Flavor Substitutes

Over the past many months, many flavors have either been discontinued or reformulated. This can cause an issue when favorite recipes contain these flavors. Example - Inawera’s Milk Chocolate. Sadly I never had the original so I don’t know what I’m missing. But apparently those who do now either have to stop mixing that recipe once their stash runs out, or find a substitute. What to do?

I’d like this thread to be devoted to the community pooling their resources to help unlock those recipes where a flavor is no longer available. I’ll start…

Anyone know of a good sub for Flavour Art’s Wine Champagne? I had a recipe where I used it at 3.5% and am out. But when I tried to look it up on Flavour Art’s website it doesn’t appear to exist. I can get it off Nicotine River, but if FA has discontinue it, then it’s just a matter of time before no one has it.

So what has been given the axe that you need a substitute for?

7 Likes

I can see Champagne and Pearl Champagne here:

Maybe it’s a name change? Never used any so I can’t say but just a thought

4 Likes

I do remember that one… and I have to suggest FLV Brut bubble wine. From .6% to around 1.2%
it’s got the bubbles, its dry, but it can go with any fruit, and in fact, I want to say it is what Morning Mimosa is made from, minus the oranges… One could add in sweetness if it is to be used as a solo.
I stopped using FA back when the regs hit.

Best I can come up with. I like my bubbly bubbles :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Not sure about that one @SthrnMixer , but what I can say is that Chefsflavours.co.uk has a line called Flavour Creative that indeed is (FA) flavors rebottled and at close to half the price of FA from chefs, and available in 10, 30, and 100ml sizes. The FA are only available in 10ml .
The biggest problem though is Chefs changed the names of alot of the flavors and won’t say which is which.

4 Likes

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Ok, that’s fucking it. I am done. BANG!

5 Likes

Sorry. That was me throwing my Twixted recipe notebook in the trash can.

I will definitely miss INW Milk Chocolate. Probably in 3 years when my stash of it runs out. There are better chocolates out there by now I am sure. I never used it by itself, because I thought all the chocolates (available 2 years ago) lacked something. So I always mixed 2 or 3 together. FA Cocoa seemed to be needed in some chocolates, but it was so hard to get right. It loved to burn in your coils. But INW Milk Chocolate was about the closest thing I found to candy bar kind of chocolate. So I am sad to see it go. But on the flip side, to all those that don’t have a stockpile of it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Not that I’ve found (yet).

4 Likes

Medicine Flower Dark Chocolate is incredible.

5 Likes

To be honest, I kinda think my original recipe for my Twixted juice was close enough for the chocolate. It had FA Cocoa and FA Chocolate in it. On an RDA, it was fine. Just had to change the cotton a bit more often. Now, if someone has a sub for FA Cocoa, that would be great.

2 Likes

I knew it. That may be a great sub for Cocoa.

4 Likes

I don’t have any to spare or I would send you a sample. If you don’t mind taking a chance at wasting $25, here it is…

https://riversupplyco.com/products/medicine-flower-dark-chocolate

And really, I think you could probably use this alone in Twixted for the chocolate component and leave the others out. Hell if it were me I’d mix a 30ml sample and try it. Just keep in mind, MF are typically long steepers and I’ve found this particular flavor hits the fully mature mark at about 6 weeks.

3 Likes

On my wish list. In fact, I think MF will be about the only flavors I buy except for what I need for a few of my fav recipes.

2 Likes

I have both version (luckily) as I went to an Australian supplier when things were looking scary, and I think @woftam might have turned me onto them, and YES, the new version is band aides !!! This IS a great post @SthrnMixer, and I hadn’t thought of it until you posted this up. Not to derail, but the only thing that I have found that rocks like the original INW MC was @Pro_Vapes MC Base.

Snap 2020-08-21 at 11.38.47

6 Likes

Where is Pro Vapes, he isn’t here yet?? :thinking:

4 Likes

Soon, Grubby :stuck_out_tongue: hehe!!

OH and I made more coffee :crazy_face: :tada: :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Good old Pro_Vapes. He was the original MF pioneer, and is one helluva mixer. Thanks for sharing that. Yeah, I hope he hangs out here. Haven’t even seen him posting on ELR since I came back.

3 Likes

He has been around… will see. :slight_smile:
Anyone else on the list, WF?

2 Likes

There are a lot of people I used to talk to on ELR that I don’t see there anymore. wvsanta is one I kinda miss. Good ole boy. Amy2, DarthVapor. And Alisa, but she quit vaping. Trying to think here.

6 Likes

There are quite a few on Discord. But I am kinda thinking most of them will be aliases of people not worthy of joining the cool kids.

5 Likes

Give JF Cocoa a shot. Not nearly as dry as the FA Cocoa more like a drinking chocolate Cocoa than the Baking Cocoa of FA

6 Likes