Homogenizing Equipment Used for E-liquid Making

I don’t add 3mg nic to vg, my vg is 3mg nic and I use that as the only vg in my recipe. I am not too picky about my nic being 3mg vs 2.6mg or whatever, and mixing with 3mg nic in vg makes mixing simpler for me, as it removes a step, and I don’t have to worry about high potency nic and my stupid German Shepard that likes to eat everything, the other day he puked up a latex glove and I literally thought thank god that doesn’t have 100mg nic on it lol

5 Likes

I will probably end up trying to repurpose some of the random stuff I have laying around the house lol that’s why I gotta re-read the thread again, it’s easier to rig something up if you fully understand the goal you are trying to achieve

3 Likes

Aaaaah, got it :grin:

1 Like

Out of curiosity, why do the majority of mixers add nic when mixing? To me it puts a usability time table on the liquid before it begins to oxidize. Not stabbing anyone here just curious.

5 Likes

I have done it that way for simplicity, and my steep cabinet has a/c flow through it so I don’t really notice any degradation, but I also never have a mix that’s older than 3 months. I have a system where I have enough custard steeping that when I run out of the bottle I’m vaping then the next one is a month old, and then I make new juice for the empty bottle and the cycle starts over lol. I mostly vape custard, and the fruity stuff I vape i only make a week or two worth at a time.

6 Likes

To me, that’s why the actual methodology comes into play, and is critical. I’ve never experienced any kind of nic oxidation when using my preferred method:

No breathing (in the normal “accepted” sense), no frothing, no cap off for hours etc… But, bear in mind, my liquids don’t usually make it past the two or three month mark. Maybe three or four times in the past two years have I “found” a stray bottle that made it to the 6 month mark, and while those didn’t have issue, A. It’s not enough to be anything more than anecdotal, B. They were stored indoors, at <70°F. So while I acknowledge it’s possible things could change, I haven’t had such an experience yet (and I believe it’s due to the way I mix. YMMV. :wink:

3 Likes

Would you also do titration tests at various stages of the homogenizing/ mixing and or steeping? Aside from any taste differences or possible discoloration, the actual nic strength would be most critical to me.

3 Likes

I have been steeping without nic and noticed a huge difference in colour change, before it would go a very dark golden colour and now it stays pretty much the same

2 Likes

All interesting stuff. I have been down to 1% nicotine for quite awhile now, so I suspect any results I see would be far diminished compared to heavier users. I have seen color change in steeping without nicotine, so at least is some circumstances it has to be attributed to flavorings having chemical reactions with each other or just from aging. But my observations are just anecdotal and not done under any controls.

3 Likes

Same here! :thumbsup:

:flushed: Thankfully I’ve never had that happen.

2 Likes

Yep exactly. I have some old mixes that are colorless and others that are dark. It would be interesting to see a blind taste test with a large group, using the same recipes but different mixing and steeping methods.

2 Likes

One of the other aspects of this that fascinates me, is that with the addition of heat, there may be some level of pasteurization. I always wondered about ejuice and whether any of the components were antibacterial/ antiviral/ anti fungal in nature?

We haven’t heard of any types of infectious spread of anything due to ejuice being contaminated that I know of.

1 Like

VG is antibacterial/ antiviral/ antifungal in nature as far as i am aware

not 100% sure on the anti fungal

It encases water molecules and somehow stops germs by doing it. Hazy memory on it

3 Likes

LMFAO… Yeah, we can thank Big Tomato for that! :wink: :rofl:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Interesting science project. I’m still not gonna do it UNLESS it’s for a shake n vape 120ml bottle that will be used this week for example. The other reason I don’t add nic when mixing is that if I want a lower or higher dose of nic, I can very quickly .

Granted, a high vg mix seems to oxidize a lot slower than in a pg vg mix . Guess to each their own eh?

3 Likes

Yes on anti fungal but not sure on anti viral. I’ll slather some vg on myself before a romp with a prostitute then send feedback if I got a disease

6 Likes

Left is zero nic 6 months old. Middle is 4 months old pg vg mix with nic and right is pg vg mix 6 months old

4 Likes

Nic salts in Grubby Mother (my version of @grubby’s MM clone) think we can all agree that custard would normally be a lot darker in colour than this one after this amount of time. This is not the bottle i use (i have this recipe as one of my adv) it is one i have sitting on the desk in a clear bottle that i vape from time to time to test the life of the juice so far it hasn’t changed taste at all.

Grubby Mother

Ingredient %
Coconut (CAP) 1.50
Erythritol 5% (NN) 0.45
Graham Cracker v1 (CAP) 1.20
Liquid Stevia (Pyure) 0.15
Marshmallow (CAP) 1.00
Saline (0.9% solution) 0.25
Sweet Strawberry (CAP) 4.50
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 2.00

Flavor total: 11.05%

6 Likes

I started to link this thread to the following…

But I thought I’d wait and see first. :laughing:

Lambu obviously put a lot of time and effort into collecting the links. But I swear, the majority looks like the same old tired material.

4 Likes