Importing your ELR Recipes

You can now import all your recipes from ELR here is a quick how to

• Go to your ELR page
    https://e-liquid-recipes.com/mine

• Click on the Export button you will see 3 choices

• RIGHT click on export as XML and select Save Link As

• Browse to a location on you computer to save the file and click save (file name by default will be xml.xml you can change this to whatever you want I use recipes.xml

• Go to https://vccalc.vapingcommunity.co.uk/import

• Select the browse button and browse to the save location of your xml file

• Click upload you will be presented with a list of imported recipes

• Go to https://vccalc.vapingcommunity.co.uk/elrimports here are all your recipes

• You can go through the list and click on the move button on any recipe and move it into you VC recipe list

• Once you have moved it check that all the flavours have been correctly recognised - edit if required

Please if you find any bugs or unexpected behaviour let us know

13 Likes

Thanks @woftam, I was screwing up and NOT right clicking.

7 Likes

5 Likes

There is a little bug at the moment with Mom & Pop flavour concentrates making the import puke (the & stuffs things up) You can edit your xml using a txt editor and change the M&P to Mom and Pop if you really need to get it in the database now.

Or run it thru a validator first (it will give you the line number of the error)

5 Likes

Thank you @woftam. I was shocked I passed…

5 Likes

if there is a little error it wouldnt have imported at all - grubby has done a great job with the import but the export from ELR does have a bug where it is not strictly well formatted xml the & should be changed to & or a cddata tag

5 Likes

You can not get tired of escaping speical characters !!!

Kidding, … you can. Copy that @woftam.

4 Likes

All imported recipes are private by default

6 Likes

I’m a bit of a dunce when it comes to computers…if we import recipes over here this way will it add the flavors in the recipes into our flavor list? Or do I still have to do that manually? Either way this is exciting!!

5 Likes

not quite but when you move it off your elr list into you vc list there is a button to add these flavours to stash so as long as they are recognised it could save you some time. But the stash add is super easy compared to ELR

8 Likes

That’s good, my biggest difficulty is being on mobile most of the time lol well that and being a computer dunce when I do have a chance to use my computer.

5 Likes

Yes it IS @woftam !!

3 Likes

Thanks @woftam, :tada: I finally figured it out only 78 pages, wonder how many I see as shit house now. :rofl:

4 Likes

Hopefully they’ll be a better / easier way to add / delete the imports at some stage, got a lot going on in my head though :crazy_face:

4 Likes

@Rocky02852, @woftam found THIS ^^^^^ problem with your recipe Export…

3 Likes

Thx @woftam this is what I was looking for.

5 Likes

Thx :muscle:t2:
Works like a charm and i now has a new home :tada::yum:

6 Likes

Is it a broken link? 404…

1 Like

Yep that was an OLD link, I’ve updated it, thanks for the report

1 Like

Thank you! For the hard work you put into this @Grubby!
Next it’ll be the stash… :love_you_gesture:

1 Like