DIYFlavorChaser.com One Shots Reviewed by SessionDrummer

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Flavor Chaser OneShots

Thanks for trying them out, hope you have a great time with them. The photo looks cool!

6 Likes

Oh yeah I had fun! Loved your take on the ice cream part. Well balanced. Something I could say about every mix I tried :drooling_face:

Even went and ordered some cereal flavours after tasting yours, I wanted to try and have a berry forward fruit loop. Even though that’s not a thing.

6 Likes

Wow, the Flavor Chaser family keeps getting bigger, and better…

6 Likes

Can’t hold us back… :grin:

4 Likes

A super huge thanks out to @woftam for creating these, and also out to @FlavorChaser for generously sending these out for review. Mixing, and steeping now …

3 Likes

I still need to get me some of that D’Mango…soon! Can’t wait to hear your thought’s on the CS, SD.

3 Likes

Well I appreciated your review of it @whthek, as there has been more and more chatter about these one-shots.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Can’t wait to hear your thought’s! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Just a little revisit to @FlavorChaser’s site, and checking out two One-Shots from our own @woftam.

Laura has really expanded her offerings since the last time I visited her site, and it’s pretty impressive.

https://www.diyflavorchaser.com/

Today we’ll be checking out two from Woftam, who’s also expanded his product offerings as well.

https://www.diyflavorchaser.com/mysterfog

As most times, all testing was done on a SteamCrave RDTA v.1, with dual Kanthal, 24ga. vertical coils with fresh cotton and dry burned in between testing. The One-Shots were mixed at the prescribed percentages, and steeped about 1.5 weeks.

Mango D’Unchained (Myster Fog) 15% (11-21-21) – When checking Simon’s page, this one was billed interestingly …

The tender and sweet flesh of a succulent ripe Aussie mango with a hint of icecream. D’Mango Unchained will be the last Mango you will ever need to buy.

I was most curious because it said with a “hint” of ice cream, so it wasn’t supposed to be a full on Mango Ice Cream, and that interested me. Alright, this one did present as a delectable, juicy Mango, that almost had slgiht apricot nuances, that almost enveloped you IN the Mango. Quite an experience, as I’m not typically a fruit vaper, so I had expected maybe a 2 dimensional Mango, but this was def. more 3 dimensional. Ripe and fleshy were the two main aspects that struck me, but there WAS a rather interesting smooth, almost ice-creamy finish that carried it out nicely at the end. It wasn’t overwhelming, or overly creamy, and surprisingly it didn’t temper the initial onrush of the Mango, nor mute it, but gently kissed it, on the way out the door. A very nice touch. The Mango itself was bright, punchy, and very natural tasting, with a very nice helping of it. At 15% it felt nice and full, with no offputing notes, nor any overt artificial qualities. The slight ice-creamy finish was a very nice twist, as it really only revealed itself at the very end, and kept it quite interesting. A very solid, and interesting take on the Mango, and more dimensional than I had expected. Nicely done, and for you fruit or Mango lovers, this one should be able to take care of that for you. 9.85/10.

7 Likes

Onto the 2nd one from @woftam, Custard Slut.

Custard Slut (Myster Fog) 15% (11-21-21) – Now according to Simon …

Custard Slut is a decedant creamy vanilla custard with a nice European eggy feel. Those that say custard isn’t meant to be vaped on its own haven’t vaped this.

Let’s get the whole, “Yeah, but does it suck or what” ? out of the way, hehe. NO, it doesn’t suck, and it IS rather Sluttish if I do say so myself. Quite slutty now that I think about it. Now I don’t 100% know what a “European eggy feel” is, but I think I know what he was getting at. This one proved to be a fairly complex Custard, that left you rather guessing exactly WHAT was going on, and that’s nice for a change with a Custard, because most times, you just get what you get, and then more of the same. Creamy, and smooth were on deck with this one, and yes, some egg, but not in an overbearing way, but almost always present JUST enough. At times, I could swear I was almost getting a hint of banana, or coconut, but that was part of the mystery. I think the flavors were so expertly paired and blended, that it did shift and sway around during the test, which just really kept it interesting. At 15% it was nicely present, but not overbearing, which can be easy to do with custards. Smooth, and about mid level sweet or a tick higher, nothing felt out of place, except for an exact descriptive profile. Throughout two testers I really enjoyed this one, and the fact that it did defy exactly revealing itself, did keep it interesting, and non-fatiguing. It was light enough to never wear out it’s welcome, but heavy enough to hold your interest. It was hard to nit pick this one, and about the only thing would have been a slight astringent after note. This easily could be pushed out by adding a dash of sweetener, but Simon chose NOT to, and you’ve got to love that. If you want it sweeter, you could add it, but it wasn’t forced on you. In closing, another great showing from the Myster Fog line, in the form of a slightly eggy custard, that was smooth, and creamy, with a complexity that kept you guessing, with maybe hints of coconut and banana. I can’t go lower than 9.9/10 on this one.

@whthek did a great job of reviewing this one as well...
6 Likes

Cheers @SessionDrummer I really appreciate your thoughts and the kind words much love mate.

:heart: :partying_face: :cool_capy:

5 Likes

Well done, SD!

PHEww…glad I’m not the ONLY one :blush:

3 Likes

Thank you very much @SessionDrummer… It was a very long uphill walk… And not because it’s my website but I feel that there is such a buffet of exquisite mixes. I’m very proud of the mixers that are under the diyfc roof… Thank you for taking the time to review MysterFogs oneshots :heart::kissing_heart:

3 Likes

You’re very welcome @FlavorChaser. I have to say, you’ve really stepped up your game, and I see @Steampugs, and @Netreality have even MORE new shots !!!

4 Likes