Ogre spies a Grus UPDATED

Awesome Video brother, Love the look of this thing, very thorough review, nice work man :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you brother Pugs! Itā€™s one of those thatā€™s hard to put down.

5 Likes

Your tests sound accurate to me. In comparison to the pico and agis, the grus is more accurate and faster acting in TC. You will find the TC much ā€œflatterā€ than the other two mods. The Grus gets up to temp fast and holds that temp very well throughout the vape much more like a YiHi or DNA. I use single core claptons. Usually 26/36 SS. Complex coils especially either of mixed metals or multiple layers of clapton wire will present difficulty for any TC.

Congratulations!!!

4 Likes

Not much to miss there. The only thing I can think of is deviation between units. This may indicate a quality issue in manufacture. My unit was very accurate. It may indicate an issue with the unit you received. Contact Lost Vape and get their opinion. Beyond that, I have no idea. Iā€™m not going to order a dozen units myself to look for deviation. Lost Vapes response interests me. How dedicated to quality are they?

5 Likes

Excellent! I am truly intrigued. Depending on their response, I may do a follow up video. In fact this scenario pisses me off. I give the thing countless accolades because I got a good one off the line and the next thing I know folks are getting lemons. Like buying a Chevy in the 70ā€™s. No need for that in 2020.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been digging around a little and have found three other folks that are seeing similar results to yours. Not as drastic but none the less the mod is underperforming slightly. As soon as you let me know what LV has to say, Iā€™ll publish a follow up.

3 Likes

I canā€™t evaluate the other cases obviously but in your case the deviation in resistance read is 10%. Your example of 15W to 17W follow perfectly with the math. I would anticipate that 400Ā°F would have to be pushed to 440Ā°F to follow that math as well. 10% is significant.

2 Likes

That makes perfect sense as well. I have noted different flavors that react differently to different temperatures. Some are much better and or more present with slower ramp times. With your sensitivity to taste you would benefit from either a DNA or a Yihi. They offer a lot more flexibility in controlling ramp.

5 Likes

@SmilingOgre

3 Likes

Thank you brother! I needed that. Iā€™m feeling a little bum that after a rave review Iā€™m finding out that these mods are not coming off the line in a consistent manner. Makes me feel like shit when someone buys one on my recommendation and then gets a lemon. Thatā€™s messed up.

5 Likes

@SmilingOgre, hehe, despite my inner voices screaming DERAIL, I will continue, none the lessā€¦

Tell me about it. How would you like to review, countless flavors, which are EXTREMELY subjective ?? !!!

I feel your pain.

4 Likes

Oh my friend, let me tell you. I simply could not. I admire you for taking on the challenge but not for me. My bailiwick is something I can stick on a meter and get a qualified result. Beyond that Iā€™m out of the game. Works well although IMHO. Between all of us we keep things covered.

5 Likes

Fucking Ooorah brother. I got your six.

4 Likes

Good to hear you have found ways to support your vaping. Keep your eyes pealed. Every now and again I have come across some real serious deals especially on single battery Yihiā€™s. Snagged an ML class in a brick and mortor once for under $50.

4 Likes

Wow, that describes me for sure. I had to go my own way with mixing for sure and Iā€™m sure most of my mixes would taste like Draino to most folks. Amazing how that works. Huge insight into just how unique we are in many ways.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s some double talk for sure. They said a mouth full of nothing except, "Thatā€™s good enough for us. Go away.ā€™

4 Likes

Nice Review, sir! nice device LostVape

3 Likes

Thank you sir. Wish they could have done better in keeping the units consistent off the line though.

3 Likes

Hell yea! I looked everywhere online to see if there was Escribe software connectivity from Evolve. Hopefully they are replacing the charging ports and board/chip for the DNA250C (I mean it should have been an USB-C for years now) . Time to get with the program LostVape! lol Great looking little unit that Grus. I have a project I put on hold to do a LIPO box mod (4s 1600 and DNA 250C board I have) These are uncertain times. #IvapeandIvote -hope itā€™s enough!
Thanks again, Ogre!

3 Likes

It is a looker but the Grus is not Evolve DNA. I hope you get a good one.

3 Likes