[POLL] Recipes.. What kind of person are you?

• I made it, itā€™s mine, credit me if you even mention it
  • I made it, itā€™s public, I share, no need for credit
  • I donā€™t care about anything

0 voters

2 Likes

Seriously, I donā€™t care either way. I ā€˜shareā€™ no recipes, I just post a few here and there in threads once in a while. If someone likes it enough to make it their own, great, Iā€™m flattered I guess. But as far as intellectual property- if I cared that much I would never publish anything anywhere. Get something out in the public domain, and itā€™s feeding the sharks in my opinion.

8 Likes

I agree, I donā€™t think we need to show an ā€œoriginal recipe byā€ on the recipe side, I wonder what others think about this.

@woftam @Eddie @Sprkslfly @Lolly @Mjag @Jim22

8 Likes

I agree with that. I donā€™t mind that ā€œadapted byā€ thing on ELR but at the same time, I donā€™t think itā€™s needed. I know that can get controversial if someone is claiming that a straight up adaptation is an original, but anyone with a little ambition can find the date stamps to show which version was first. Of course, I guess I have that opinion because I donā€™t care what happens to any recipe I chose to publish. I know there are some folks who are highly protective of their creations.

5 Likes

Usually if I make a recipe public itā€™s because itā€™s done being modified and if someone has the stuff to make it then maybe they will, but I have some strange flavors I lean heavily on lol Iā€™m not worried about my recipes being ā€œstolenā€, they probably arenā€™t that good anyway lol. If someone takes one of my public recipes and uses it for profit without crediting me then they are a shitty person, but thatā€™s on them not me, I could give a shit personally lol.

9 Likes

I probably should have mentioned thatā€™s the reason I donā€™t share mine. Maybe I should, so better mixers could adapt them and fix them up right. Maybe 20% Maraschino Cherry canā€™t be fixed though. :eyes:

8 Likes

How original are all those cheesecake, strawberry creations floating around anyway?
People use combinations of various flavours like they do in cooking. I donā€™t really get what the big deal is with all those people having their knickers in a twist about someone stealing their recipe.

7 Likes

So far Iā€™m not as alone on this as I figured I would be, at least judging by some of the threads over there Iā€™ve read with ass-aching about recipes being stolen.

4 Likes

They were really getting up my tits along with the crying about ā€˜someone just one starred my recipeā€™ BS. :face_vomiting:

7 Likes

Off-topic and inappropriate, and I apologize. But I love it when women say things like that. It just isnā€™t the same when Grubby says it.

6 Likes

But you donā€™t know how big his tits are compared to mine :laughing:

8 Likes

But when I PM the photosā€¦ No problemā€¦ I seeā€¦

7 Likes

I just said it was more, well, reactionary when she says it. Youā€™re hot, donā€™t worry.

7 Likes

People seem to forget what the purpose of a rating system is, it is not meant to make people feel good about themselves, itā€™s to help new mixers find recipes that most people enjoy. I have several recipes that I love, and everyone i know that Vapes thinks they taste disgusting lol, but Iā€™m not mixing for them. If someone makes 5 recipes that are well rated and hates all of them they might go back to cigs, or at the very least go back to commercial juice, both are terrible options lol.

8 Likes

Thats why I went with an upvote system, 1 vote per person per recipe, no downvotes, if you donā€™t like it donā€™t upvote it.

8 Likes

I like that. Removes all the petty bitterness and spite. So no stars, just a listing of folks who liked it?

7 Likes

Smart system

7 Likes

I get a lot of my percentages from other mixers. So I would feel like a juice bag by telling anyone they couldnā€™t use or adapt my recipes. Theyā€™re public, do with what may (I think thatā€™s how it goes) or even better do what you want with itā€¦ write it down, take a picture IDGAFrickorfrack.

6 Likes

You forgot one:

I made it, itā€™s not perfect, and Iā€™m not sharing it until itā€™s perfect, which is looking more like ā€œalmost neverā€ because I keep having to buy and try flavors which delays working on the damned thing in the first place, because thereā€™s too many flavors I still havenā€™t tried in trying to make this mix EXACTLY the way I want it!! /whew

Or TLDR, Iā€™m just enjoying the journey. :laughing:
ā€œIā€™ll worry about it laterā€ :wink:

Holy fuck thereā€™s just too many options sometimes. And honestly, the ā€œhitsā€ are hard to find among so many misses (SF wise). And Iā€™m not even talking about complex flavors. Just a solid offering of it being what it says it is on the tin FFS!

7 Likes

As for the whole ā€œoriginal byā€ vs ā€œadapted fromā€ bitā€¦ I really like the adapted by method. Simply because

A. It gives a nod to the creator (of whatever combination that inspired you).

B. Itā€™s a wonderful way for those with shitty memories to recall ā€œok, now when/where the fuck did I manage to come up with this?ā€

C. Itā€™s a wonderfully simple way to find other mixers who might be in line with either your flavor profile, vaping style, or percentages! And those can be lovely tools to latch onto, once you have enough traction and experience under your belt to be able to identify the types at a glance.

These are all JMHO of course, but itā€™s been my experience, and part of how Iā€™ve made use of their system/database over the last couple years. :wink:

8 Likes