Pina Colada help please!

Yep, think my taste buds might be damaged because that’s exactly what I do, some of your recipes that come in at 1 - 2% in total I struggle to taste anything but increase all flavourings to keep the same balance and then they become lush!

7 Likes

I think my tastebuds are pretty dead tbh. I’ve just eaten a rhubarb yoghurt and literally couldn’t taste the rhubarb at all.

I’ve currently got 4 different recipes on the go and when I vape one, after one or two puffs, I can’t taste it anymore so I switch to the next one, take a couple of puffs, then can’t taste it again. This happens with every recipe.

This hasn’t always been the case. When I started vaping, everything tasted awesome. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

FLV are strong I just don’t find them to that extreme, yes a few literally only one or two drops are needed but these 1% total flavourings recipes for example I taste absolutely nothing!

6 Likes

But when you first started vaping was you mixing recipes at ridiculously low %'s lol!

6 Likes

No, but when I started mixing the low % flv recipes, I had no problem tasting them. I still taste them now, just not for long.

5 Likes

Yeah your words lol “one or two puffs” what’s the point of that! :man_shrugging: before “everything tasted awesome”!

5 Likes

Not getting your point

3 Likes

You said you vaped a few years back…experience the same thing then, Andrew? I seem to remember something like you’re dealing with, quite awhile back, but just kept changing to flavors I COULD taste, and powered through it. All good now!

6 Likes

When I started vaping, everything tasted fine, all the time.

Now things taste fine for a couple of puffs, then I can’t taste them anymore.

3 Likes

Yeah but back then I was using some shitty vape pen thingy with commercial juice and I stopped using it after a couple of weeks or so.
I just used it to quit smoking, which it did. Then I quit the vaping too.

I started smoking again roughly 4 years after that for a few years then started vaping again last year.

So really I wouldn’t even count the first bout of vaping really.

5 Likes

I’m certainly no scientist, but our brain’s process the flavor that we send to it, via our olfactory/taste buds system. I have NO idea if that’s correct, but my point is…you have been a vaping madman lately, yes? All kind’s of different recipes/flavorings? Maybe it’s just a sensory overload type situation. And, yes, I’ll mention, once again…brushing teeth/tongue help’s me when I notice flavor fatigue. :wink:

6 Likes

Yes and yes. I’ve tried mouthwash, brushing my tongue and drinking water, none of these made any difference.

6 Likes

I would agree FLV are the strongest but in my experience their strength seem over egged! Fair enough juice manufacturers will use several brands in their e-liquids but they typically mix at 20% total flavourings and worth noting all but a very small % of FLV business is supplying those juice manufacturers. So am I saying FLV should be mixed at 20%, of course not as those juices will also include weaker flavourings but I am not going to pretend I can taste these 1% total flavour recipes if I can’t!

6 Likes

I’ll do a mix tomorrow of something I know and double the % and see what difference it makes. Worst case scenario, I use a bit more flavour. Small price to pay.

6 Likes

How much water? Drink more! Like have a bottle with you all day long! Drain…Refill…Repeat! :wink:

6 Likes

I would be happy to do that if water wasn’t so… tasteless and boring lol. Usually the only water I drink is in my coffee on a morning.

4 Likes

Yeah Red Wine would be better, lol! :rofl:

5 Likes

Try it for a few day’s…truussttt me, it’ll make a difference! LOL

5 Likes

Wow @SmokyBlue you pop back in and already dropping wise words !!!

4 Likes

It could be that your sense of smell and taste (and equipment) have improved a lot and you are now overpowering them with too much flavour. The fact that you get flavour for the first couple of hits is a good indication of this. I would suggest trying one that you get flavour for the first couple of hits and dilute it down a little and see if that helps - it may not but it is another avenue of investigation.

6 Likes