Candied Pineapple:

Looking for help in finding a more candy-ish type Pineapple to add to, or change my old Strawberry/Pineapple recipe into something new! This is how I’ve been mixing it…Any thought’s?

7 Likes

My favourite pineapple would be VT Sugarloaf but I’m not sure it’s the best candy option. I would lean toward MB Queen Delicate or WF Pineapple Candy in that profile, or probably both.

10 Likes

Thanks @marsh8 ! I’ll add those to my list. The sugarloaf was on my radar anyway! :v:

5 Likes

I would submit a vote for sugarloaf vta as well. I often combing vta with pineapple fa (1-2 drops per 15ml).
Heck I may give vta a shot mixing with an shisha inw a shot on my next mix day.

6 Likes

What do you know about Pineapple-FLV? I see it used quite a bit. Thanks @ChrisPDX :wave:
Yes! Shisha Strawberry along with the Sugarloaf?

4 Likes

Now this sounds like the go maybe a bit of WF strawberry gummy to try and help the candy aspect.
I’m sure I’ve mixed something similar I’ll have a dig around. I don’t think I’m sleeping anymore tonight.

4 Likes

Just got the Str. Gummy in, and haven’t tested it yet. Gonna do that this afternoon, Sounds promising.

2 Likes

It loves shisha too, I tend to go 2:1 gummy to shisha.
Another one to mention is MB Jelly Candy it worked much better with tropical fruits to me, but not as versatile as the WF candies or CAP JC (another lover of shisha) :rofl:

5 Likes

I’ll let this Strawberry Gummy Candy sit a few day’s, but first impression after just mixing @2% and homogenizing…it’s similar to Strawberry-TFA, to me. Mid sweet. Not what I was expecting. Let it sit awhile, and come back to it. maybe I’ll try it at 3-3.5% too.

4 Likes

Yes, yes, and MORE yes. @whthek maybe focus on the best pineapple, then try and candy it up a bit.

5 Likes

I’ve use flv but used to supplement flavors and not as a primary. @Rocky02852 would be one of the top user of pineapple flv.

4 Likes

My fav pineapple combo is the sugarloaf VTA (2%) + funky MB (1.5%) you may need to adjust those % up a little for a fuller pineapple (it is more natural super-ripe than candy) so you could add a little bit of sweet candy cap to get the candy vibe (it wouldn’t need much)

7 Likes

Pineapples have always been arduous for me, In my candy mixes I like to use Pineapple FLV with equal parts of Banana FLV, but not in a Pineapple top note recipe. I see @woftam chiming in as I type, and have used his Sugarloaf / Funky combo with great success :ok_hand:

7 Likes

Ok, so what I’m getting from this thread is…there isn’t a perfect candied pineapple, but it CAN be had with a little work!
I’ve added Sugarloaf-VT, Pineapple Candy-WF, Sweet Candy-CAP, Jelly Candy-CAP, and Pineapple-INW.
Anyone use Pineapple Lassi-MB?
I’ll use candy type’s of Strawberry to add to the profile as well! You guy’s are the BEST!! :wink: :+1:

Thank’s for all the input!

Oh, and Funky Pineapple-MB! You guy’s just stormed me LOL I’m trying to read all the replies :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I’m not sure, now, if I should be thanking you all, or starting a Go Fund Me for this cart! :laughing:
Thank you all!

4 Likes

Well you can’t go wrong with that one, you’ll get a lot of mileage out of Sugarloaf. The MB Funky I had laying around forever until Simon gave his Pineapple hack (40% funky / 60% Sugarloaf) and I think if you can candy it up that a great combo.

5 Likes

Ok, I’ll sleep on all this info…this sounds like it might do the trick, though! :+1:

Love these two together…to go with the PA… Sweet Strawberry-JF/ Shisha Strawberry-INW

2 Likes

MOB’s funky paired with Sugarloaf was my first thought (didn’t Know Simon did it…) but ever thought instead of Super Sweet use CAP Sweet Candy pushed a little higher than usual?
Just throwing in ideas…

2 Likes

Hey @Iv3shf !

Yes, that one is in my cart…don’t recall hearing much about it, prior. Does it have similarities to SS, Frank?

I have to constantly push myself (being a creature of habit) to try new flavors…it’s part of the thinking behind starting this topic. I’m glad I did too, otherwise might not have learned of the SL/Funky combo!

Thanks for the help :v:

2 Likes

We talked about it briefly on the last VC show the Sweet Candy Is made from Neotame

Neotame , also known by the trade name Newtame, is a non-caloric artificial sweetener and aspartame analog by NutraSweet. By mass, it is 8000 times sweeter than sucrose. It has no notable off-flavors when compared to sucrose. It enhances original food flavors. … It is chemically somewhat more stable than aspartame.

6 Likes