Oak Island 2019

Haha rubbing my hands together in anticipation.

4 Likes

Don’t feel bad. I hadn’t either until this thread.

Definitely glad I stumbled into it though. It was a slightly ‘slow starter’… But I quickly ended up totally engrossed.

I still don’t know whether it’s actually season 1 that I watched or season 3, because of some screwball error in Netflix. (The top of the screen was showing s3, but the bottom was saying s1, and thus was in FF on the laptop. Not an app screwing with things.) Oddly enough, I haven’t ever had that issue with any other Netflix program/show, some I’m really at a loss of how to explain it, or make sense of why it did what it did.

Brilliant show though, and I can’t wait until the next season “hits the Flix!”

5 Likes

Seriously?
Your redneck translator broken?

Early 15th century… easy

PS: well played Pugs! lol

8 Likes

Must have been that day. I don’t know how I missed that. Gary Drayton is great.

4 Likes

Well. In case you missed the last episode (if you want to see it yourself stop reading)… They successfully located Shaft Nine. The significance of this is two-fold- One, it was dug when the location of the original ‘money pit’ was still known, and two, the builders put in a tunnel leading towards the money pit that almost reached it (in an effort to bypass and avoid the flood tunnels), but they went bankrupt and stopped searching before they could complete it.

This means, once they locate that tunnel offshoot, it should lead them directly to the money pit, which they have been trying to locate since day one of their efforts. Big week last week. I shouldn’t be so excited but I am.

They will continue the excavation of Smith’s Cove next week, extending the flood wall so they can get more of that ancient slipway exposed, and are waiting for permits to excavate the Swamp and begin excavation of Daniel MacGuniess’s old property. A good season so far!!

4 Likes

It’s been a great season so far, and yes I have seen the latest episode :ok_hand: very exciting times, I can’t actually believe how well preserved shaft 9 is, and how much effort they must have put into getting it there considering how long ago it was, brilliant.

The only thing that bothers me is this…if they found something, I mean…actually ‘something’…we’d already know, that would be big news that you simply couldn’t keep out of the tabloids, and they film what…8 or 9 months in advance?.. :thinking: :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

If that’s the only thing that bothers you, I’d like to sell you a very nice bridge in New York!

I’d bet they could encapsulate an entire years’ worth of searching in an hour or two. They have to string it out. As far as leaking big news, I don’t know. They could suppress it until the end of the season runs, but who knows. I don’t want to know and have my bubble burst, honestly.

4 Likes

It was a good one again last night…

A tangible lead on the missing 90 Foot Stone, another lost but relevant search shaft possibly found (Shaft Two), and a new structure -possibly the hydraulic connection to the money pit trap system- found at Smith’s Cove, and a wharf found on the opposite side of the island.

What a season so far!!

3 Likes

I’ll be watching that Tomorrow night :wink:

3 Likes

Thought you guys might appreciate a couple of gifts my better half got me this year, the socks show a picture of a Skeleton and it says “waiting for something to happen on Oak Island” :rofl:

5 Likes

Lmao, cool story though man :ok_hand::ok_hand::heart:

4 Likes

Finally back after what felt like 10 years off… Good episode but not great. Next week’s better be better…

3 Likes

Be watchin it Friday… No spoilers lol… :shushing_face:

4 Likes

It’s an hour long. D’Oh!! I’ve said too much…

4 Likes

Well Puggers, what did you think?

4 Likes

It was good!, I mean…obv this seemingly being very close to the money pit won’t come to anything because we’d already know but, it was still very interesting, nice to have it back :wink:

3 Likes

With any luck, it will air tonight. I want to know if they found the 90 foot stone at that museum!

3 Likes

Hoo’ey! Great episode tonight!

3 Likes

Can this season even get any better?! Jiminy Christmas, another excellent one yesterday. And next week’s promises to be even better!

3 Likes

Oak Island tonight. Wow. Hope y’all are watching it!

3 Likes