New to VCC, need some help

Hi there, new to VCC, busy adding my flavors to my stash, just wanted to find out things

1. I am from South Africa, and have the random/odd local created 1 shot/flavor, is it possible to add those to my stash manually?

2. when looking up a flavor, i can see the flav is used in xx number of recipes, is there a way to check all the recipes it is used in?

thanks

7 Likes
  1. If you have flavours/one-shots that are not in the database shoot me a link for the range and I can add them you can still use them in recipes they will show as ā€˜user definedā€™ flavours

2. Not currently but there are plans down the road.

Edit how rude of me - Welcome to VC

10 Likes

Welcome to the VCC @desatur8. @woftam has you in good hands already. If you have technical issues @Grubby is that guy. If you want to get pissed drunk, and make terrible recipes, then @Steampugs would be the guy.

:slight_smile:

11 Likes

Welcome to VC @desatur8 !

5 Likes

Thanks for the welcome!

and thanks for the answer and the site @woftam

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @desatur8 questions are always welcome!

5 Likes

welcome to VC @desatur8
Bear in mind that one shots are not really used to make recipes they already are a recipe on its own, practically a recipe already made.
We made them years ago when we needed to use a ā€œBaseā€ when youā€™ve got the same ingredients over and over again, we called them ā€œstonesā€ a one shot recipe in which we add other flavours to it
Letā€™s say we have a custard or a milkshake base, we make a ā€œstoneā€ of it and add the remaining flavours we want, a strawberrry layer or berries, orā€¦ whatever.
Thatā€™s why we rather call them stones when used in a recipe, technically one shots.

6 Likes

thanks,

the 1 shots i wanted to add, wasnt so much for recipe purposes, more for the inventory part. So i can track how much i have left, without digging in the box

5 Likes

@desatur8 you had me at ā€¦

and totally understand that. Typically the EASIER something is, the MORE people will do it. There are progs for inventory tracking, but if you just want a quick and easy, ā€œWhat do I haveā€, donā€™t discount a simple spreadsheet. If youā€™ve got a large hoard it can be a chore loading it, but once you do, itā€™s too damned easy. Glance at your sheet before ordering, stock checking, etcā€¦

7 Likes

Welcome to VC

6 Likes

@SessionDrummer I totally understand 450mils of Cereal 27 and 180mils of CDS V1ā€¦ but 1 liter of CAP Blueberry Jam??? :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: looks like you donā€™t really like he stuff do you :grinning: :laughing:

7 Likes

Hehe @Iv3shf I was actually burning through it at a pretty high rate, so I was stocking up, AND, I accidentally ordered two big bottles instead of one, LOL.

8 Likes

I actually started writing my own inv program, with calculator, everything in

took me a good few months, because Im not a programmer, so had to teach myself VB aswell

then, when I was about 99% complete ā€¦ i formatted my PC and forgot to backup :man_facepalming:

8 Likes

Youā€™ve GOT to be kidding @desatur8. Total loss ?

3 Likes

yup, TOTAL

4 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Are disposable vapes any good?