Finding recipes I can make

This is what I found the most challenging to start with was the general strength of different brands!

5 Likes

@Timwis I wish I had soo much more time for DIY’ing, as I’d go from scratch more often. I do, but in the essence of time, I had to use stones/bases or proven pairings to shortcut my way in the door.

I do believe however, “from scratching” always gives the MOST satisfaction, when it finally HITS !!!

5 Likes

That’s down to the individual to SFT and get to know their own flavours, that’s a given!

5 Likes

Would you? lol! Unique all right! :rofl:

4 Likes

Well I’d used it a few times in the past, just for rando ideas, but never signed up. I just did, just to see WHAT control you have over your flavors, and it looks pretty good.

3 Likes

Is it computer generated ?

3 Likes

If you’re not logged in, it’s computer driven rando recipes, if you’re logged in, you can steer it to your applied stash.

4 Likes

But it still would have no clue in regard the wildly variants in notes between different flavours like Lemons, biscuits etc! So if it’s pretty good it backs up my notion of using a recipe just as a template!

4 Likes

This is the exact image I already have on my pc which I use. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thanks @Rocky02852 but that feature is so broken for me. It always shows me 21 recipes and I can’t make any of them.

5 Likes

Not seen that one before. I’ll give it a try, thanks @SessionDrummer

3 Likes

There should be a cron job that runs nightly if you change your stash, is your stash up to date? The issue arises with WCIM with user-defined and wrong flavours showing up in the recipe list.

@Grubby when you get the chance mate can you have a peek? :beers:

5 Likes

I’ve spoke with Grubby about this already, more than once. I have no idea if there’s a fix in the works or not but it hasn’t worked for me at all since I’ve been here.
To start with I assumed it was down to my miniscule concentrate collection but now I have about 112 concentrates (still miniscule I know) it is still just as broken as when I started with only a handful.

5 Likes

Well tbf I have about 1500 in my stash (i have been slack about keeping it updated) and I can make 450 odd being there are only 1774 public recipes that is not an unexpected result. Having all the flavours in your stash to make a recipe can be tough.

There are plans to make it a little more flexible in the future (say recipes that you are missing 1 concentrate, 2 concentrates etc etc) but it is on hold for now because of the massive amount of data that has to be crunched by the server to produce the list.

6 Likes

Yeah I can imagine the ton of work needed to add features like this and considering the fuckton of work the Grubster has already put into this, I’ll let him off. Just this once!

6 Likes

What I find funny is that it doesn’t even show me my own recipes that I obviously know I can make. :rofl:

5 Likes

That is by design we didn’t think showing you your own recipes was something that you wanted when clicking the button

6 Likes

Ah, ok. Makes sense I suppose.

5 Likes

What‘s crap about ATF? It’s actually quite nice. If you’ve added your flavors to your stash, you can 1) search „what can I make“ and/or 2) use the filters +1/+2 to search for recipes where you‘re missing 1 or 2 flavors. Will you get more suggestions on ELR, sure? Are 90% unusable, yes. I would use VCC and ATF when looking for recipes to make.

4 Likes

I just don’t like the layout tbh. It’s not very user friendly. Call me finicky, I just don’t like it.

4 Likes