COVID and the vaccine

@woftam, I know you know this, but it still needs to be said. Do you remember (before they kept moving the goalposts), when we were doing “this” to “flatten the curve” ??

5 Likes

Ya massive over reaction tbh - i am all for stopping the spread of this shit but for such a small number to lock down the whole state is just madness

6 Likes

It DOES make the mind wander @woftam. If he is willing to overreact to something this small, when WILL it end ?

6 Likes

He has turned into a massive dictator during covid locking us down at the drop of a hat mandating masks etc (the masks are not anything more than inconvenient) but when he locks down regional areas for something that is happening in the capitol it is just ridiculous.

I did make an error with the numbers tho it is not 13 it is 19 which makes it 32% worse lmfao.

These are the snap restrictions that were announced at 11 am yesterday and came into effect midnight.

Yet the Australian Open Tennis is allowed to go ahead albeit without any live crowds

5 Likes

Ahhhhh, I remember a couple of months (or was it weeks?) ago when our premier locked down the state for one case supposedly with high tracing impact, then reopened it 2 days later because they got the facts wrong. (the person with the covid lied)…

It’s now beyond a joke. We were in regional Vic a couple of weeks ago and I said to my wife we had to keep our eye on the news in case we got stuck there. Didn’t have a problem but something like this could have happened and stuffed us up.

6 Likes

Second vaccine this morning. It’s been about twelve hours and no notable side effects beyond a one degree rise in body temp so far. Not enough to even be considered a fever. The first shot was rougher than the second. Interesting comment from the woman who gave me the shot. She sited the possibility that I may have had Covid and that was part of the first shot reaction. It is something I have pondered as when this mess first started I had about a three week period will all of the symptoms except lost of smell at a mild level. No idea what really went on and it has no matter.

So far so good.

5 Likes

And you have to ask yourself…why? What is there to gain?

Oh, I’m perfectly capable of coming up with answers. When I do, oftener than not the accusations of tin-foil-hat-wearing gets volleyed at me. Still, WTF?

5 Likes

The very first lockdown we had last year under the cover of the lockdown, since the press were all about covid reporting (and still are) the politicians voted themselves a 10% pay rise after arguing for months about not granting a 3% increase to the fire, police and ambulance services. So my guess there is some more back room shenanigans happening again.

5 Likes

Just sayin

3 Likes

Well I’ll just say that’s kind, unassuming, and granting them vast legions of leeway as none of it pans with the end game behind keeping us divided and controlled.

3 Likes

“Britain is ruled by a fascist dictator”

4 Likes

When we stop cooperating is when it will end. Doesn’t look like that’s going to happen any time soon.
Sheep are still goose stepping in line.

Good thing about the hat is that you can take it off any time you want without having any bad health reactions.

Isn’t it the same everywhere? Here the healthcare workers got rounds of applaus, like they did in many countries, but a pay rise? NO!

We couldn’t swamp healthcare, they are understaffed. In this country they threw away 80 billion euros on PCR tests and building test streets, they got the army involved in that.
If they had put that money towards strengthening healthcare, none of those lockdowns would have been necessary.
Apparently ruining society is the endgoal. You can’t have a great restart if the old isn’t destroyed.

5 Likes

Anybody hear anything from @SmilingOgre?
He had his second shot 8 days ago and hasn’t posted anything in the past six days.
I hope I’m overreacting and he’s just painting the basement or something but I’m worried.

4 Likes

@Jose, I’m glad you said something, as I’d forgotten about Walt’s second shot timeline.

4 Likes

I’ve been keeping my eye on it ever since he had that vaccine. I’m worried about this thing and now he’s been quiet for days. Not like Ogre at all.
I thought maybe some people have contact with him outside the forum, FB or something that can shed some light on this.
I don’t like this one bit.

5 Likes

I wish I did @jose.

3 Likes

Wow, sorry! Thanks for lookin out for me. Had mild flu effects for about a week. Nothing that made me really sick. Just body aches, head aches, very low energy (lots of naps). I think coupled with temps outside being in single and teen readings I just got a little down. Just didn’t feel like doing anything. It’s hard to call. Sandy (wife) had some cold/flu like something so it could have been that even. Really not anything worth print as the adage goes. Coming out of it nicely last few days. Went back into work and had a lot of traffic so had a good time chattin in up with folks. Didn’t eat any of them. All real nice folks. Upgraded to an iphone 12 (trade in time) and it is just boring. It just works. I’ve been fighting with Androids for years. This crazy thing just does what I tell it to, no argument. Starting to think about spring too. A very good sign for the headspace. Got some invites to go places and do some drone and video playing. One spot is deep in the mountains of Kentucky. I’ve seen pictures. Amazing topography!!

I guess that’s all I can think of. Thank you for the call out!

8 Likes

No worries my friend. The old Ogre is still bumbling around.

6 Likes

Jeez man, I’m so glad to hear from you :cold_sweat:
Thank God you’re doing fine :hugs:
I was quite worried there. I know I’m not your mum but still :grin:

7 Likes

You have become a very good friend. Mum, maybe not but good friend absolutely. At my age it’s hard for anybody to mother me. Got a great grandson in the oven. High time for this Ogre to step up and be the paternal figure. Odd mix in this head of old wisdom and adolescent ambitions, lol.

7 Likes