Help Out Our New Zealand Brothers

It appears that the New Zealand Government are going to make a huge mistake and backflip their vaping stance.

@Tworrs you will need to share the hell out of this one (Glantz related I suspect)

6 Likes

Thanks buddy, we are circulating on all our local pages.

6 Likes

This is win/win for the U.S. gooberment. They keep the tobacco revenue flowing e.g. Master agreement, taxes, contributions and on average smokers die 10 years prior to non smokers reducing the burden on SS, meda-all, etc. which has already been squandered by the gooberment. I have no idea what is at stake for New Zealand gooberment but I would think it to be similar thinking.

5 Likes

I can respect that @anon96069639 :grinning:

4 Likes

I absolutely respect that, however, any ban in NZ will have a massive impact on Australia as most Australian Manufacturers direct ship nic’ed up juice from NZ to their Australian customers. So for all the Aussies we have a dog in the fight.

3 Likes

We have a vaping MP on board in one of our local FB groups, which hopefully will assist in our quest.

Edit: It turns out that he is a candidate for next year’s elections, sorry my mistake
However he is on our side, and we are hoping that he decides to go forward with a positive stance on vaping, which would no doubt endear the vaping voters to him.

4 Likes

One has to assume that the billion dollars per year tax on tobacco in NZ goes some way toward influencing the decision makers in government.
It makes me sick to my stomach :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

That is the one thing common to the entire world when it comes to smoking and government influence on it. No question it is all about the money. Well known, well documented… there is not a single government in the world who will cut off a profound revenue stream in the name of public health. This is the root of the issue and the real ‘smoking epidemic’.

2 Likes

I do have to wonder how they sleep at night.

4 Likes

As well as a grizzly bear that just ate 4 children and a litter of puppies. Quite well. Those without a conscience tend to sleep rather well.

2 Likes

Someone posted an article that said most politicians are sociopaths and I believe it. A lack of conscious describes most of them.

This shit ball keeps rolling downhill, I am afraid to think what’s next. I hope they come to there senses.

3 Likes

What is the term used to describe a person who firmly believes that they know what is best for everyone else?

2 Likes

Asshole?

10 character

4 Likes

Yeah I agree, however I was just battling to come up with the right term, besides arrogant.

2 Likes

Narcissist?

2 Likes

Nah, Politicians, I can’t tell the difference between the 2 parties anymore

1 Like

Yes that too, I was thinking more on the lines of it being a mental condition like a sociopath is.
It must surely be a mental illness :rofl:

2 Likes

So true. Politician is a far better term.

2 Likes

You defined “politician” right there.

2 Likes

I think we will have to go with that Phil, it is the only word that describes the affliction :rofl:

2 Likes