New to VCC, need some help

Hi there, new to VCC, busy adding my flavors to my stash, just wanted to find out things

1. I am from South Africa, and have the random/odd local created 1 shot/flavor, is it possible to add those to my stash manually?

2. when looking up a flavor, i can see the flav is used in xx number of recipes, is there a way to check all the recipes it is used in?

thanks

7 Likes
  1. If you have flavours/one-shots that are not in the database shoot me a link for the range and I can add them you can still use them in recipes they will show as ‘user defined’ flavours

2. Not currently but there are plans down the road.

Edit how rude of me - Welcome to VC

10 Likes

Welcome to the VCC @desatur8. @woftam has you in good hands already. If you have technical issues @Grubby is that guy. If you want to get pissed drunk, and make terrible recipes, then @Steampugs would be the guy.

:slight_smile:

11 Likes

Welcome to VC @desatur8 !

5 Likes

Thanks for the welcome!

and thanks for the answer and the site @woftam

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @desatur8 questions are always welcome!

5 Likes

welcome to VC @desatur8
Bear in mind that one shots are not really used to make recipes they already are a recipe on its own, practically a recipe already made.
We made them years ago when we needed to use a “Base” when you’ve got the same ingredients over and over again, we called them “stones” a one shot recipe in which we add other flavours to it
Let’s say we have a custard or a milkshake base, we make a “stone” of it and add the remaining flavours we want, a strawberrry layer or berries, or… whatever.
That’s why we rather call them stones when used in a recipe, technically one shots.

6 Likes

thanks,

the 1 shots i wanted to add, wasnt so much for recipe purposes, more for the inventory part. So i can track how much i have left, without digging in the box

5 Likes

@desatur8 you had me at …

and totally understand that. Typically the EASIER something is, the MORE people will do it. There are progs for inventory tracking, but if you just want a quick and easy, “What do I have”, don’t discount a simple spreadsheet. If you’ve got a large hoard it can be a chore loading it, but once you do, it’s too damned easy. Glance at your sheet before ordering, stock checking, etc…

7 Likes

Welcome to VC

6 Likes

@SessionDrummer I totally understand 450mils of Cereal 27 and 180mils of CDS V1… but 1 liter of CAP Blueberry Jam??? :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: looks like you don’t really like he stuff do you :grinning: :laughing:

7 Likes

Hehe @Iv3shf I was actually burning through it at a pretty high rate, so I was stocking up, AND, I accidentally ordered two big bottles instead of one, LOL.

8 Likes

I actually started writing my own inv program, with calculator, everything in

took me a good few months, because Im not a programmer, so had to teach myself VB aswell

then, when I was about 99% complete … i formatted my PC and forgot to backup :man_facepalming:

8 Likes

You’ve GOT to be kidding @desatur8. Total loss ?

3 Likes

yup, TOTAL

4 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Are disposable vapes any good?