Heating e-liquid components

Of course…i kow that , just being funny and we all know I’m the funniest guy around …:muscle::facepunch::+1:

5 Likes

I 100% agree with this…

Or at least I would if I believed a word I said.

Which I don’t :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

#CatsRule

1 Like

Good tip ! I never thought of that !
Of course I can no longer buy flavored ejuice here due to FlavorBan in my state, still a great tip there :clap:

8 Likes

13 posts were split to a new topic: Moving Home and House prices

A post was merged into an existing topic: Moving Home and House prices

Prior to the Game Changer I would mix testers that are long steepers like custards, tobaccos and creams with 0 nic. Not because a month or 2 steep is long enough to get the nic oxidized but being absent minded I would find bottles that are a 1 or 2 years old and not as good. Forget about the bottles I would leave in my car on a 100 degree day, 0 nic fine, 3mg blah

5 Likes

When you Cook food, does it lose its flavour… :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

@anon96069639 Do you know if VG’s viscosity changes when cold?

If heat makes it thinner and easier to work with, does cold do the opposite?

8 Likes

yes @Grubby it does get thicker but does not freeze. My Nic is VG based and if I try to squeeze some out of the bottle straight out of the freezer the consistancy is not far off toothpaste

9 Likes

So for people mixing without heating any components should they keep their VG at room temperature? Would that be considered optimal?

6 Likes

VG in particular cold doesn’t change the viscosity of the flavours (unless VG based) or PG much at all if any

6 Likes

I’ve been mixing at 50/50 and initially the mix looks as thick as 70/30 until it all starts to homogenize

6 Likes

I always keep my VG at room temp…well…summer house temp, in the winter it’s a pig, I also have some VG Nic in the freezer and it’s like syrup, it’s a fucking pain in the ass to use so I usually have a bottle that I’ve decanted in the fridge, I do that anyway even if it’s PG, which it usually is.

5 Likes

I am a bit weird I guess I keep my VG at 30c (most of the time) I have a brewers heat pad (blue pad under the bottle) underneath it to keep it to temp. The reason for this is that I use a peristaltic pump to transfer VG (it measures the amount by time an will shut off after the pre-set amount is dispensed. Having the VG at a consistent temp is important for consistency (I still do it on the scales to confirm the correct weight).

It is a bit of a pain but it is easier than pouring out of a 25lt bottle and is much easier than breaking the 25 lt down into smaller bottles.

12 Likes

I know what you mean, I decant into 5lt plastic jerry cans for ease of pouring.
That spout on the upper 25lt drum is a pig to dispense with if the VG is cold.

5 Likes

Ya I used to use those for VG but they suck. That bottle at the top is isopropyl alcohol I use to clean down the the bench.

6 Likes

Whoa…I want all that technological stuff lmao…Serioulsy though for the GC and the warming apparatus i have a vision in my head that I know I can make happen …

7 Likes

Hello everyone. BubbasBrewz here.
New to this site but not new to the community. My gamechanger is on the way and set to arrive this week.

Just had some quick questions about my setup and method/process if someone can check my thinking.

The ultrasonic cleaner I got is the exact same model that Tammy has. I am planning to use it as the element to preheat my VG as well as a ultrasonic cleaner during the process. Upon a test run with the cleaner, the heating element stopped working. This makes me concerned that I will need an alternative heating source at some point in the future unexpectedly.

My question is, if I was to premix my VG, PG, and Flavorings into a beaker/flask, would said mixture then be viscous enough to be homogenized with the GCH, even without preheating the mixture to 140° F?

I always mix at 70 VG / 30 PG and typically use anywhere from 5-15% flavoring on average. Would this require me to still preheat this mix before using the homogenizer in it?

This would potentially save me a step of preheating the VG in the case that my heating element we’re to stop working. A sous vide heater is a little outside the budget at this time.

Thank you all for your time and input. Pleasure to be here in this community with you folks.

5 Likes

Arent you that Guy that was on DTF show Sat ??? i have this on the way…Ive bought a couple things but they didnt excite me …I got this bc its super compact and i believe it will heat fast enough For me once i get setting dialed in…

https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Portable-Countertop-Infrared-Multifunction/dp/B07MWX87LZ/ref=mp_s_a_1_72?dchild=1&keywords=hot+plate&qid=1597725237&sr=8-72

NO…you still need to heat the mix

Yes …

There are many threads here that i would suggest you read…Videos showing homogenizer being used without heating VG and with…

6 Likes