi mods to compare for TC but will probably just use the G Class as a reference. Unfortunately, I am already running late for the day but will install it tonight when I get home.

Dang, should try to do the update before I head out the door, just not sure if the Hadron with backpack will fit in my cup holder…sigh

4 Likes

Right off the bat I tried a profile RDA with a OFRF SS316L mesh, first with the firmware I already had on it…Choppy TC I was expecting and right after with the new firmware…Smooth so a definite improvement thus far. The SC website only shows the last firmware, Maggy posted the new one on the SCFB page that you linked to so that is what I installed. I can email it to anyone who needs it if they don’t have FB.

Thanks brother :+1: Won’t have a chance to take it with me today but plan on messin with it more tonight.

5 Likes

Just a quick comparison of the new firmware on the Hadron compared to the SXmini G Class. I just got the Boaz RDA from AVS today and they included a set of the SS316L Oct-core Clapton’s 3.5mm. Locked the ohms on both, Hadron read 0.14 ohms and the G Class read 0.145 ohms, pretty much the same. Performance is very close, the Hadron just being a little anemic in comparison, had to raise the temp to 440F compared to 430F on the G Class to get a closer match.

The best part…no more choppy rattlesnake effect when the juice starts drying up, can vape the coil dry and smooth all the way down. That was my biggest complaint, I can’t stand a choppy vape and Steamcrave came through, I hope Dovpo follows suit with the Topside Carbon but not holding my breath on that one.

Thank you @Tworrs, your a legend my friend :grin:

4 Likes

I’m just happy that they managed to get something acceptable out.
I also found it a little anemic compared to a DNA, however by increasing the power level to Powerful+ it was pretty damn close, as to not really be discernible.
I also tested it with a fresh wick and no liquid and no browning of the cotton, win.

3 Likes

Mite be a dumb question but if I bought the v2 non advanced edition then bought the mesh deck would that be the exact same as buying the advanced kit?

Found the regular kit for really cheap on clearance so it would save some $$$ if the above is accurate

Yes @Gsnap you will be ALL SET !!!

From ElementVape…

Includes - Basic Kit:

• 1 Aromamizer Plus RDTA
  • 1 8mL Replacement Glass
  • 1 Spare Parts Bag
  • 1 Allen Key
  • 1 Manual
  • 1 Steam Crave Sticker

Includes - Advanced Kit:

• 1 Aromamizer PLUS RDTA
  • 1 8mL Extension
  • 1 6mm Chimney Reducer
  • 1 Spare Parts Bag
  • 1 Allen Key
  • 1 Manual
  • 1 SteamCrave Sticker
  • 1 Mesh Deck Kit
2 Likes

Ok, awesome thank you @SessionDrummer a fine outstanding man at least on the forums :rofl::rofl::rofl:.

Time to join the Steamcrave cool people :raising_hand_man:

2 Likes

You WILL NOT be sorry. AT ALL. Seriously. I mean it. Trust me.

1 Like

This is all your fault, I blame you for all of my steamcrave gear.

2 Likes

What RDA is that? Looks right on that mod.

2 Likes

Hehe, thank you @Gsnap. I’d LOVE to love that, but …

You’ve reached the maximum number of likes. Please wait 27 minutes before trying again.

#TeamSteam

1 Like

Thanks, it’s the steamcrave glaz RDA with the stainless top

Edit, it read like I was a right wanker

Sorry @WickedFog.

2 Likes

I can carry that freight !!!

1 Like

I’m not mad about it, I just have too buy at least two of everything.

1 Like

I am DOWN with that. EVEN numbers are much easier to add up !!!

1 Like

Just for you @WickedFog

2 Likes

Cool. Thanks. Just have to find it in stock now.

1 Like

Good luck, I’ll see if I can help.

1 Like

I am not in a big hurry. Going to grab another Hadron in a couple weeks. I will be looking for one then probably. I saw that on the Steamcrave site, but it is in RTA form.

1 Like