Finding recipes I can make

Imported my stash from elr, 5 flavours gave errors and I’ve spent like 10mins now looking for a way to manually add these flavours to my stash and can’t find it.
There’s no ‘add’ button anywhere to be seen and if I find the flavour page, again, there is no ‘add to stash’ button anywhere in sight.

About as far from user friendly as you can get.

3 Likes

Finally figured it out. What a nightmare of a site…

3 Likes

I have to agree with @Illogik here, for some reason ATF just doesn’t flow for me and feels a bit disjointed and I always keep going back to ELR which although isn’t as flashy just feels right and works every time.
ELR for me is like a familiar old friend that I feel most comfortable using and it has never let me down.

5 Likes

I rarely use ELR now though. This one we have here is a lot better. I do use ELR when looking for something to make though as there’s tons more recipes there.

5 Likes

I agree with you but I must admit that sometimes I just forget about this one and also I’m a bit stuck in my ways because I have been using ELR for so long now. I will definitely try to make more of a conscious effort to use the calculator here though.

5 Likes

Go to Eliquid recipies.com and start your free accnt then hit “Resources” and enter the flavor you have and it will give you the recommended percentage for that flavor concentrate.Plus its the biggest Data bank of recipies in the world with the best eliquid calculator and options

6 Likes

Thanks @Mookeye. I’ve already been doing this since I started DIYing. It’s the elr site where I discovered the mixing royalty who is @SmokyBlue and ultimately led me to this awesome forum.

This part isn’t true though. Our own calculator has tons more options than the elr offering, and was built from scratch by our very own @Grubby

6 Likes

Oh ok i believe you lol,ive only really used 2-3 different online caculators.I dont really even use a lot of the functions at ELR like forums etc.I mainly use the Calculator,flavor stash but not “What can i Make” function cause the recipies are all watered down with too many crappy ones and usually missing half the concentrates needed to make it anyway :laughing: im set to private n make up my own recipies.I just erased about 5-6 jost ok Recipies but ive got quite a few piling up especially with Caps,FA n WF coming up with all these new flavs.Im just now getting into VSO and Sobucky SSA concentrates which are Awsomeso far​:ok_hand:i promised myself i wouldnt go over150-175 concentrates but thats not happening lol.BUT i try to stick to quality over quantity at least…some have 600+ flavors and id prb barely use a third of those hahaa

6 Likes

I still use elr for the ‘what can I make’ feature just because there are so many recipes on there, it’s easier to get an idea for something new. Also, that feature is still a work in progress on our calculator and doesn’t exactly work properly right now. I often look on elr to see what concentrates are paired with most or what % people use them at etc. Elr still is very useful but when it comes to inputting an actual recipe, there are just so many more feature on our calc, like mixing with a pre-made base (70/30 vg/pg for example) and mixing by weight, which I don’t see on elr.

4 Likes

Yeah! Good luck with that. Let me know how it works out for you! As someone who was smoking two and a half packs a week, I decided years back to switch to vaping to save money.

That worked out about as well as a cold shower for a nymphomaniac sex addict. (or so I’ve heard…:rofl:)

7 Likes

:laughing::laughing: Flavor concentrates are cheap for Diy mostly but theres SO MANY to choose from! I have 3 liters of 100mg salt nic and about 80 flavs so far.Vg n pg is cheap too,scale was 24$.Every 120 ml bottle i make costs me about 70 cents :laughing: but i cant stop buying flavor concentrates especially when these companies keep coming out with new flavs and rated very high by single flav testers on youtube.Still im tryna stop at 150-175 of quality instead of quantity.Some people have 5-600 flavors and arent even great mixers.Id prob toss half those out i know that ill never use lol like champagne,licorice,chinsy creams that i know are just Average etc :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Yeah, I originally thought who really needs more than 50 flavour concentrates, over 600 later!!! Oh, and you can get an operation for your other problem! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

My tops was gonna be 150 concentrates as i dont have the room.Ideas for recipies i have no shortage of but room is the main issue where i live But here i am at 264 :laughing: everytime theres new releases i cant help myself…But as far as recipies ive never made anyones recipies n im sure theres some really great ones out there im missing out on…im just trying to stick to my trend of my own recipes as i have for 3 years since my first mix.I might steal ideas n pieces or stones of recipies like some custard stones,cheesecakes stones,paticular creams or additives mostly by my own trial n error n research…a method im quite proud of but im not boasting by no means,i give my recipies a lot of thought n jotting down of ideas lying in bed at night,youtube mixers,noted flavods etc and pairing of flavors i think is key in any recipie as much as percentages naturally come into play equally as much as the pairings themselves obviouslly .Many Fb group members struggle with ideas for recipies but i love so many profiles n flavors thats never been an issue for me thankfully

7 Likes

Ditto, have over 50 recipes all my own, my magpie instinct comes into play when I see someone pairing flavours together I hadn’t thought of and I think they actually sound like they will really work! The only recipes from others I have tried have been the very low % all Flavorah recipes and haven’t liked a single one so just stick to my own but do like the brainstorming threads on here (sometimes participate, sometimes I just absorb the information) suggestions and ideas from others I find very valuable!

8 Likes

I have s sht ton of recipies,sure there’s cool pairings i hadn’t thought of but in my 3 Diy years of mixing i gotta say whether simple fruit medleys or decadant desserts,it couldnt be goin better…Beverages,pies,cakes…my only one im working hard at n struggling a lil is Coffee/Cappuchino,/Mocha/Expressos…their pretty good but need a lot of fluffing up with creams,butterscotch,caramels,waffle.Maybe thats why jungle only makes 1 coffee one shot cause its hard to find Good coffee concentrates .I know FA Drk bean expresso and Vso expresso helps as a good strong coffee starting point without all the cheating n fluffing like tiramisu or coffee crisp type desserts to help it…i have 6-7 coffee recipies that are good but i cant help wanting a more starbuck type -columbian bean flavot ,Good but not too fluffed up with additves galore,just a good coffee ADV :laughing: .I know- i know i tried the Osdiy one its Ok but still needs help imo…im close ill get thee perfect ones eventually

6 Likes

@Mookeye Have you tried Wonder Flavors Cappuccino Cream? That’s a really nice one and also VTA make some very nice coffee flavours.

6 Likes

I love coffee vapes. :coffee: What’s that good one-shot at flavorjungle? I’ve been eyeballing the Irish coffee one shot. I’ve been toying with a Black Forest Mocha. It’s pretty good so far just needs some tweeking.

4 Likes

It misht be the irish coffee one…All brown bottle (FE?) Its the only 1 shot i ever tried…its pretty good,i mixed it with vso mocha and .75% vso expresso

3 Likes

I had the WF coffee in my basket but heard it was dark n dirty( which i dont care if its good) and tried VT coffee milk froth which had no coffee taste to speak of,Purilum sweet coffee n caramel same n needed expresso to help it.FA cappuchino is ok with some help ,Im gonna get the VT Arabic coffee next n see if that has a bit more coffee in it.The vso expresso is good but after 4-5 days n tends to get stronger and think i can work with that as a starter to work with.FA dark bean expresso is supposed to be good but people say at.05% but ive used it @ 2% lol and still didnt seem all that strong after 2 weeks tho it worked…ill figure out the right combination eventually without too much fluffing …i dont mind a few as long as it doesnt lose that robust flavor :smile: Session Drummer says Sobucky SSA Mocha coffee is good so im def grabbing that one too

5 Likes

Guess you guys don’t know that myself and @Rocky02852 are coffee freaks… You can check Rocky’s out and Im sure I have a few :grin:

6 Likes