Need help with some Menthol recipes

Another co-workers relative is trying to get off the cigs, but is a menthol smoker, and I have never vaped, or tried to make anything menthol, so no experience. Anyone have any good menthol recipes ?

4 Likes

@SmokyBlue do you think your Winstin or Commercial Cig would work menthol’d ?

2 Likes

Do you specifically want tobacco or would fruit and menthol + some cooling work for him/her?

2 Likes

You can try both… how I would do that is add:

.4% Cool menthol
.12% Ice (3 drops/30ml)

Both would work excellent for a menthol cig substitute… I keep 8oz around here for those times and showing smokers how easy it is to switch.

You might also add .2% sweetness in there… as the sweet taste will end up keeping them off the smokes.

4 Likes

Thanks @woftam, not sure. Realizing he is or WILL BE brand new to vaping, when I prodded him for what he liked, fruits, bakeries, baccos, custards, he just said, “I like Menthol” LOL.

He has zero time vaping, so he’s not sure. He’s got as much experience vaping, as I do mixing anything menthols.

2 Likes

That’s a huge help @SmokyBlue. I think he smokes Marlboro Lights Menthol, and you know I can’t vape a lot of baccos as they give me the burnZ. Out of my element here, and then some.

Adding to the cart …

Classic Cigarette Flavoring-FLV

Size:

15ml Original Packaging

Change $5.49

$5.49
Red Burley-FLV Flavorah

Red Burley-FLV

Size:

15ml Original Bottle

Change $7.49

$7.49
Virginia Flavoring-FLV Flavorah

Virginia Flavoring-FLV

Size:

15ml Original Bottle

Change $5.49

$5.49
Kentucky Blend-FLV Flavorah

Kentucky Blend-FLV

Size:

15ml Original Bottle

Change $7.49

$7.49
Connecticut Shade-FLV Flavorah

Connecticut Shade-FLV

Size:

15ml Original Bottle

Change $7.49

$7.49
Ice-FLV Flavorah

Ice-FLV

Size:

15ml Original Packaging

Change $5.49

$5.49
Cool Menthol-FLV Flavorah

Cool Menthol-FLV

3 Likes

@woftam, I had assumed a few bacco menthols and probably a few fruit menthols as well. Do you have any you know ?

I appreciate your help guys/gals, as he’s picked a HELL of a time to quit smoking, BUT, better late than never.

3 Likes

@SmokyBlue maybe your cool sweet bacco too ?

1 Like

Look at Ice Core Sample and Night King from DiyFC - both have cooling and a small touch of menthol

2 Likes

Thank you @SmokyBlue, and @woftam.

1 Like

Yes that one and my djarum… he will like the spices in it :slight_smile:

Smoky Blue’s Djarum Tobacco

Ingredient %
Clove (Flavorah) 0.06
Cream (Flavorah) 0.80
Ginger (Flavorah) 0.04
Lemon Tea (Flavorah) 0.20
Turkish Tobacco (Flavorah) 0.20
Virginia Tobacco (Flavorah) 0.40
2 Likes

I wish the new convert was more clear on his likes/dislikes, BUT, he hasn’t even vaped yet, so, hehe.

Thank you @SmokyBlue.

1 Like

More than welcome, hope all this helps him.

I know it won’t be long at all, the new tobaccos will be out soon,
Maybe someone will pop up new recipes with them. :slight_smile:

Who knows, they might be good :smiley:

2 Likes

I would keep that Connecticut Shade at a very low % unless you want to put him off vaping for good :nauseated_face:

My nephew loves his mint and he’s very taken by FLV Crème de Menthe.

4 Likes

I gota agree there too… 1-3 drops per 30 for me, nowdays…sometimes even in 60ml.

Slide some strawberry in that and you could lead me around by my nose!! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Practically a thin mint, coz of it’s chocolate hints, that’s why strawberry works wonders wth that one! Weelllll not only strawberry… never mind…

3 Likes

Now that sounds really nice, love my Creme de Menthe. I will have to give that a try. :tada: :pray: And for once I won’t need to order more flavours :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I have to try that now, I’ve haven’t found a use for strawberry in 6 years.
Never understood the raving reviews and millions of recipes containing strawberry.
Maybe this is it :tada:

You and me both :grin:

4 Likes

I like to add the Creme de Menthe in first… .8%
then I wait around 3-5 days and add .6% strawberry and 3 drops Alpine in 30ml…
along with some ice… and give it another couple days… by day 8… Im happy! :slight_smile:

Vanilla bean or smooth vanilla helps… along with some coconut… but those are super optional!

keep me posted on what you think, @Jose and @marsh8 :smiley:

Sometimes it is the simplest things that really make one happy… :heart:

4 Likes

Ahhhh shit, @SmokyBlue, what do you think I FORGOT to put in my latest SUBITL (Stock Up Before It’s Too Late) order ??

Sun Cookie, and Creme de Menthe !!!

5 Likes