Dead mod? Asvape Michael

So my mod decided to do some weird shit and im starting to see this screen too often…

Fresh Battery’s, fully cleaned contacts left to “dry” and it will work for a few puffs then dead, it’s like the battery’s are dead or something but they’re not, any ideas??

@Jose Link to update tool for VO200 - Dropbox - Michael File for Customized Logo.zip - Simplify your life

1 Like

I will keep an eye on this. I have the same problem with the VO Tech VIA 240 which uses the same chipset as the Michael.
I have a vid of it in the comments underneath the review I did for the VIA.

3 Likes

Have you updated it at all??

No, I didn’t, there’s nothing on their website about updates. There’s not even a mention they’ve ever sold the VIA.
https://vo.technology
I’ve basically just written it off.
Got it send over for review and posted the shenanigans under the review so people can see it :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

My mod shows a menu, charge / update, I’ll grab the url it shows when I get a second

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

Found a link to an update for the Asvape Michael although it is advised you dont use it…

My problem seems to be related to the USB port as that menu is shown when you plug the mod in.

1 Like

That seems to have worked… Link to update tool for VO200 in 1st post

3 Likes

Also pulled the bottom off the mod and cleaned excess liquid from around the plate connection

2 Likes

When I plug in the usb without batteries in the mod it tells me it shorted and when I plug in the usb with batteries I get the two batteries flickering on the screen and nothing else.
The chip is an upgrade from the one in the Michael, it’s the VO240 so I don’t think the same upgrade would work on it.
It’s a zipfile too and I have a Mac.
Thanks anyway man, I will bookmark this in case my Michael goes south :grinning:

I’m not too bothered since I didn’t pay for it and to be honest I’m a bit scared of the thing now, that’s why I shelved it.
I have plenty decent, working mods so I’ll just write this one off as a loss :poop: :clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

I was wondering about that…

When “weirdness starts happening”, that’s almost always the first thing I want to check for anymore.

3 Likes

i have de same problem, do you fix this?

3 Likes

First off welcome to the forum!

I never managed to get mine working all the time, it works for a little while then stops / starts when it feels like it… :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Thanks for the welcome, sorry for my bad English. The same happens to me as you = ( I have an expensive ornament.

4 Likes

Your English is fine :smile:

At least it has nice art work :laughing:

3 Likes

Do you have a photo of the exploded view when you cleaned it? I could not disassemble it completely, remove 4 screws.
Perhaps the fault is in the USB port, which detects a non-existent cable connection.

2 Likes

Poop!!! Just got a ASvape Strider today in the mail. Of course it has a VO chip.

1 Like

Nope, I only removed the end and cleaned excess liquid

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I also have the same charge/update problem. Did any of you use a USB cable to charge the mod/batteries? It seems everyone who used a usb cable end up with this problem at some point. I also know people that use external battery chargers and their devices are still going strong.

4 Likes