QP Fatality M25

Is there any way to remove the build deck from this to get access to clean out inside where the afc rings are?

3 Likes

Getting close to just throwing this tank in the bin, its annoying me so much. Done 2 builds on it previously and both leaked everywhere. I’ve watched the qp video about the leaking issues, followed the instructions, rebuilt, and again, covered in juice. Not had anything like this shit with any other rta. It’s just getting silly now.

3 Likes

Geez Andrew, that sucks! I load both of mine time after time, and they just work. I don’t recall if you’ve posted about your method with the M25, but I’d be happy to work with you to get it sorted.

3 Likes

Nothing really different to any other build. I thin the cotton out a bit more than usual and cut the sides a bit because the wicking channels are so small and I don’t want to over pack them. I close the jfc while filling and within minutes of opening it to vape it starts dumping all the juice from the bottom air flow holes.

3 Likes

If it’s not the wicking could be a missing or damaged o-ring!

4 Likes

I guess that’s worth checking now after the 3 disastrous attempts at getting a build done. I’ll check the video again now and make sure they are all there. Thanks for the suggestion.

4 Likes

Probably isn’t but it is a cause of leaking, if it is the culprit could be absolutely anywhere that would compromise the air seal of the tank so mainly glass and top-cap!

4 Likes

Well, I could have sworn this was there before…

4 Likes

Probably shouldn’t have assumed they’d all be there because it was new and not skipped the part of the video about o-rings :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Reading some of the comments on the video, it seems like this o-ring falling out is quite common. Now I know I’ll keep an eye on it whenever I remove the top cap. Hopefully this will fix the leaking and I can actually get to use this tank.

4 Likes

Hah! I knew it was in there before. I just found the missing o-ring on the floor under my desk so it must have fallen out not long ago while I was trying to rebuild for the 3rd time as I hoovered up today so it can’t have been there from last time. The plot thickens! Gonna try another build. Got my arm-bands on standby.

4 Likes

I bet it was there but the very first time you opened the top cap it stuck to the top of the glass and pinged off, it’s quite common for the dry (before a tanks use) o-ring to stick to the rim of the glass dislodging it from where it should stay! You probably just hoover like me!

4 Likes

I’m hoping that’s the case. If it dumps juice all over me again it’s going in the bin lol

4 Likes

Well, so far so good. After filling and opening the jfc I actually saw the tell-tale bubbles rising to show it was wicking properly. Haven’t even seen that before now with this tank. Been vaping on it for 5mins or so and the it’s still bone dry inside the bottom chamber, which is about 4mins 50secs more than any other time so fingers crossed it was all down to that little o-ring.

Some epic flavour coming outa this thing now.

Cheers Tim!

5 Likes

No worries, because you have been messing with the wicking because that was the number one candidate for causing the leaking, it’s possible that still might need reversing if you get some leaking when leaving standing!

4 Likes

I redid the whole build. Made some lovely new coils which I wish I’d took a pic of, it was probably the neatest build I’ve done so far. Stuck fresh cotton in there and re-wicked. All still fine so far. I’m usualy swimming in juice by this point… :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

The m25 was a pretty decent tank, had a couple and enjoyed them before I switched to 22mm flavour atomizers, RBAs and RSAs…

If you want a half decent single coil that’s 24, the Taifun GT4 is pretty nice if you want to get spendy, but for me the Gata by QP hits the spot, just lacks the capacity.

5 Likes

The GT4 is 25mm, and the GT4S is 23mm. IMHO it’s better than half decent. YMMV :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Well this was sat all night with the jfc and afc rings fully open and its still bone dry. It looks like it’s been that o-ring all along…

6 Likes

This might be a thing other than in the UK or there is a chance some might not have a clue what we are on about! Hoover was such a popular brand of Vacuum cleaner people started saying they where hoovering or they hoovered rather than vacuumed and it just stuck to the point that theses days people still use the term even if they have never owned an hoover and actually think a vacuum cleaner and hoover are just different names for the same thing rather than Hoover just being a brand, most probably don’t give a s88t and stopped reading this after the first sentence! :sunglasses:

4 Likes