Lost vape Grus fitting a dna chip set

Hi anyone /everyone
Has anybody fitted a DNA100c in the Lost vape Grus. I’ve seen on utube someone fit a dna75 with modification would the 100c be a better choice ?

6 Likes

IDK, but that’s a good question. My Grus is collecting dust….

4 Likes

A forum colleague on Ecigssa a SA forum fitted a 75C and also posts the odd Youtube video so might be the very same, not sure whether the 100C has the exact same dimensions or is doable!

8 Likes

Stealthvape have the DNA75C boards for just £49.99, usually £75!

7 Likes

The Centaurus BF device is another candidate for a DNA75C or 100C makeover!

6 Likes

Good morning and thanks for the tag on ECIGSSA @Timwis .

Although I have not made a YT video of my Grus conversion to a DNA75C, there is one that is quite detailed on the process.

There are a couple of things to consider when doing it:

The Quest screen/board cradle is not the same size as the DNA cradle, you will have to use a bit of manual labor with a sharp blade or make use of a “dremmel” to make the cradle bigger to fit the DNA color screen. It is a bit of a pain doing it manual as at that time I did not have a multi purpose power tool to do it.

You have to be able to do a bit of soldering as well. The Ring connecting the negative of the battery needs to be removed in order to connect it to the DNA Board. The positive and negative to the 510 plate needs to be redone as well. You can however go the route of splicing cables, but you are so limited on space between the board/body of the mod and the 510 plate that if you have too much wire cramped in there it affects the spring loaded 510 and you cant fit a tank on the mod.

Unfortunately I did not do a step by step process on this but something to maybe try out or consider if you are planning on going this route is to see if the DNA cradle (if you are repatriating it from an existing DNA mod) fits into the Grus, that way you skip the process of having to make the quest cradle bigger to fit the screen. I can also not confirm if the DNA100C is the same in size as the Grus Quest or the DNA75C, but I do think EVOLV kept them all the same.

On YT search for: Lost Vape Grus to Evolv dna75c will it fit?

On ECIGSSA search for: Lost vape Grus conversion

Good luck, it is a fun project, I am still using my Grus DNA75C for over a year now.

7 Likes

Welcome @DarthBranMuffin mate, visit any time! Great input there!

If I was technically minded I would fit a DNA75C PCB to the Centaurus BF device but if I took it apart it would never work ever again!

As for the Grus I can remember it wasn’t straight forward for you when it came to fitting the screen so I wouldn’t even consider it!

3 Likes

Hi and thanks for the great description. Have only recently purchased my Grus under £30 so am expecting it to fail within 6mth so l will start saving my pennies and hope the dna 75c doesn’t go up in price.
Have seen the chip set £50 under at SVAPE and cremedevape amongst others. Won’t fix it till it’s broke

7 Likes

Tim, this really is a big ‘or’, because while the boards share the same screw mounting points, button and screen locations, the 100C is more like 250C down at the bottom where the JST connector sits. The USB C connector is lower than 75C micro connector.
Here’s a side by side with the 75C on the left.

75c_100c_SBS

5 Likes

Enjoying my grus soooo much will be better when I fit DNA75c

5 Likes

Oh dear will wait to see if the 100c is a better fit

5 Likes

There’s no voltage mode on the DNAs either.

If you’re a straight watts or volts user, then why? I can’t talk about the Grus’ TC, and they don’t have Replay, so if you’re not interested in those I don’t see any gains IMHO.

8 Likes

Only got them last week am testing all modes TC last never seem to get consistency. Just thinking ahead for future proof

6 Likes

Cheers mate, that’s a real bummer when considering Quest to DNAC conversions, only really 75C possible!

6 Likes

I quite agree, for me personally I love the Replay feature and having my own themes but for someone who just vapes in power mode the the Quest chipset is more than adequate!

6 Likes

@DarthBranMuffin’s USB ports line up with the 75C, it’s the 100C that won’t!

5 Likes

Thanks a lot for that comparison @Wayneo.

6 Likes

I can’t say that’s the same for all the Quest boards. But I can say if you wanna measure say from the middle of your bottom button to the middle of the USB port it should be 8.9mm for the 100C

I mainly use Replay (properly) on my color boards also :+1:

7 Likes

Am I not using it properly? I set the warmth and then simply save vape when I am getting the vape I am after!

7 Likes

I have no idea. The biggest issue I see is when users enable Replay on a profile where a Temp Sensing material is also chosen. It should be ‘watts’ or ‘kanthal’ (no material file) or else you get fighting between TC and Replay. And that’s when bad shit happens :upside_down_face:

6 Likes