Covid-19 pandemic

It is?? :thinking:

3 Likes

I don’t know? The original poster says that his intent was general discussion.

Above you have everything from people criticizing politicians to sharing recipes. Mmmmmm SPAM! A Mod suggested parameters and people self deleted because of it. If the policy for every topic is that no political viewpoints or even suggestion of viewpoints can be expressed, then I will happily abide by that. No disrespect meant, just looking for guidance and clarity.

1 Like

I understand, I will talk with @woftam and @steampugs about this, we need to find a level ground and make it clearer, it seems to be causing confusion.

I haven’t really been following but I’ll take a look through now, thanks

2 Likes

@jim22 I see a slight derail but nothing too OTT

It’s a tough one, I feel it’s difficult to talk about a pandemic without discussing some of the politics involved so the rule definitely needs clarity in that aspect, thanks

4 Likes

As far as here in CT, the local news continues to headline it in their newscast, and most but not all local businesses are still requiring masks. Frankly, I think alot of people have had enough of it. We’ve been w/o power here in my neighborhood since Isaias came through and we’re all maskless and not distancing and even shaking hands(old habits die hard). My feeling is if you don’t feel safe being near others that’s fine. I wrote my Governor and asked him to just give us the information and then trust the people. Those that are at higher risk know it, and will be guided by wisdom and common sense. IDK…call me old fashioned.

5 Likes

I see, it’s ok I was just answering what Jim asked, doesn’t matter who said what really, the rule on politics needed clarity so hope this makes sense: (obviously let me know if it doesn’t)

4 Likes

I only have one thing to say about this topic that doesn’t violate forum rules, or rule of decorum for that matter. And that is…

I’m so over Covid 19. :wink:

8 Likes

Never a truer word spoken man :ok_hand:

6 Likes

If i had been visiting another planet for the last 12 months so knew nothing of Covid-19 on my return i would think the new Worldwide obsession was posing pouches!!!

3 Likes

Woke up to the news that Trump and Melania have both tested positive with Covid-19

My ex’s best friend is in the Navy and told her there is some vessels quarantined with it.

Based on the symptoms a friend who had Covid told me I am pretty sure now I had it in mid January.

Shit, when will 2020 end…

2 Likes

#2020Sucks

1 Like

#2021BetterBeBetter

1 Like

Or #2021 even! :wink:

2 Likes

LOL I can’t do math today apparently.

3 Likes

Same here … late February after a visit to Key West.

If POTUS and wife both recover without incident I think that will make a lot of people suffering through shutdowns and restrictions feel a bit…perturbed.

4 Likes

There are a few other close repubs that now have it too.
I wish for anyone… no matter politics, to heal…

I think, like you too @SthrnMixer… I had it last Dec… it sucked!!

2 Likes

I’m sure it sucks having Covid, but I remember the few isolated times I’ve caught the flu sucked too.

I just came across a newspaper article from Februari 2018 in a Dutch newspaper.
Hospitals overflowing with flu patients, ICU flooded with flu patients on respirators, severe staff shortage in hospitals because they caught the flu.

Operations were cancelled, care homes were full of people dying…
The death toll in 2018 was around 9.500, this year from Covid… around 6.500
Apart from a newspaper article, there hadn’t been a single peep in the media about that one.

This is a mediavirus that goes around creating panic to keep people confused. Everyday it’s something else.
The second wave of that mediavirus has started right on time, they’ve told us in March when that second wave was going to start.

“We are dealing with a new virus we know nothing about, but we do know there will be a second wave and also when” :rofl:
Did they train it with a hoop and a whip?

We’ve got new rules since a few days. No more than 4 people together OUTSIDE, with appropriate distance between them of course.

This is completely fucking mad and what makes me even more furious is that I’m no longer allowed to ask a critical question, or question the usefulness of the measures in any way.
It’s not the guberment that’s shutting me up, it’s the idiots that are soaking up BS via a tv screen every single day that tell me to shut it.

I’m rapidly becoming PE no 1 because I do not adhere to the urgent advice to wear a mask when I enter a public building.
How dare I refuse to wear a non medical mask that does fuck all for anyone else but chokes the shit out of me with my chronic hyperventilation :wtf:

I just have to sit tight and wait for this miraculous vaccin to come along.
Meanwhile guberment is trying to hammer through some emergency laws, temporary of course, that will take away the few rights we are left with since 9/11.

All of this to save us from a virus that now, even according to the incompetent WHO, has a death rate of 0.14, the pandemic flu stands between 0.17 and 0.20. :exploding_head:

There are no words to express how mad I am. It is heart-warming to see how easily people are willing to throw away my freedom along with theirs, in return for a basket full of non existing safety.

6 Likes

I couldn’t agree more @jose.

4 Likes

curfew in various European cities …

4 Likes