My dream car/truck

My 2nd car the Landcruiser has 35" tires and a 5 inch lift - it is out of commission atm until i get my lazy ass back down to the shed to finish putting the injected 304 in it (I just have to do exhaust/air/mount the radiator). The lift makes it super high which makes putting stuff in the tray a bit of a pita

3 Likes

That’s badass man, one of my favorite off-road channels on YouTube is Aussie fourwheelers, you guys have access to some really nice trucks that we don’t have, i would love to have a Jimny lol

2 Likes

Those things out perform a lot of fully kitted out 4b - they are so light and small they can get anywhere

2 Likes

Yep, most people that don’t actually off-road don’t understand that, my current truck is a Mitsubishi raider with the durocross package, my brother was teasing me because I didn’t buy a full-size truck until we had to retrieve a deer from a field in hunting season and his heavy 3/4 ton truck got stuck and my truck didn’t lol… I’ve toyed with the idea of picking up a Chevy tracker and taking a sawzall to the wheelwells so I can cram some 30 or 31” tires under it, stripped down they probably weigh around 2500 lbs or less

3 Likes

A lot of people her get the jimny and put hilux or cruiser diffs on em jack em up and put 35" on them

17551_offroadingsuzukijimnyiceland10_1

2 Likes

That’s sweet! It would probably have a little better articulation with 33’s though lol

1 Like

Just needs a couple of body lift blocks and it would be spot on

1 Like

Does the Jimny have a solid front axle?

I know the older ones do they are the most sort after I am pretty sure that even the 2019 still have solid front axles - they sure do when you change em up a little. I think this is set up with either Land Cruiser or Hilux diffs (leaning towards Hilux cause they don’t look beefy enough for Cruiser

91f3054a3ecf9e2770325cb2974f18cc

That may actually not be a Jimny lol

2 Likes

Here’s a laugh for you…

I used to get flack for driving a 1980 VW Rabbit (diesel) when I was 18.
Funny thing is, I ended up pulling a guy’s truck out of “swamp road” with it one night. He got stuck, and hit me up on the CB radio with the old “aww man, I’m so fucked. I’m in up to the axles”. I hollered back with “do you have any chain or rope?”… He dug around a bit and said yeah, so I ended up pulling his ass out with a Rabbit. :rofl:

I never caught flack about that vehicle from him after it. chuckles

Best thing about that car though? 50mpg.

1 Like

That looks goofy AF to me… But I bet it kicks like a mule! :wink:

1 Like

It does look a little weird but the fact it is a shorty then add in the clearance and the approach and departure angle those little buggers can go anywhere

2 Likes

I had an 86 vw GTI, that little thing was a go kart lol my buddy had a 500hp fox body mustang and he liked driving my gti more lol, he actually bought it off me eventually. It wasn’t fast, but man was it quick lol short throw 5 speed and handled just like a go kart, I’m lucky I’m not dead cause of that car, I got up on two wheels going around a corner a couple different times in that car and the screwed up part was I felt glued to the ground still, all while getting 30mpg lol

2 Likes

Always loved Mk2 GTI’s, worth a fair bit now in mint condition, I had a Mk3 which was a bag of shit, I had a Mk1 Fiesta XR2 which was about the same in terms of sheer fear factor than the Mk2 GTI, loved that thing, it didnt like me though, it especially wasn’t fond of jumping railway crossings, the centre exhaust pipe slammed the floor on landing, dug into the road, and went straight through my floor pan and through the back seat…thankfully there was only 2 of us in it at the time :scream:

4 Likes

My dream is a 1967 Chevrolet Impala

3 Likes

I loved driving like a mad man when I was younger, I had several vehicles that were just flat out fun to drive, my second vehicle was a 1977 f-150 with a bored out and cammed 351 v8, it was one of my grandpas many trucks and I actually helped him rebuild the motor when I was around 13 years old, he sold it to me for dirt cheap when I turned 17, it looked like a rust bucket until you popped the hood, the motor was clean and chrome lol didn’t handle for shit but man it was fast in a straight line…nowadays I just want something 4wd that I can drive slow through the forest lol

3 Likes

Oh hell yeah, I would drive that today!

3 Likes

My Dad had a '73 F-350 dually flatbed. Looked like this. Oh it was horrible. Rust everywhere. Hand painted brown. Loud. Leaked. But it had a big engine and a stick and was fun as hell to drive the crap out of it. He paid maybe $100 for it. This was decades ago, when that was what it was actually worth. Not a ‘classic’ yet by any means.

4 Likes

That one is the same color as mine was and it’s the ranger trim package too, but mine was 2wd and only had flares on the back fenders lol had to cover the 11” wide back tires:) I still have that truck sitting out in the yard, I had given it back to my grandpa because I couldn’t afford the 7mpg, he had it running till he passed away and it sat at my parents house for 5 years until I moved back up to this part of the state

Edit: I’ll take a pic of my old truck tomorrow and post it here, it looks rough though lol

3 Likes

Perhaps not my dream car but a new to me car which is kinda nice only 60k km on the clock on a 3.2 litre diesel it is barely run in.

7 Likes