Daily Vape News Links

3 Likes

Truth Initiative send out this text. Arent the patches and gum are meant for users 18+? So they suggest people buy them for their Juul addicted children? Remind me but isn’t one of their mainstay arguments is that nicotine is harmful to developing brains?

7 Likes

Yes, that’s rather unbelievable. And yet another example of what should be seen by the public as blatant bias against vaping. Oh, and an obvious wink-wink-nudge-nudge to Big Pharma.

5 Likes

LMFAO

https://www.ksnt.com/news/local-high-school-holds-seminar-about-vaping-dangers-only-1-parent-shows/

6 Likes

Good to see you posting. Haven’t seen you in awhile.

2 Likes

I think I am going to print that one out as a handout for clients who give me the fishy eye per vaping.

2 Likes

Holy Shit dunno how this is gunna play out

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-11-01/china-bans-online-sales-of-e-cigarettes-to-protect-adolescents

Edit dont stress yet see below

4 Likes

After a bit of searching and translating - it is so unlike the US media especially Bloomturd to get only half the story here is the full release by google translate - i believe it is only local ban not international

Administration of the State Tobacco Monopoly Bureau national markets
to advertise
2019 No. 1
Notice concerning the protection of minors from further infringement of the electronic cigarette

2019-11-01

On August 28, 2018 , the State Administration of Markets and the State Tobacco Monopoly Bureau issued the Notice on Prohibiting the Sale of Electronic Cigarettes to Minors (State Administration of the State Administration of Taxation, State Tobacco Monopoly Bureau Notice No. 26, 2018, below Referred to as the “Notice”. Since the publication of the “Notice”, the awareness of the community to protect minors from e-cigarettes has generally increased, and the phenomenon of directly promoting and selling e-cigarettes to minors has improved. But at the same time, it is also found that minors still know, buy and smoke electronic cigarettes through the Internet. Even e-cigarette companies are blindly pursuing economic interests, and publicizing, promoting and selling e-cigarettes through the Internet poses a huge threat to the physical and mental health of minors. To further protect minors from e-cigarettes, the relevant matters are hereby notified as follows:

As a supplement to traditional tobacco products such as cigarettes, e-cigarettes have their own safety and health risks. They are more selective in raw material selection, additive use, process design, quality control, etc. Some products have smoke leaks and inferior batteries. Quality safety hazards such as the addition of unsafe ingredients. In accordance with the relevant provisions of the Law of the People’s Republic of China on the Protection of Minors, in order to strengthen the protection of the physical and mental health of minors, various market entities may not sell electronic cigarettes to minors. Any organization or individual should dissuade and stop the sale of electronic cigarettes to minors.

At the same time, in order to further strengthen the protection of minors’ physical and mental health and prevent minors from purchasing and smoking electronic cigarettes through the Internet, we urge electronic cigarette production and sales enterprises or individuals to close the electronic cigarette Internet in time from the date of issuance of this circular. Selling websites or clients; urging e-commerce platforms to close e-cigarette stores in time and timely removing e-cigarette products; urging e-cigarette production and sales companies or individuals to withdraw e-cigarette advertisements posted via the Internet.

The tobacco monopoly administrative departments and market supervision and administration departments at all levels shall earnestly strengthen the promotion and implementation of this notice to protect minors from e-cigarettes. The tobacco monopoly administrative department shall increase the market supervision of e-cigarette products, strengthen the monitoring, dissuasion and suppression of the promotion and sale of e-cigarettes through the Internet, and investigate or notify relevant departments of all kinds of illegal activities discovered.

8 Likes

There is no way that China will stop selling vaping products to the rest of the world, there is far too much money to be made, and their government knows it.
To me it is just them caring about the kids :innocent::roll_eyes: yeah right.
It is about protecting their tobacco interests.

4 Likes

They banned Juul and I an wondering if the translation is a bit wonky and it just related to juul

4 Likes

Good question, but personally anything that sees Juul go down the loo is good to me.

6 Likes

Even if they go, which I agree may be better for all of us - we will still be left to clean up the steaming pile they left in the middle of the lounge room

6 Likes

Our muppet in charge of health

2 Likes

I’m with you on this. I don’t know either. Gottlieb said and continues to say a lot of things that do not fit the political narrative. I’m a little surprised with as much as some politicians have invested in the destruction of vaping that Gottlieb hasn’t disappeared or met an untimely demise. Obviously he as been osterized and shoved off into a closet. What you do hear from him is almost vape/underground. Definitely not big bucks media airtime. It takes our taxes to buy that. Ya, I’m still pissed.

4 Likes

I am sure that I will get shot down in flames for saying this, however I firmly believe that a lot of the ails of the world are down to the stock/share market.
Too many companies are beholden to the shareholders, and most price hikes in product are due to shareholders demanding a bigger return on their investment, and the CEO’s etc. push it so that they don’t loose their jobs, and also get bigger bonuses.
Global economic crashes are caused by greedy investors.
IMHO if you can’t afford to expand your business from the profit it generates, then don’t expand. The old maxim of “live within your means” applies to business, as much as it does to private individuals.
Having said all that though, maybe I am just naive, or old fashioned.
Just my 2c worth.

5 Likes

I look at it like a game of monopoly. If you win, that’s it. Game over. Put the board away. You’ve got it all. Nothing you can do with it but you have it. Reducing the ability of others to consume is the destruction of an economy. Real simple. Like everything life, it’s a balance. If you can’t maintain the balance things go south.

5 Likes

I agree, the promise of the US is “opportunity” to make a good life. What you do with those opportunities is on you, don’t take those opportunities when presented and you have no one else to blame. The balance, well that’s a tricky thing ain’t it.

If corporations are allowed to run unchecked then opportunity is lost, we would all work for Walmart and Apple, no such thing as small business. Government also needs to be checked, by us, the people. If left unchecked we would all be government employees or part of the collective, doesn’t work out so great as well.

What concerns me now is the moderate is a dwindling species in our elected officials. Your either far left or right, no inbetween, no listening to the other side. It doesn’t matter if a conservative has a good idea, the far left will ignore it and vice versa. The balance needs a recalibration and soon.

3 Likes

Amen!!! Recalibration and major overhaul!!!

3 Likes

It has been said that God gave you two ears and one mouth, so you should listen twice as much as you speak. Very wise advice for all of humanity, particularly politicians.

4 Likes

So true!!! I am not old (not even 50 yet), but I remember when political imbalance was more, maybe civil is the word. D’s and R’s have never and will never see eye to eye and that’s a good thing, but compromise was easier to do with less fallout decades ago. It’s devolved into major rifts and as you said, the turbines of ideologies have shifted SO far to the extremes of both ends that it is literally tearing the country apart. Sad to say that a good thing can’t last forever, but it’s true. I just hope the center of gravity starts to rotate ever so slightly back inwards and we get a bit more equilibrium and balance to set in before the centrifugal force causes the whole turbine to explode.

3 Likes