Label Maker

I’m looking to buy a Label Maker and been eyeballing this one.

Any thoughts on this one or recommendations on another? I don’t need anything fancy, just something cheap that will get the job done.

4 Likes

My only advice is try and figure out if the tape is going to be available for the future. I have an older Brother label maker and its getting harder to find the tape for it. 99% of the time I just use the blue painters tape and a Sharpie now.

5 Likes

I don’t know a lot about different home labelers but I do love mine. An old Brother p-touch that tape is definitely still available for. Parting gift from a previous employer. If I didn’t get one free I would have bought one. Make sure it’s not paper tape is about all I can add.

5 Likes

Awesome, those were two aspects I didn’t think about. Thanks fellas!!

4 Likes

You can find ones like mine on eBay. I have not compared prices to any new ones so I have no idea if they are a good buy or not.

5 Likes

Nice Fizz!! I’m gonna compare and see what’s out there. Thank you good sir!!

5 Likes

My daughter has one of those DYMO label makers and she is very happy with it. No problem finding tape for it either.

7 Likes

Awesome Jose! I like the fact that it comes with two rolls of tape… Good to know, thank you very much!!

6 Likes

Just an update. I didn’t buy a label maker, I ended up getting peel and stick labels for now…

Picked them up on Amazon… 256 labels for 6.99. The reviews say they wash off so you can reuse your bottles.

6 Likes

Who’s taking squares to guess how fast he’ll rub the name off the label? :rofl: I’ll take 18 seconds please.

6 Likes

Don’t say that lol even if I use permanent marker?

5 Likes

30 sec under water…

bahaha :joy:

6 Likes

Useless Trivia Time!!!

If you use permanent marker on a whiteboard by mistake, you can remove it by writing over it with erasable markers. May work for those labels too, who knows.

5 Likes

Damnit, left glue behind :triumph:

6 Likes

I’ve been using cheap stick on labels and some I’ve had to put scotch tape over the label because they didn’t stick on to well,

I wanted a Label Printer but don’t need nothing fancy and didn’t want to break the bank, also didn’t want to be tied to a PC because I mostly use phone / tablet
After a little bit of research I picked up a Bluetooth printer on Amazon, it was 38 bucks, plus there’s a 20% off coupon

Here’s my first test print:

You have to download the app Print Master and it works right from your Phone, ( iPhone in my case ) I couldn’t get it working right with an iPad.
The app is pretty basic with a few fonts and designs, I just used basic / blank design. The labels are waterproof and seem to be of pretty good quality, I will further test how well they hold up on bottles and how easy they are to remove come bottle cleaning day :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I’ve had great luck with Chroma removables for my testers @Rocky02852.

https://www.amazon.com/ChromaLabel-Removable-Color-Code-Labels-Dispenser/dp/B079ZZ2HM2/

The workhorse award just has to go to the Brother Labeler…

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MTWGMRR

1.1" X 100’ continuous tape, no waste.

https://www.amazon.com/Brother-DK-2210-Continuous-Length-Paper/dp/B0002VS67G/

5 Likes

I got the Dymo 450 on recommedations, as it doesn’t use any ink what so ever. The only thing is it only prints in black.

7 Likes

@FlavorChaser the Brother does black and red, depending on which tape you get. When I first bought it (for the WIFI and the software), I started out with label blanks (pre-cut), but it rapidly became obvious that with the volume I was printing, the 100’ rolls of tape (cut as needed) was the really efficient, and cheaper way to run. Brother has an entire line of labels and tape that can suit anyone’s needs.

8 Likes

I currently use my trusty Brother QL-700 thermal Label Printer with continuous film label (as opposed to paper) . Works great for all the size bottles I work with from 15ml upto 240ml boston rounds. Color would be great but I just aint that professional…

6 Likes

The Brother has it going on @MixedUpKiwi. Continuous rolls for the win !!!

5 Likes