MTL RTA's - Best Flavour?

I’m in the market for a MTL RTA but I want one with amazing flavour, what are your experiences and what do you recommend?

I’ve spoken to @ianc13 and I’ve got my eye on the Berserker V2, mainly for the post design as the old clamp method just doesn’t appeal to me, the reviews look good too

10 Likes

mmm Grubby… I love mine… it’s the SXmini nano… coming soon!
The set up is fantastic… and I really hope they will release the bit where you can add your own coil and cotton, but there is a tiny dripper for it too. It’s that auto squonker I have been mumbling about… and will do a giveaway for one soon!! :smiley:

I had the beserker but I did not like it… the draw for me… was too tight. I have owned a few tanks and drippers for mtl… but again… if I feel I am sucking a watermelon thru a straw… no way!!

Just my opinion… but I want a draw so close to a cigarette… smooth, and the taste better rock my world… I won’t go further… but I know my other mod setups have been gathering dust for the last 6 months… it’s that good for me :smiley:

will add a pic in a bit of the tiny dripper… simple screws, all you need is a 2m rod for your coils. I can have mine changed out in under 5 min. :smiley:

hang on…
Stock pic here

There is a cool cap for it too… besides this one.

I know the work that went on for this mod… compact, yet can last all day, takes roughly 30-45 min to charge… it really has surprised me, and the cost for buying will be relatively low. I heard a rummor my favorite coils will be 10.00 for a 5 pack… the cotton used is some of the best in the world… takes a bit to break in, but once there… omg the flavor. :slight_smile: It really is a true mixer’s mod… you can squonk, or you can drip new juice on top of the coils… super easy. :smiley:

9 Likes

I have yet to try the V2 but you can’t go wrong with a kayfun. I love the Brunhilde the best.

8 Likes

The berserker 2 has airflow choices to choose from

Is this what you’re on about?

9 Likes

So expensive though, I looked at some clones and they are much better price wise but you sacrifice quality

9 Likes

Yeps… that is the one… The retail price once released should be around 50-60…
YiHI is known for their expensive but yet well working mods, Grubby. I was surprised to be asked to test a few out… They are the best of the best… and my main point was a reliable well-working mod, with a draw of a cig, smooth and easy on the wallet… so hang on! Don’t grab a clone. I know the production that went into this. It’s got everything but my name on it. :smiley:

That dripper has my spiked nog recipe on it and yeah that is a head turner too lmao… not sure if I have the recipe up yet or?? I have around 40 juices I am working on right now.

9 Likes

Also a really good option @Grubby

6 Likes

@Grubby rewicked one of my Brunhilde MTL RTA this morning.

The coil is 26Ga KA1, 3.0mm ID, 7.5 wraps coming in at 1.20 ohms.

6 Likes

Beautiful, thanks for sharing, what’s the biggest coil you could get in there you reckon?

3 Likes

3.0mm ID is the biggest I do for MTL, no point going bigger than that. I have used a 12.5 wrap 26Ga 3.0mm ID SS316L spaced (slightly) coil in the Brunhilde without issues…

5 Likes

3mm ID seems good to me, Making my decisions next week on what to order and my sights are on the Berserker v2 if it happens I’ll post about it

5 Likes

9.5 wrap 26Ga SS316L round wire at 3.0mm ID come to 0.75 ohms in an OG Berserker RTA on my Aegis Max.

6 Likes

That’s quite a substantial coil, have you tried spaced coils at all?

2 Likes

Yes, I use them sometimes. I don’t space very much when I make them though. Prefer using the superfine SS316L Clapton wire for spaced but it is good with round as well.

6 Likes

Better flavour or negligible ?

2 Likes

Oh, can be better…

I quite like spaced coils on strawberry mixes, but using round wire. Seems to bring the fruit out a bit better.

The Clapton wire is good for custards at lower wattage in TC mode. Seems to give simple custard a bit more depth.

I know one of these has a spaced round wire build and another has a Clapton, but buggered if I remember which as the silver ones all have strawberry variants and the black have custard variants… Lol

7 Likes

7 Likes

Berserker V2, ton of airflow options, easy to build on, great flavour, only gripe is that the top part twists off too easy for filling, it turns a half turn counter clockwise, bottom airflow control ring is also a little awkward to turn but once you have this set how you like it, it doesn’t need much fuss

6 Likes

Glad you are happy with it @Grubby. :grin:

4 Likes

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated

4 Likes