Hellvape Dead Rabbit V2 RDA flavor loss

Hey guys, I really hope someone can help me.
I used an RTA before but was told you get better flavor and more control with an RDA, so I got a Dead Rabbit V2 RDA and I loved it at first. But lately, it is like the flavor just disappeared.
I changed the cotton, cleaned the coils, changed my wattage, gave up, got new coils and did it all over again.
I even tried other e liquids. Nothing works. It tastes like I’m vaping pure VG.
What am I doing wrong?

5 Likes

Is your tongue swelling, turning green and oozing puss? If so go the the emergency room! If not it’s probably just vapers tongue. It happens. The taste buds go dead. Try a radically different flavor of vape. I like eating pickle relish. Different people do different things.

7 Likes

Yup, I found my tongue on the floor this morning licking cat urine off the carpet. I picked it up and washed it under some warm water before putting it back it. LOL.

But seriously. I tried vaping some spearmint (I usually vape desert flavors) and even tried some sour lemon and lime. I can get that hit of the Ice, but the flavors are very muted on the fruity stuff too.

5 Likes

I can’t say for sure obviously, but I go through periods where everything is just not there. Especially while drinking coffee. Nothing pernitrates coffee for me. All flavors taste the same. It fixes itself after awhile.

6 Likes

I really think it is the RDA and how I set it up. When I use a different device or switch to my RTA the flavor is perfect. I just don’t know what I’m doing wrong

5 Likes

Strange, in my experience with an RDA, flavour was always on point, I struggled getting the RTA’s to produce the same flavour…

6 Likes

That is what I thought too, but I am getting almost no flavor. Unless it is a really sharp fruity flavor or a mint/menthol

5 Likes

Too weird. I’ve not owned a dead rabbit but there can’t be too much there to screw up. Set the coil(s) so the airflow hits the bottom 1/3 of the coil. Don’t over pack the cotton. Make sure the cotton does not block airflow under the coils. Viola! If you had it working and duplicated the build what could go wrong? It’s a friggin can with two coils in the bottom. I’ll share this. If you are using a 3mm ID coil and cotton pads, cut a 10mm strip of cotton and peal the skins. No need to comb, thin, or do any other voodoo. Just make sure the cotton extends to the bottom of the juice well. 10mm of a pad is optimum for me on a 3mm coil.

6 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes

They look pretty gunked up to me that rda is the nuts give a good glow if you got air hitting the bottom of the coils like @SmilingOgre said you should be good.what ohms you got and what wattage

7 Likes

I’m running 0.15ohms and tried everything from 40 to 80 watts. That gunked up look is part of what bugs me. I replaced the coils and cotton 3 days ago.

6 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes

Gotta agree with @LEED. Those look pretty funky. What are you vaping? Some juices with a lot of sweetener will mess up coils pretty bad in a hurry. Two coils with multiple cores at 0.15Ω can take a lot of power to fire up properly as well. Rebuild, start at about 70W and work up in power. When it burns off your face you have gone too far.

8 Likes

I will try that. I do like sweet juice. I always go for desert flavors. I will rebuild now and report back.

6 Likes

Look at your air intakes on the sides and make sure the coil is high enough for some air to cover the bottom of the coils. If the air is just skimming the top of the coils that will reduce flavor as well.

7 Likes

My coils were way too low. I lifted them up and that seems to have done the trick.

7 Likes

Alright!!! Congratulations. Another major life changing mystery solved here at VC. I would have not guessed that and didn’t right off the bat.

7 Likes

You rock

8 Likes