Covid-19 pandemic

@Pennywise, firstly, your avatar haunts me. Secondly, what area are you located in ?

4 Likes

You got a good heart brother, same here, not as worried about myself than passing it to someone who would suffer.

Hard to think of anything else to say other than I got a lotta love for a lot of people here. Gonna try and stay positive and start praying again, for each and every one of you.

7 Likes

Safer at home order is now in effect in LA County. Press conference still going on but expecting the same for my county which is 1 county over

5 Likes

Backwater, Missouri.

2 Likes

From what I’ve seen around here, grocery supplies are holding their own, but with low stocks on meat and cleaning supplies. (Stop already, people). Grocery delivery services are struggling to keep up, but it seems most of the stuff is available if you go to the store yourself. Except meat and shitpaper.

Many local places like roller rinks, dentist offices, etc. are closed until further notice. Movie theaters halved their seating to keep people apart. General Motors has announced that the local plant here (makes Chevrolet full-size vans and Colorado pickups) is closing as of like Monday.

People are concerned and appear to be responsible for the most part. No panic I’ve seen. None of the human silliness we’ve read about elsewhere. But, Missouri has few reported cases so far, and no deaths. Hopefully people don’t change when it gets worse.

5 Likes

I thought that you may have packed up your pick and shovel and moved to Oak Island. :clown_face:

5 Likes

I would if I could! That would be very cool actually. But noisy.

4 Likes

Coronavirus: PM orders pubs, restaurants and gyms to close across the UK

7 Likes

There is 61 known cases in my county, that figure looks to climb over the next month or so unless there is a lockdown but I can’t see our government enforcing it.

Boris wants to put out test kits to see who has had it, those that have can go back to work… priority’s eh…

5 Likes

Yeah, especially when people are known to get sick again and are still carrying the virus even after they “recover.”

Maybe there’s a silver lining to this in that the working class will wake up to the fact that the whole damned system has failed and that as a whole we should serve the interests of society instead of the interests of a few hundred oligarchs that don’t give a shit about us. Damn…I better check my temp…must be hallucinating… :mask: :face_with_thermometer: :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Coronavirus: Scientists reveal how the body fights back against infection

5 Likes

They will care when their “servants” start dying off.

4 Likes

Interesting @grubby.

4 Likes

Australia had already found that an anti malaria drug has an effect, they are all over it

5 Likes

Huge increase in known cases here in the UK over night, over 70 now just in my county, it’s gonna spread so fast in the next week, I don’t know if it’s possible to completely avoid it, only time will tell, stay safe people

6 Likes

They are shutting schools as of Tuesday here in Victoria and positive cases jumped by 67 in the last 24hrs (it has now doubled in the last 3 days) there are now total 296 cases not sure if the increase in numbers is due to an increase in testing numbers or not.

At this rate it will be only 42 days until the whole population of Victoria is positive (if the lock downs etc had no effect) hopefully the rate is slowed considerably with the measures the governments are taking.

Please stay safe everyone, I would hate to lose any of you.

7 Likes

I was wondering how things were down under. Your post reminded me of a video that demonstrates the exponential function:

I have grave concerns about police state actions like have been imposed in New York and other large areas here. Nevertheless, Italy appears to be a living example of exponential spread with the UK and others possibly not far behind. Here in Indiana cases doubled overnight. Be safe. No eatee moo goo bat chow…

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I really do hope that the Chinese Gov do something about the wet markets in China - I know they need the extra food sources but shit like this a virus that is not a human virus and the human body has no defence against has the potential to depopulate the whole planet (probably not this time but maybe in the future.)

7 Likes

That’s going to be a tough one. They still have millions of people living in caves. It’s the monied people who want these “delicacies” so the government isn’t expected to push too hard plus the black market is taking up the void here as well. I’m thinkin they’re going to continue to eat a lot of bat shit.

4 Likes

NZ is going to level 4 lock down as of tomorrow night.
That basically means the country shuts down.
Enforced self isolation.
Keep safe everyone.

6 Likes