Flavor Substitutes

Me neither but stranger things have happened…

3 Likes

I vaguely remember that creeping into our conversations. And although now I don’t give a good fat rip, back then my thinking was if VC was going to profit off my recipe, I deserve a cut. Ok, I would likely never pursue something like that unless they were making real bank off it, but it’s just the principle. Trust me, many, many mixers would probably want to raise considerable hell under the right conditions.

1 Like

Well, I don’t recall that ever being a concern with the folks when it was in use.

It would be a nice addition. But I never did use it. I just bought the flavors for any recipe I wanted to try. And now, 500+ flavors later I face my dilemma. What the hell do I do with all this shit lol.

2 Likes

There would have to be considerable T&Cs’ in place and a user controlled consent option to allow the recipe to be “bought” but it is viable I think

2 Likes

I never thought about it that way. I always thought of VC as supplying flavors in custom quantities. The profit they made was for doing the work of mixing the flavors to your specifications, and handling a ridiculous inventory. That’s the way I saw it anyhoo.

3 Likes

Would be great if you could knock them out yourself via a link but I’m sure some agency would have a field day with us if we allowed that :laughing:

2 Likes

I was just thinking exactly the same thing, and exactly the same end result.

2 Likes

It’s all food for thought, thanks for bringing it up, it’s an interesting idea that might work one day, maybe…

2 Likes

I do too, so long as all parties are doing their accounting paperwork and paying their requisite taxes, and if they are using authentic flavors or otherwise having customers sign off on substitute flavors. It’s all starting to come back to me now. I was actually quite livid over their incorrect formulation of the one shot I ordered. Seeing as how I paid for a specific thing and received something else. Of course that’s a story as old as time itself.

1 Like

Yeah, I think it would be a cool addition some day. You have your hands full already, and while features are cool… functionality and fine tuning are probably keeping you busy :wink:

3 Likes

Don’t… I’ve got more than enough to be getting on with :laughing:

It’s coming together slowly, looking forward to creating and pushing new features

2 Likes

I for one am impressed sir.

2 Likes

Really? You gonna just drop a Boy George pic in here and sit back and laugh? Nope. Now you gotta watch the vid
https://youtu.be/JmcA9LIIXWw

1 Like

Now you’ve done it :laughing:

4 Likes

I just thought I was laughing before. Now I’m rolling!!!

I remember the first time I saw this person. I was stationed at Fort Gordon in Augusta, GA for my AIT training. Was in the day room and MTV was in its heyday - circa 1984. We all got into a big, hilarious debate over is it a he or a she. Some of the guys felt the name was clearly just some artsy fartsy moniker intended to confuse people, while the rest of us felt that was the makeup and clothe’s job. FYI I landed on the right side of history and to this day know in my heart of hearts all those guys on the other side of the aisle are all freaks of nature.

2 Likes

Yeah, I remember having a similar discussion for a minute. Then I queued up some Megadeth to wipe the thoughts from my brain. I will give him this… if he came out like that now - no big deal. But back then - he had some balls. Literally.

2 Likes

Ok, wow

2 Likes

@SthrnMixer I had completely forgot about them …