Is there a Salty Flavor?

I have and idear in my noggin for a sweet and salty concoction. I have never tried anything like this, and have been out of the game a couple years. Is there any flavor that will give a salty taste, preferably on the exhale? If there is, please share. It doesn’t matter if this salty flavor is part of another flavor, as long as the other flavor can be muted somewhat. The rest of my recipe will be sweet enough to bury most mild flavors.

4 Likes

You can try saline…

If you have beer nuts flv… it does have a “salty” taste/effect… use at 1 drop per 30ml
chances are tho you might get a touch of nut with it too…

maybe it might suit your recipe??

Then salted caramel fw… but I haven’t used it in many years.

5 Likes

That sounds pretty good. I have never messed with saline, but saw people using it in recipes. Is that really safe? For instance, if god forbid you got a dry hit and vaped burnt salt and cotton. Wouldn’t you die instantly? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

No… but make sure it is sterile.
It’s been so long for me… I’d have to hunt the brand… I want to say 98% saline solution.

I could be wrong… let me dig in the morning. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

0.9 saline solution bp sterile pods (the injectable one is just sterile water and saline) from the chemist (drug store) make sure you don’t get eye wash that contains some boric acid

But keep it under .25 % in a mix - you wont get much salt from it but if you use a salty is flavour it will add to it. VTA salted caramel is a bit saltier than the FW version if you can sneak some caramel in there or as smoky said beer nuts but you will get a little bit of the nut

5 Likes

Sorry, I hear salted and this song pops in my head…stupid South Park

13 Likes

I’ll second FLV Beer Nuts.

2 Likes

@WickedFog like @woftam said sterile saline in small tubes works. I use Addipaks.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DZ0DYOA/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=saline+addipak&qid=1598261228&sr=8-3

4 Likes

@Mjag, you can stick em in your mouth and lick em, suck em, if you think I’m watching that vulgar shit! :wink:

Great ideas guys. I had totally forgot about salted caramel. That will be good for both salty and sweet, along with the beer nuts. I think I can make that work.

So lets see what this makes:

5 Likes

I’d go 1-3 drops per 30ml of beer nuts and maybe .4% of peanut butter flv, Sd… but that is just me…
I dont know how the rest of the flavors will react… so … :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :upside_down_face: :laughing:

1 Like

I will try a 30ml that way and see. But will also try one as listed and see what I get :wink: I have a shit ton of old recipes nobody knows about. I think maybe someone that knows the old me from ELR will tell you about a closet full of juice I made? Yeah, that, and when it comes to candy bar vapes, I’m pretty Twixted :wink:

2 Likes

Dammit @SmokyBlue, @WickedFog ALL this talk of Beer Nuts, is making me want to re kick-start my quest for the perfect Choco Taco vape !!!

Waffle Cone, Vanilla Ice Cream, Hint of Caramel, MF Dark Choco, and Beer Nuts !!!

6 Likes

Not sure I would use beer nuts for that one (maybe as a support only) not that I have had the real thing but I would probably be tempted to use Honey Roasted Peanuts WF - only because of the hints of other nut flavours I can pick up in beer nuts and the peanut skin

3 Likes

I’ll get on this tonight, free time permitting…

2 Likes

Oh hell yeah. Do you have a waffle cone flavor by OoO? I think that is the one I toyed with at one time. I remember it wasn’t terrible, but that was when I first started mixing, so I didn’t know what I was doing.

2 Likes

Currently my go to is FW WC, but I’m always on the prowl …

2 Likes

Bugger that waffle cone, keep forgetting to order that, it takes so long for stuff to get here at the moment

3 Likes

Don’t feel bad @marsh8, my last FastTech order took over THREE months to get here. Great news is, I DIDN’T learn from my mistake !!!

I keep an eye out on all old skool SteamCraves, and already have a stockpile, but noticed one of my super favs was about to go extinct. Let’s see if it takes over 3 months THIS time.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3043/10018387/4447900

3 Likes

Who would have thunk that FLV might have a flavor like that… hmmmm…

5 Likes

Just wait for the new flavor release… it will not be long now! :slight_smile:

4 Likes