Heaven Gifts Problem (solved)

So our friends Haven Gifts advertise nova kit flash sale for $11.00. I go to the site, add the $11.00 nova to the basket, go to check out, select shipping for additional $10.20. At this stage the cart still shows $21.20. I click on the paypal button (one click paypal option that doesn’t show the ammount paid) and I get the recepit for $87.39 (with free shipping). Needless to say, paypal dispute is already open …

Just had to vent this somewhere …

2 Likes

Amazing. Can’t wait to hear how all this pans out and get’s explained, or not.

5 Likes

I’m 100% sure I will get my money back. I do trust paypal. But it’s just annoying AF

4 Likes

It’s gone beyond annoying for me. I’m to the point of getting tired. I read the marketing crap on devices all containing the latest buzz words and useless fluff and I’m busy thinking, “ok so WTF does it do?, where did you cut corners to hit a price point?, press fit 510?, 85% efficient?, starts shutting down at 3.5V?, what are you calling TC?”. Checking out is like walking in a mine field. Signature atties? I’ve been walking through that mine field for years in the music industry. Ya, that’s a real groovy guitar there for 5 grand, but there’s another one on the same page that makes equally wonderful sound for under a grand. Too much horse shit for me.

6 Likes

I hear ya. One day I might post a pic of a bass guitar that my dad bought back in the day in Chicago for $85. A lot of folks drool when they see it :stuck_out_tongue:
Nowdays replicas of that piece of wood sell for 5k

4 Likes

That’s cool, but for me it’s not about the looks of an instrument. I don’t sit around looking at them. I play them. It’s all about the play-ability and the sound of the instrument. I have four basses ranging from about 850 to 2G. Each for a very different voice. Three are guitars one is an EUB. One guitar is fretless. I took a lot of time on each before I made the purchase. I have no desire to collect the things. If I don’t play them, I don’t want them.

4 Likes

Preach brother Ogre!
I’ve been at this mindset for a looooong time now. Not much impresses me in the majority being offered. It’s part of what makes me really try to pass the word when I find something truly nice. And also part of why there’s not much I rave about.

4 Likes

The entire time I was writing that I was thinking about you. Not claiming to be of “same mind” but damn close, lol. I was recalling your countless posts that stated paraphrased “really? why?, so close but no trophy”. Ya, you’re right I drug out my milk carton (most comical street preacher I’ve run across in San Francisco) and pitched from the mound. It really smacks of being taken for a fool when I see a mod with a speaker attached to it.

5 Likes

And I very much appreciate that. I can’t imagine trying to run your business. There probably would be those who ended up in my freezer, lol. Thank God there are still folks like you still making instruments. Often times, the hype and bull shit wins. People respond to it, buy it, and don’t know the difference. The good products go away. The crap is what’s left.

6 Likes

Short update on the original topic:

The order was cancelled and I got a full refund. Can’t say anything bad about that one :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You make instruments?

That’s one of my life’s dreams that will unfortunately never come true…

5 Likes

41 posts were split to a new topic: Let’s talk Guitars!