Pina Colada help please!

How much water? Drink more! Like have a bottle with you all day long! Drain…Refill…Repeat! :wink:

6 Likes

I would be happy to do that if water wasn’t so… tasteless and boring lol. Usually the only water I drink is in my coffee on a morning.

4 Likes

Yeah Red Wine would be better, lol! :rofl:

5 Likes

Try it for a few day’s…truussttt me, it’ll make a difference! LOL

5 Likes

Wow @SmokyBlue you pop back in and already dropping wise words !!!

4 Likes

It could be that your sense of smell and taste (and equipment) have improved a lot and you are now overpowering them with too much flavour. The fact that you get flavour for the first couple of hits is a good indication of this. I would suggest trying one that you get flavour for the first couple of hits and dilute it down a little and see if that helps - it may not but it is another avenue of investigation.

6 Likes

I am in exactly the same boat as you are @Timwis and have stopped mixing these ultra low percentage recipes, even with these 4-6% total recipes the flavour is very faint and what little I do taste just isn’t saturated enough to satisfy me. My tastebuds seem to get on better with recipes using a mixture of flavour houses with a total percentage at around the 10-12% mark. I think at the end of the day we just have to accept that we are all different and taste things differently.

6 Likes

Yeah, some of @SmokyBlue recipes are awesome I just find for me I have to increase all %'s while maintaining their balance to appreciate them!

6 Likes

This… :slight_smile:

Our Woftam is right on the dot!

Over flavoring is a thing… and the best solution is to try flavors… I dont care what brand… from lowest and raise it up until you can taste it…

Flavors react, the more you add the more the compounds in flavors behave. some can kill off others, some can enhance… depends on the mix. You can push flavors so high that… the best example is tasting from the start, and then nothing…

Even cinnamon or other spices, can kill taste buds :slight_smile:

Just something to think on :slight_smile: is all…

the next thing is vaping the same flavor “profiles” like strawberry for over extended times… eventually you get flavor burn out… this is why it’s suggested to change up your recipes… :slight_smile: vape something different, in fact, complete opposite…

5 Likes

Yeah, I vaped exclusively your Big Redd recipe with anise added, since I messaged you about it a month or two ago. Tastebuds have now experienced death by rich cinnamon!

3 Likes

it happens!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

10/10 …

3 Likes

Tim, the easiest way to do that is to make a stone. Let’s say they all add up to 5% flavoring. Most calculators will let you make that in say 10/30/ whatever ml’s you want. So normally you’d use the premix of flavors only at 5% in your whatever size mix. But if you want everything double as strong you’d mix that stone at 10% as an example. Everything stays in sync

Sorry man I just can’t buy that. The % of any individual flavoring has its own sweet spot. Now having said that, it’s much easier mixing a bunch of ultras together. I find my highest % of any Flavorah I use is less than 2% when mixed with your regular Cap, TFA, FA, etc.

Man, I’m very sensitive to cinnamon

4 Likes

In the UK we have a lot of manufacturers that just sell the ready mixed flavourings, places like Darkstar for example and you mix them at 20%, I also have bought from Croatia (journey is the manufacturer) what they call long fills rather than shortfills where you get like a 100ml bottle but it just has the flavourings in the bottle and you add the PG, VG and nic to make it up to 100ml and yet again all these long fills had 20ml of flavouring!

Oh yeah and also Spicyvape from Isreal they do a ton of e-liquids but every e-liquid they do you can also buy the ready mixed flavourings and yet again to mix at 20%, on top of that their e-liquids you can also buy flavour boosts for just in case 20% flavourings isn’t enough!

5 Likes

I would go along with that, I am talking about total flavourings, if I mix a pretty much all FLV recipe in total it will typically only come to between 5 and 6%, but I am sorry but manufacturers do use much higher % flavourings you just have to look up e-liquid manufacturers who also sell the ready mixed flavourings also to mix the same juices to your own PG, VG nic preference and they nearly always recommend 20%!

4 Likes

Tim don’t you think that would be eerily freaky that all those ready mades are 20% flavors. Like. Every. Single. One? I imagine that’s being done for your ease of mixing. You could take that same all flavorah at 5-6% that tastes great to you and add the PG/VG right there while creating the stone to bring it to any % you want for mixing.

Actually, there are some here with ‘one shots’ sold semi commercially here but their names escape me. It would be easy to ask if their % to mix has added PG/VG to make the % easier for use.

6 Likes

A lot of oneshot companies do this for ease of end-use. Generally just PG not both though.

5 Likes

Eagerly awaits Tims response

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I do agree with him many popular juice companies have a very high % on their flavours. All you have to do is look at the Jam Monster leak a little while back some were in the high 20s flavour wise and most were over 20% if you include the 1.5- 2% super sweet they use.

6 Likes

:astonished:

5 Likes