Dead mod? Asvape Michael

Interesting.
That would seem to indicate that there may be a strong possibility of having bad solder joints on the USB connector.

Welcome to VC!

4 Likes

First off welcome, thanks for joining us :smile:

I believe I did charge the batteries at some point through the mod out of necessity while I was out… :thinking:

Thanks for the info

5 Likes

Thank you, yes I also believe the probem is centered around the charging port. I’ll try to open it and see if I can spot anything unusual.

4 Likes

W’sup everyone.
So I opened up my Michael to try and see if I can pick up anything out of place. I could not fully open it because the fire button side would not come out, don’t know why, glue maybe, or clable to the 510 connection. But from what I saw all wiring and soldering are still in tact, the charge port however is very flimzy and can be easily moves about. Other other than I could not spot anything else. I guess from my side “That’s all she wrote folks” I’ve had it with this inferior quality junk and anything AS Vape related.

2 Likes

Any way to remove the USB port??

Yeah I suppose there is way to remove it , but that’ll most probably lead to another fault.

1 Like

Is the board “wet”?

1 Like

No the board isn’t wet.

1 Like

Does it move around by itself at night or moan?

4 Likes

I have always charged the batteries externally on the VO Tech VIA 240 and still got the Michael problem so I don’t know if that explains it.

3 Likes

Hi, i have the same problem with my michael ;/ usb connection loop, plus when i click fire button when connection menu is on the screen it starts again counting 10s. I had fully disassembled my mod and found all the screws so if you want i can show you why front panel doesn’t want to come off.

3 Likes