Question maybe?

A friends wife is using hemp oil with THC and finding it very therapeutic. She is using a pen that comes with sealed pods that have a 510 connector. The pens are really crap and don’t hold a charge. I gave them a small mod that went down to one watt and it burned the oil. I know nothing about buying such oils and wonder if there is any way to buy the oil and vape it via a conventional mod. I looked over the rules and found nothing prohibiting this conversation however if I am in error please advise and accept my apologies. I am totally in the dark on this one. I really need help with all aspects. Where to buy, how to buy, power, voltage, temperature settings, atomizer recommendations etc. Sorry for dropping such a monkey on everyone’s back but I’m clueless. Google searches are daunting. Michigan recently legalized marijuana use so I anticipate this questioned practice is legal.

5 Likes

Thank you my friend, but at present I’m not entirely sure I can even source hemp oil with THC outside of a sealed pod. I’ve got somewhere around 70 mods sitting on the shelf and a tin full of sub tanks that came with kits and I surely don’t use them all. I am a little befuddled as to why the oil burnt at one watt. I need to look into that a little further as well. They have an adult son that vapes and is guiding them through using devices but he is not the top bulb on the Christmas tree if you get my drift. Appreciate your input regardless. I don’t get the difference between with or without THC per vape temp either.

The plot thickens!!!

5 Likes

I do make my own thc oil, not so much cbd. CBD I only take orally ( drip under my tongue). I use my voopoo drag with oil cartridges. Normally thc carts go for 30.00 - 40.00$ per .5 ML , that would get pretty expensive filling a 3,4,5 ml tank. I have use a pod system the suorin vagon and it worked great. Better than the pen. It pretty much vapes like any other vape maybe not as dense but it’s the cost of it that makes the difference . They use like 200 or 400 pg/vg . I buy premixed liquidizer with terps . Not sure why it’s burning at 1w , mine is usually at 2.5 or 3w. Hope that made sense or helped :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

When you say it burned the oil, do you mean the oil turned black? Because there could be a couple reasons for that . Dirty oil, not winterized properly, not properly purged and cheap oil carts from China are the worst. Try to avoid them . If it’s not winterized you will get fats and carbs in your oil that can clog up your coil and will taste burnt.

3 Likes

Edibles dont taste the greatest either in my opinion. I prefer drops under the tongue, barely taste it. Couple drops and I’m good for the day.

4 Likes

I came share a link if you would like. My wife has done a lot of research on cbd and bio care is one of the best out there. It’s not cheap but it’s good! Don’t waste your time on cheap cbd it’s junk I promise lol . My wife sells it in her salon and people love it. My whole family is on it. I don’t want you to think I’m trying to sell you, just giving my honest opinion.

4 Likes

The original is a little earthy but not bad at all, they have a mint flavor the I prefer

3 Likes

Oh and there cbd pain cream is the shit too! Amazing!!

3 Likes

Hey if it works stay on it👍 Same kind of story, a older man with really bad arthritis in his knees came into my wife’s shop and was complaining about pain so my wife offered him her pain cream. I gentlemen went to the bathroom to apply some and came out without his cane and was over the moon how good he felt afterwards! The stuff is magic I’m telling ya lol ( Cbd in general )

3 Likes

I don’t know what you can get where you live, but there’s an excellent tutorial about making your own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z58FiH87-6w

I have no idea about vaping it. What @anon96069639 says sounds reasonable, I don’t think there would be any difference vaping CBD or THC either.

2 Likes

They are using a closed atomizer system. The atomizer comes filled with the oil and you toss it when the oil runs out. It does have a 510 connector. I have no idea if it turned color, they did not talk about that. Just that it tasted terribly burnt. I doubt it has anything to do with winterizing as it was an atomizer she was using with the pen.

Groove! I share this with my friends but I honestly doubt they would be willing to make their own. Not that kind of folks.

1 Like

It could just be a bad cartridge. Idk Maybe take a blunt tip needle and suck it out and try putting it in something else. Or you can buy empty cartridges and refill it but I have no issues using my mod.

I think from what I’m reading and understanding I am going to advise her to simply smoke pot. Given the cost and complexity involved and given that she only uses less than the equivalent of one cigarette per day, I think it would be low risk while still beneficial.

4 Likes

I’m going to try to talk to them about that but I don’t know just how much they want me involved. I get the sense there’s some “taboo” in their heads about this.

2 Likes

It still freaks people out. Some are afraid of what others will say and some have been undercover for so long that’s just how they are lol … Crazy world we live in…

1 Like

They make dry herd vaporizers as well. Great options imo

2 Likes

The Gooberment did a great job of demonizing both pot and cigarettes and many folks will never recover from that brainwashing. I maintain any of these substances can be used in amounts that are innocuous to the body. Unfortunately, that’s not me. A case a day or nothing. Two packs a day or nothing. An OZ a day or nothing. And so I vape. Ya, probably 20 mills a day or so, but the risk is not there. All good.

4 Likes

You’re absolutely right! Cannabis has been a natural med for thousands of years. Proven benefits! Now read the label on prescription drugs and the side affects :flushed: I could rant but I won’t lol. Good for you for noticing your habits! That’s not easy sometimes! Cheers!!

3 Likes

It’s all therapeutic in one way or another really just depends on what your wanting to treat. Cbd is good for anxiety. Like you said some stains of cannabis can cause anxiety. They have quite a few hybrid strain which are high in cbd for those sensitive to thc. A couple puffs and you wouldn’t have that anxiety tension. Would be perfect for you. Leafly is a great place to research all this stuff. Lots of info, if you’re interested.

5 Likes