Is there a Salty Flavor?

I too have been on a quest for a Salty flavor (for my “Terry Yarky Slim Jim” recipe)
I too have heard Beer Nuts is a good one, but every time I place an order at Bull City it’s out of stock, so must be good.

3 Likes

Salted caramel (Fantasy) at Chefs was a decent salted caramel with a bit of saltiness

3 Likes

Oh bugger I knew there was something I forgot on the last order.

4 Likes

Flv beer nuts adds a nice saltiness

5 Likes

Interestingly enough I keep a 60ml bottle on my mixing station…

Saline
The use of saline in mixes is pretty widespread in commercial juices (Charlie Noble and a few other juice companies use it quite regularly). I hear you ask what does it do? Well aside from the everything tastes a little better with salt it will moisten the mix a little (similar to cactus and fuji previously mentioned) but saline can be used with anything to just give an extra push, bakery, fruits, nuts, tobacco are all good with a smidgen of salt ( I use the .9% bp saline you can buy from the chemist but you could always make your own). Don’t use too much .25% is generally enough we don’t want the juice to be salty.

Dont shoot the messenger. my sources are far and wide, and, unfortunately, I didnt save their source locations in my notes.

6 Likes

I just dont use it any longer. it will crust up your coil and with flv’s beer nuts… it’s enough of a salty taste just using a few drops. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

DIY Eliquid Additive | Using Saline / Salt In Eliquid

2 Likes

Fantasy salted caramel is the saltiest concentrate I’ve ever come across, if you want a recipe try this

6 Likes

" This is not very coil friendly so a rebuildable atomiser is recommended"
True words you wrote. Even at much lower %'s than you used, it’s a coil destroyer.

5 Likes

I also look at it this way… the usage for @Nevens flavor west is 15% for a salty caramel.
I am talking on 1-2 bottle drops or .04g of beer nuts Flavorah… :slight_smile:

Sometimes, less is better and more apt to suit the process of the application.
Then again… if you like what you like and it works for you… who am I to say a word about anything else. ?

:smiley:

and I don’t destroy coils :smiley: haha!!!

4 Likes

but FYI, my recipe is a clone, I don’t think Charlie’s Chalk Dust care about promoting flavorah at every chance and use other flavour houses because Yano, that’s normal, beer nuts isn’t salty, it just gives off the notion of saltiness, as for FLV peanut butter that concentrate just isn’t salty but who am
I to questions someone else’s prerogative, if it works for you it works for you :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Clones come in all kinds of shapes, @Nevans

Not sure if FLV was out at that time or not. I am talking on what works for a salty flavor… and what at least my preference is. Yes… I went there.

Knowing how fw salted caramel works and I can see the 15% you used, it is way much more than even my normal use of beer nuts at 1-2 drops… you could even go to .2% for more salty. I did not bring up flv peanut butter, but a combo of that and kinako soy with the beer nuts would be fantastic. I know, as I have done a mix like that. I love the nuts flv has.

FW… hell they add real sugar to their flavors, but if you are all up for vaping fw… keep going…
Not picking on your recipe at all… if you like it… vape it all gone :slight_smile:

Im up for any kind of alternative that is at least safer than the old school way of adding saline… fw just doesn’t cut it for me.

4 Likes

Try the WF Salted caramel maybe.

6 Likes

Flv beer nuts

6 Likes

Nice one Laura. :slight_smile:

3 Likes