Coil Art - Show Us Your Coils

I have these which work pretty well

7 Likes

Yupp, similar…

6 Likes

I have to use a set of those due to my eyes not being what they used to be (ageing diabetic) or I would never be able to use RTA’s etc. They are a godsend to me. Mine are made by a company called Fancii and after purchasing them I received a very nice email from the company offering any support that I may need for the product and extra lenses if I needed them. I use the second but last strongest lens in the set.

5 Likes

Thanks for the info @JimmyLee
I’ve done a bit of research on different style’s/Co.'s, and think I’ve settled on these. The ability to flip one or the other out of the way, and/or switch eye’s to prevent fatigue.

This message is included in the description…

Please NOTE - can not use your right and left eyes to watch at the same time, just only one eye

Do you notice your own eyeballs getting tired?

If, and until I get good enough to whip out a pair of coil’s in 15-20min. like the pro’s(not likely) :laughing: I’ll plan on having to give my own aging(1963) eye’s break’s, as I go through the motion’s.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HCKCNZ8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A2NJ5WNAW12NHF&psc=1

5 Likes

Brian they are good I have a set of those as well but you have to get super close to your work for it to focus. the visor i have you can add 2 lenses at the same time to increase the magnification

6 Likes

Hmm…yeah, running the drill up that close would be ok, but managing angles and tension with the wire hand might be iffy.

6 Likes

First attempt and not a here is a pair i prepared earlier trick? Outstanding!

4 Likes

Well, don’t enlarge the photo @Timwis :laughing: Brings to mind the old saying…‘look’s good from my house’ LOL
the new goggle’s I picked up will help me to get those wrap’s closer together, and a sharper pair of cutter’s will keep me from making a mess of the leads!

5 Likes

Keep up the great work mate. Aliens are one of the more difficult coils to master. A tip that worked for me is when you fuse the coils, make sure to hold the fuse wire about 12-15 inches away from the cores. This will allow you to make finer adjustments to the fuse without going too far either way. SS wire is also a bit more tricky to work with than Ni80 or KA1 as it’s a softer metal.

7 Likes

Thank’s for the tip!

So, I can run TC with coils that have a Ni80 wrap, as long as the core’s are SS316? Based on what you say, it sounds like it’s time to pick some up!
Do you lead slightly ahead of a 90º when wrapping your Alien’s?
Also, have you tried wrapping with, and without pre stretching your de-core, and if so, which do you prefer?

:wink: ty

3 Likes

You certainly can with the Replay feature on DNA mods, the best coils i used were some samples sent for feedback which were SS cores and Ni80 wraps, they allowed me to enjoy my favourite feature with my favourite Ni80 wire so i assume the same applies for full TC but will need that confirming!

@Wayneo would probably be able to confirm!

3 Likes

Yes, you sure can :+1:

3 Likes

Spooky as! You must of been typing as i was mentioning you! :sunglasses: :beers:

3 Likes

These would even be handy for fiddly build decks!

3 Likes

Thank’s @Wayneo !

3 Likes

Well after much trial, error, stabbed fingers and many many cuss words, may I present the first coil I’ve made that (to quote) “doesn’t look like robo-pubes”!

Shame that just off shot is a miss! Didn’t bloody notice it til it was already coiled too!

Ahh well, got a cheapo pair of those magnification thingimajigs off Amazon, so hopefully soon I’ll have this one mastered, so I can get back to mixing stuff!

:joy:

11 Likes

Nice Job
Lmao at that ETofborg

6 Likes

Nicely done, Bret!

I’m relieved to now know that other’s have shared some of the same ‘pleasantries’ that I’ve experienced :crazy_face:
Your eyeball’s look as though their ready to jump from their socket’s lol

7 Likes

Thanks! I’ll tell you what else I consider a bit of art; the amount of tricks and sheer brilliance the vaping community as a whole have come up with over the years to make this stuff a lot easier than it otherwise would have been!

A button to make spaced wires all day long? A hairband or zip-lock bag to keep the spools in check? Speaking of which, anyone got an old sewing machine they no longer use? :smiley: That is art!

4 Likes

Check out beadalong spool tamers perfect for your wire

9 Likes