Orange Creamsicle - Community Collaboration

Hehe, I’m mixing it NOW. I thought I had more recent saved recipes, but no, juice calc for the win.

Off the shake is nice, great profile, and not O heavy, as it would appear on paper. BUT, off the shake.

5 Likes

It’s been a while since I made that, but I think the problem I was having was the cream overrunning the orange/manda. I’m going to S&V it will looking for my notes.

4 Likes

I’ll play, but gone for my favourite creams of the moment in VTA. The FLV ones I’ve used in combination before so thought I’d throw some of the new WF Citrus Candy at it and see what happens.

Orange Creamsicle

Ingredients %
Blood Orange - Flavorah 0.60
Citrus Gummy Candy (SC) - Wonder Flavours 1.20
Citrus Soda - Flavorah 0.80
Sweet Cream - Vape Train Australia 1.00
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting - Vape Train Australia 0.50
Vanilla Cream - Vape Train Australia 1.50

Flavor total: 5.60%

6 Likes

I just took a little taste of TEST2

Very surprised how orange forward this is. I had thought the creams would tame that beast, and even though I used the homogenizer, time could still make that happen. But it’s right in the vicinity of where I want to be.

I’m going to mix another batch, increasing the VIC by 1%, and decreasing Sweet Tangerine by 0.1%. Tellin you man, shocking how much orange taste there is with such a scant amount. TEST3 probably happen today, but I won’t really weigh in much till maybe Monday.

6 Likes

Alright, now that I’m fresh vaping it, think the manda and tang need to come down, and maybe the orange up a bit, not a terrible o to c ratio though.

6 Likes

Lb VIC may not be the ice cream to use in this mix …I say that bc like @SthrnMixer states this is a a recioe that has a even balance between orange and ice cream , but more important than that is LB VIC has a rich buttery goodness to the Ice Cream and most Orsnge Creamsicle I habe had have a plain Vanilla Ice Cream similar to say SSA Ice Cream …

Maybe

• FLV Cream 1
  • MF Vanilla .4
  • SSA Ice Cream 1
  • Rainbow Sherbert LB 2
  • Orange FA somewhere around 1or even less
  • Cotton Candy FLV .6 to 1pct this should give a nice sticky feel for the coating or Candy roll .6
7 Likes

VT Mandarin is pretty good but gets too sweet for me with a steep. FE sweet orange has become my go to Mandarin flavor. Just got in SSA sweet Mandarin but haven’t tried it yet.

5 Likes

I have not played with the VT creams just got them in yesterday

5 Likes

Didn’t get this one, got a few others this week, but are you hinting I need to place another order :laughing:

I had to bulk up on these this week too, been using them heaps lately.

Like this idea too

7 Likes

A simple approach to this would be using CAP Orange Creamsicle like @ChrisPDX says

7 Likes

Sorry to go off topic but how do you find the Flavorah flavourings? Got a box of 42 of them but haven’t got round to trying them!

6 Likes

IMO, if the Vienna wasn’t in there to pull it, absolutely. I don’t know what magic happens between the Vienna the orange (or manda / tanga in my case), but it’s something magical, and, it tastes to me like the vienna pulls the LB VIC off of it’s typical buttery perch, BUT, that could be me.

6 Likes

Basing this solely on SD review , im workong in a couple All FLV recipes right now so No time to mess with anything else for a bit

6 Likes

Wait, what’d I do ??

:slight_smile:

Ohhhh, the SSA Ice Cream @fiddy ?

Well to your previous statement, that IS almost a pure vanilla ice cream. Wish I could figure out how to pull it forward more.

5 Likes

SSA Ice Cream

5 Likes

Tell you what I’ll do, let me do a LB VIC vs. SSA IC test, and I’ll see what the A/B tells me @Fiddy, both with the Vienna.

6 Likes

vienna pulls the LB VIC off of it’s typical buttery perch,

Ill have to try that

5 Likes

Well this has peaked my interest, you always need a bit of magic

6 Likes

You have to let me know so I know I’m not crazy LOL. At least it’s doing it in this S&V version of the OC.

I can’t remember where I saw this ratio, and it wasn’t mine, maybe the Redd, but it seemed to work well as a “sicle” base" not ice cream or milkshake.

Vanilla Ice Cream - Liquid Barn 1.75
Vanilla Swirl - The Perfumers Apprentice 1.75
Vienna Cream - Flavour Art 1.75
6 Likes

This is all I have, guys…

if you take the soda parts out, it works for an orange cream popsicle… I still have misgivings on the use of tropical citrus in it. For me, Tropical citrus is more akin to “Sunny D” or that 5Alive… a mixed citrus… and yes true some cream 'ciles do have that kind of taste… but for a fresh orange… blood orange is all that is needed :slight_smile:

5 Likes