A review of Custard Slut-One Shot by @woftam(Simon)

This, my first ever public review of a liquid, came to fruition after first, making mention of the fact that I’ve consumed quite a bit of Simon’s One Shot-Custard Slut(it’s really good stuff), and, then, by some humorous form of coercion from a regular, here at VC…someone who’s also become a friend.

So, here I sit, at my keyboard, trying to stitch together enough word’s to convey my thought’s about this worthy concoction.

Buckle up…here we go.

I’ve been filling my lungs with Custard Slut for just over a year now, having made the inital purchase as a relatively new member here, at VC, to help support the site. It was the name of the recipe that caught my eye while browsing the ‘diyflavorchaser.com’ store…well, the custard part of the name, more so than the slut part, but I digress!

One tankful in, and I was liking it…I mean really liking it! The taste was much different than any custard I’d tried, up to that point. The first part of it’s description reads: ‘Custard Slut is a decadent creamy vanilla custard with a nice European eggy feel’. So, without putting further thought into it, the elusive note I was experiencing toward the finish was simply chalked up to being the ‘nice European eggy feel’. I guessed that eggs must just taste different in the land down under. :crazy_face:

But seriously, as I mixed, and went through bottle, after bottle of CS, now some 800ml later, and counting, I would sometime’s fixate on just what the hell IS ‘that’ :thinking:…beyond the mid weight creaminess(this doesn’t strike me as a heavy custard), a smooth vanilla that ride’s along throughout, egginess, and some sort of buttery, caramel-ly note?? :drooling_face:
And, getting back to that deceptive finish, where, in my Goon 1.5, I’m not picking it up as much, as with the sub-ohm tank and mesh coil. (Yeah, I know RDA/RTA’s are the gold standard of testing flavor, but I’ve never been one to go with the flow :innocent: :grin:) Soo \sigh…the closest way I can try to describe it, is that there’s a ‘Cola’ note floating around at the end of each hit. Yepp…the part that hit’s the roof of your mouth when you take a swig of the real thing. And , for me, that’s the part that keep’s me wanting more of this mix!

The second half of the profile description is written as follow’s: ‘Those that say custard isn’t meant to be vaped on its own haven’t vaped this’…I concur, but you do whatever float’s your boat! For me, Custard Slut stand’s quite well on it’s own!

Oh, also, I DO add .5% of Sweetness-Flavorah when mixing this, as many mixer’s leave sweetener’s out of their one shot’s(usually noted in description), allowing for the personal taste’s of the individual.

So, there you have it…thank’s for reading…I highly recommend you pick up a bottle next time you find yourself perusing the shelve’s at the Flavor Chaser store.

Derek, aka @SessionDrummer , Thank you for the ‘push’ I needed, to put myself out there. :+1:
Though I’m pretty sure I’m not cut out to do review’s. :blush:

13 Likes

Hehe.

Something, EVERY mixer, loves to hear.

Interesting …

You’re very welcome @whthek. I’m glad you did, and NOW that I’ve read it, I think you SHOULD do more reviews !!!

7 Likes

Oh Noooo…don’t say that! :rofl: my hair is 3 shades whiter, nerves on edge, I think I broke the delete, and backspace key’s on my keyboard :upside_down_face: with all the re-writing/re-wording of the draft(s) lol

Thanks for the vote of confidence though :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Don’t worry about that, ask @Steampugs, because he did the SAME THING, and then resorted to using White Out on his monitor to compensate. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I really appreciate the review mate (a damn fine job). I love getting feedback it is always the bit that both excites and gives a feeling of dread at the same time.

I am super glad you like it. :partying_face: :+1:

:heart:
I never add sweetener to any oneshot as I think it is a personal preference of the consumer to sweeten if they think it is needed.

13 Likes

Excellent read, Is this available in UK?

6 Likes

It was available at chefs but unfortunately not anymore

6 Likes

When I first came to this forum it confused the hell out of me that the web address was co.uk yet the then advertised one shots to support the forum needed to be purchased from the US, found that quite bizarre!

7 Likes

Ya chefs never picked up the VC one-shots but life is like that sometimes.

6 Likes

Yes, that’s EXACTLY what it’s like !!!

4 Likes

Canada eh :grin:

6 Likes

Bro. are you kidding me? If I didn’t already agree with you and already have my fix I would go out right now to get it!!!

If you get a chance you should try de’ mango unchained. It is out of this world delicious.

Well done my friend. Well done.

7 Likes

Very kind word’s, and much appreciated, Dan!
And, the D’Mango will be in my next order from Zippy!

5 Likes

[shameless plug]

https://www.diyflavorchaser.com/product-page/d-mango-unchained

[/shameless plug]

8 Likes

Damn, that sucks, I just went to get some and I couldn’t find it but they keep some one-shots I wouldn’t touch if someone gave it to me.

I love flavour Chaser site but I just don’t have the money to pay shipping and shipping from the States and or Canada is more expensive.

8 Likes

Just re-read you review @whthek, while waiting for mine to finish steeping. Nicely done, and a good read.

5 Likes

Chalk it up to beginner’s luck?? !! Thank’s again Dman :wink: Testing VSO- BB Raw, V1, V2. Talk about an assault on the sense’s. Trying to discern, and write about 3 BB’s, side by side. Thought it was a good idea at first, but not easy for me. Probably should only do one of them per day. Started @ .2% with the Raw…it’s nearly full flavored at that weight!

7 Likes

Agreed, that is tuff.

4 Likes

A couple of sips of beer in between each test will reset your taste buds a little and it has the added bonus that it is beer for science lol

6 Likes

Funny you should mention…

With dry burning coil’s, and fresh cotton/rayon between test’s being a norm, I’ve not heard anyone extol the virtue’s of brushing one’s tongue(with toothpaste) a few time’s a day, when testing flavor. I will say, having done so more frequently as my testing program has picked up steam(pun intended) :smirk:, there has been a marked improvement in my ability to taste my tester’s!

I’m remembering now, that when I was a smoker, I would do the same so my food would taste better!

6 Likes